I left RSE twice

The stories of people who have been in RSE, and the red flags that caused them to step back, ponder it all, and realize it's time to leave, are varied and diverse. Post your story here to help others.
ordinarymind

I left RSE twice

Unread post by ordinarymind »

Hi ...I'm going to try posting again . ..I posted something last night but it seems to have landed in the ethers somewhere and hasn't appeared on the site so I will try again . . .

I left RSE twice . .the first time was because of the wine ceremonies ...this is what I wrote in my journal the night before I left . .. "I can't deny I was bored. I can't deny I was ready for it to be over. I didn't want to hear any more about 'my daughtern' and her two sons. I remember his dance. I thought he was dancing for us and it was powerful. I looked around the room . .at us. Some were asleep. Some talking ,crying, stumbling, snoring. Some watching closely. That's how the wine affects us, he said. "Some of you become sexual, some argumentative and some become free spirits." I remember the feeling of free spirit - the first time was nothing like I had ever experinenced. Fully present. Fully love. My body affected by the wine, yes. . .but my spirit was freed." And now? Well I didn't drink much. I did feel present. I didn't judge. I just felt, I'm not part of this right now. I just feel drunk and sad.

But I still believed Ramtha existed . ..I just thought I didn't have it in me to become god-man, god-woman realized in this lifetime . . .I didn't have what it took to live for 250 years, or grow new teeth, or heal my eyes, or manifest in my hand ...and so I thought I would leave and try to incorporate, on my own, what I had learned these 15 years and just be a better human being . ..after all, I had devoted all my resources to these teachings for 15 years . .all my financial resources and all my will and energy and yet I still wasn't able to "get it" somehow . .still wasn't able to be anything different than a "villager" . ..so I took time out and continued to practice the disciplines . .but after awhile, I began to feel lost and became restless . .and so I went back to a "catch-up" just to find out what was being taught . ..but I became "swept up" again and became current for awhile . ..and then a friend showed me this site ..and I read about a staff member being raped during a wine ceremony . .and about a drunk Ramtha and him throwing up on stage . .and I thought what the hell is going on . ..so red flags all over the place . ..and now I am on the other side of the story . .the side where I don't believe Ramtha ever existed and I am still trying to pick up the pieces and make sense of the 15 years in the school and how could I ever have believed it all . .but I did . ..and now I am on this side of the story and I am grateful to EMF for this site and to my friend for having the courage to show me this site, even though she risked losing my friendship by putting this in my face. Thank you, my friend and thank you EMF.
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

THANK YOU, OrdinaryMind, for posting your story.

I enjoy reading other's stories, because I find them healing. In so many ways, we're all so similar, even though we have our own personalities and paths in life. We really all want similar things at our very essence of being. We had hope to know God (to the point of Oneness), and we wanted to find true love (I'm talking divine, not lust-human), and to be all that we could be; we were sincere, though misguided.

We keep telling readers who will sometimes wonder why "more" people don't post, that people like you (and us) ARE out there, reading. We get the private posts (positive AND negative), and we can see who is viewing. Readership is Global. Our first goal is reaching out to others, as a beacon of light to warn them to be FULLY informed about RSE, since RSE certainly does disclose its criticisms. Heck, they don't even have a department to deal with complaints ! You're told "You create your reality!" So, if you have anything "negative", it's your own fault, not theirs.

I'm not responsible for JZR's choice to slug students (I've witnessed this a few times), or have staff physically throw a woman out the door for not sitting down exactly when she was told to. You could have heard a pin drop on the arena that time. Threw her out onto the rocks. Such MEN, doing that to a woman.

We did have some good times there, no doubt. But, we also came to face the serious wrongdoing that goes on there, as well. When it's all weighed out, the choice is clear; leave and keep walking !

I left RSE twice, too. Once in the very early days of the wine ceremonies. I hadn't even done one. I was preggo, and stayed home for a few years and had a few more kids...thinking I was never returning to that place and/or getting sucked into any more dramas (Sea-11 Water, money scams, etc). It was crap. JZR TELLING students that Omega was genuine. NOT.

I hope you're doing well NOW, OrdinaryMind. Sounds like you are. Thanks to your friend for sharing this site, too. It's certainly controversial, but it's worth the heat .
tree

Unread post by tree »

thank you ordinary mind for such an honest post.
I am with Whatcha here in saying that reading other people's stories are very healing for myself.
And this site IS controversial, and many have had to withstand the judgements of current RSE students who are actually taught to NOT judge, but by the sheer lack of critical thinking skills, they do exactly the opposite.
To date, I have had 3 former friends who are still current in the school tell a lawyer that they actually recall me
on one particular wine ceremony evening that I was flirting with a chief red guard.
All in the name of loyalty to the shcool.
How is God's name can they remember ONE STINKING NIGHT out of how many nights of wine ceremonies for over 9 years??!!!
That is absolutely absurd, as can be attested in your journal. The people who were sleeping, snoring, yelling, those who went outside for whatever escapades, fighting.....night after night of wine ceremonies.
And to think that I thought it such a "prviledge" to "drink with a God."
It is hard to believe sometimes that I fell for that.

I too, have a journal from that time period.After seeing how journeyfromramthaland re-examined his writing BEFORE his brainwashing and comparing to AFTER his brainwashing, I thought I would do the same. Utterly AMAZING how much I thought everything was my fault, that I created it, blah blah blah.

I hope people keep posting because so many RSE members read this, under the guise of "omg! look at those EMF'rs trying to take down our school!" But maybe just ONE story, ONE sentence will fill in that teeny crack of what they call "doubt" there, which is, according to psychologists, really, critical thinking gone awry.

Hopefully this gives the courage for more people to come out of the woodwork and post.

Thank you again for your bravery to post. And more thanks to your friend who was caring enough to show you EMF.
Then Greg can no longer say "it is a handful of disgruntled students" to defend his precious RSE.
California Dreamin'

Unread post by California Dreamin' »

Tree -

As you may have guessed, I'm new to this website. I stumbled upon it when my friend told me that James Flick was in a major poker tournament last year (?), and having been acquainted with James, I Googled his name to read about his poker status. His name on Google brought me to this website. Funny, huh?

Anyway, I was most definitely one of those students that defended my precious RSE to everyone who challenged my experience and put down Ramtha. I would say my piece in defense of the teachings, and pretend to listen politely to opposing viewpoints. My mind could not be changed or challenged. I remained steadfast in my viewpoint until a month or so ago. Then, for reasons unbeknownst to me, doubt began to seep into my consciousness very slowly, and when I opened my mind to look at and consider my doubt I found this website. Coincidence? I think not.
tree

Unread post by tree »

Well, let me say, I have played poker with James
Flick. His game is a solid game, but NOTHING to attribute to the teachings.
I think what this website needs is one of those, I don't know what you call them, but
every time "Ramtha" gets Googled, any word associated in the EMF posts gets tracked, and
then some, unkowing person like us, can find EMF more easily.
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

Tree said, "I think what this website needs is one of those, I don't know what you call them, but
every time "Ramtha" gets Googled, any word associated in the EMF posts gets tracked, and "

Those are called metatags, and we do have them.

I googled "ramtha cult" and EMF is at the end of page 2.

I googled "ramtha fraud" and EMF is at the bottom of the first page.

We come up in similar territory as RSE. I think that's pretty good considering we're less than two years old and RSE is very old.

Return to “Your RSE Experience & What Red Flags Woke You Up Toward Leaving?”