The "Box Seats"

The stories of people who have been in RSE, and the red flags that caused them to step back, ponder it all, and realize it's time to leave, are varied and diverse. Post your story here to help others.
Wakeup-Call

The "Box Seats"

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

I wanted to share this because it was a big contributor to my wakeup-call even though the reasons may surprise people.

The whole announcement of paying a premium for a designated section of artificial-turf seat close to the stage....

What struck me was really how stupid and stubborn JZ and her monkeys are regarding the "genius" ideas they come up with.

If they really wanted to maximize income, it's so obvious that they should follow the sports/theater/concert model. That is, charge the premium by the event. Tack the extra $1000 to the front seats for EVERY event. JZ would also have the advantage of appearing to be more fair to the students. If you want to sit up close, here's what it costs you, so be sure to sign up early. Amazingly, I know this idea was proposed by a student very politely and told "thanks, but we've got it covered." Ok, then. You're smarter than everyone else who's out to make a buck. Ok, genius minds.

And to sit and listen to Steve Klein trying to make astroturf sound like a luxury box seat.... it was just all so incredibly STUPID.

I had a minor laugh rebellion going on in our corner of the arena...I said, "what they ought to have is a pass to cut to the front of the line in the women's restroom...or better yet, my own private stall. Yep, I'd pay $1000 a year for my own personal throne!"

An interesting historical note, is that when the symphony house in Chicago was first built in the 1800's, the designers/philanthropists purposely did NOT include box seats in order not to contribute to the severe social class tensions at the time. Yet, here is RSE, the society of the future, introducing a visible sign of social class/caste. So very evolved.

At any rate, once I started noticing that these have to be some of the absolute worst business minds I've ever encountered, it got me back to the EMF forum here to read more perspectives.

A point of clarity... I don't think the focus of a spiritual growth community should be money. It is however necessary in today's culture. But sheesh, if they're going to get money-focused, at least show some savvy and genius about it.
tree

Unread post by tree »

A point of clarity... I don't think the focus of a spiritual growth community should be money. It is however necessary in today's culture. But sheesh, if they're going to get money-focused, at least show some savvy and genius about it.

bwah HAHAHAH!!! :lol: :shock:
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

The good news is about the "box seats" is that it did contribute to students leaving RSE.

Along a similar line, is a person from Europe with whom I chatted for a while. This person chose to be anonymous, but has shared with me, several emails (one directly from JZ), that details a major sales pitch that the RSE accountant, and Herself, campaigned for. All that to elicit funds because "Ramtha said the school is going in this direction...", with nothing substantive. Just buy her stock, for a business that while it would retain stockholders (line her pockets more), guess who would remain in control at the helm ? Yep. I KNOW you guessed it.
journeythroughramthaland

Savvy or not?

Unread post by journeythroughramthaland »

Wake up,
I understand what you are saying however, I would tend to disagree. My feeling is that J.Z. is extremely savvy as well as well educated on techniques that are well documented to form compliance as well as inject perception in others; in particular for her own benefit.

I have noted somewhere else on the site (I don't know where so I am mentioning it again here). In Stanley Milgram's famous study of authoritarian behavior and compliance, He describes one of the things learned in his book "Obedience to Authority" that one of the unexpected discoveries was that the closer one is to the authority figure, there was a proportional correlation to the amount of compliance they gave over to the authority figure.

To me , given that fact, it makes perfect sense for JZ to want those who have access to the most disposable income sitting in the front. That way she gets way more bang for the buck!!! :twisted:
"I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education."
-William Mizner
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

That is a very interesting point, Journey. Thank you. That sheds more light on the topic for me and JZ's decision makes more sense, now.

Of course - the first need is for blind obedience, but of the moneyed more so than of the poor.

I imagine it gets harder and harder for people to listen to their voice of critical thinking once they've spent inordinate portions of their life savings on rural property, UGs, days to come supplies, home-based businesses, required events, special events, RVs and now box seats.

I can see that the box seats make it easier for JZR to identify the people with disposable income and a willingness to drop it on something ridiculous just because Ramtha said so. Those would be the folks to try and tap for buying shares of RSE stock - the BIG CON.

Wow....creepy....

Hold on to your wallets, people. That's all I can say.

Return to “Your RSE Experience & What Red Flags Woke You Up Toward Leaving?”