red flags?

The stories of people who have been in RSE, and the red flags that caused them to step back, ponder it all, and realize it's time to leave, are varied and diverse. Post your story here to help others.
sara

red flags?

Unread post by sara »

My first "red flag" was the requirement to attend so many events per year to stay current. I thought then that this would make sure that the students were "up to speed". At the same time, it also sounded like a good way to make money! I never actually did the sums. If I had really wanted to go to Yelm, to go further into RSE and stay current, I could have taken the time, found the money and done it. It just seemed too much - Yelm was a long way from the UK, and I just let it go as unrealistic. By then, I had heard things that made me think that I wasn't going to find what I imagined I would find in Yelm. I wanted to go to see "the Ram", having been told by my friend, "Ramtha isn't always in Europe, but he's always in Yelm. However, I was starting to hear things in the teachings that did not sound like the teaching I had loved in the beginning. I no longer heard the loving energy I had heard, that said, "Behold God"... "Do not worship me; it is I who should worship you"... I heard what sounded like the personal bias of a being who had been on Earth and therefore still had some personal prejudice or filters. I excused it as "this is a warrior's perspective", but it made me see "Ramtha" as less of a God. I also saw a video, I think some time after the retreat in Italy, in which JZR was making some really obscene sounds and gestures. It was disgusting and I didn't want to watch. At the same time, I was still hearing other teaching which was mind-blowing. At that time, I was watching DVDs with my friend's sister. I remember one in which JZR talked about our creating drama to fill our lives and minds which we had not filled with anything meaningful. We just looked at one another; it was so powerful and rang true. But then she went to Yelm, I think that autumn, to the event I would have attended, and came back saying that the Ram seemed tired and weak. She said, "I wasn't impressed - not that I went there to be impressed." At that time, I thought that maybe what I had thought I would experience at Yelm just wasn't there any more, and that I didn't need to go, but just stay with the teachings that had meant something to me, and my own connection with the "Ramtha" that I had experienced. Later, I saw a video clip on the internet in which JZR was basically saying to students, "Come; you must come." JZK looked very tired and kind of forlorn and almost sulky, and I just thought, "Business must be down - the students aren't coming!" But there was nothing in the clip that made me want to go - the old energy wasn't there. Later again, I saw a video clip in which JZR was saying to students in Europe that "he" would come to Europe - if I remember correctly - saying that if they didn't come to him, he would go to them, and I thought that business must really be down! Then just this month I read about the new home study course that would allow people to become current without attending an event, and wondered whether students just weren't willing to do the events required to stay current, and this was a desperate attempt to get numbers up again? I don't know how RSE is doing. More red flags another time. I've listened to recent videoclips and just found them boring - convoluted, saying nothing at all - the one about "mining" is one of the worst I've heard. But I can still hear a few words from another one and be touched and moved by it - is it just the music they put to it?? Why does it still touch me so much when I can see much of it must be faked???
sara

red flags?

Unread post by sara »

I forgot to say, that somehow I missed the follow-up in 2003, I don't know quite how, so would have had to start again and do a beginners' retreat to get current, and that seemed another obstacle too many to get current - I guess I just didn't want it enough, or thought I didn't have to keep going to events to learn from the teachings - I know, I wouldn't have learned all the disciplines, but they didn't seem that important - I would have loved to do them, but they seemed unnecessary, something I could let go of. It seemed as though I would be doing them just for the experience and exhilaration of doing them, not because they were essential. Eg. I could already see remotely when necessary; it just hardly ever was - as the woman who taught me healing said, "That isn't doing your job; that's just being psychic!" I guess I was "saved" by my way of working as a healer, in which it isn't important to see what's going on, and it's not at all about focusing in a dynamic way; more about letting go on deeper and deeper levels, "doing" less and less, and achieving more and more. At the same time, I did have a feeling of letting go of something, not going for something - I just had to let it go.
tree

Unread post by tree »

I would have loved to do them, but they seemed unnecessary,

honestly,
I think
most students feel this way
at some point.
Most, sadly, go along with the program.

thank god you woke up.
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

Your friend actually told you "Ramtha is always in Yelm?" There have been many events where jzrk aka "Ramtha" simply didn't show up. At all.
(Must be your friends "creating their day!" - living the sad fantasy. :wink: :wink: :wink:
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
sara

red flags weren't red flags!

Unread post by sara »

I think this is the best thread to post this in - none of the red flags I can see now were red flags at the time! They were just things I saw and thought, that made me decide that going further into RSE wasn't for me. None of them were exactly red flags! I never had the thought that RSE was an abusive, destructive organisation, never had the word "cult" in my mind, just let it go but would have been happy, in theory, for others to be into it - if I'd ever had that thought. It's sobering now to think how little I questioned - took what worked for me and adapted it, forgot about the things that didn't ring true - just didn't think!

A year or two ago, I gave my Dad the "What the bleep..." DVD and book; I thought he might be interested as he is a scientist. He's also a Catholic priest and has never accepted very much of the spiritual things I've been into. Well, he read the book and said that it was pseudo science - and would you believe, I thought, "Its just isn't for him; the language is maybe too unfamiliar" and let it go. I knew that I didn't know anything about quantum science; my first real exposure to it was via RSE. I swallowed it all, and didn't even stop to think that my Dad, who's been a scientist all his life, just might know what he was talking about and that I should start questioning...
Kensho

Unread post by Kensho »

Then there is the issue of continued illness amongst the students. It is sad but true folks. I attended the BC in 2008 where there was quite a severe outbreak of some sort of illness. Many fell sick and some required transport to medical attention. Students were instructed to check that those in the tents beside their own were empty before leaving their encampment to ensure that others were not left inside unable to "arise".

Candle work with a focus on blue healing was implemented as a daily exercise and by the end of the event fewer people were coughing and hacking than at the height of the outbreak. I attribute that to many things...even to the discipline of quiet meditation. It was not miraculous though. Just calming the body down and allowing some much needed rest for the imune system to do its work.

The enlightened one said at the end of the event that those who fell ill did so because of doubt and fear. Maybe so, but where is the compassion in attacking someone who is already not feeling well with such a remark? What sort of love is that? Why not lend your power to their healing and demonstrate to those who fell ill how you do that? One moment the person would be ill and the next moment they would be well. That would constitute a miracle in my world. Anything else is explained in medical science using mundane terms.

DESERT ANYONE?

The source of the teachings seems to have come primarily from the books written by Vera Stanley Alder and it is she who holds the copyright to them. She penned most of her work around the years betweeen the depression and world war two. In them she describes the blue webs, seven bodies, seven vibrations (frequencies) and even the correlation between the endocrine glands and the chakras. Moreover she does so using language that has been parroted by the enlightened one. Phrases like "That which is termed/called", are used by the author in her books.

I read these books back in the 80s so the teachings at RSE were not new to me. Even so, I still got hooked into the RSE. Flags ignored do still fly even if you choose not to see them.

The seven levels of enlightenment can also be found in Buddhist and Hindu teachings, so unless the enlightened one can provide on what he based the concept of seven levels, I would have to assume that they were plagerized. I did mention the similarity between Buddhist teachings and some of what was given at RSE during an event in my first year there but caught quite a Chicago burn from one of the appointed teachers who overheard me.

Why are Vera Stanley Alder books not for sale at the school's book store? Most of them are still in print and available on Amazon...I checked before writing this. Even if one were to buy the whole set, it would still be cheaper than one event or the home study course.

Its been great getting this out of my system. Ah yes the brain is booting up rather nicely. Wouldn't it be great if we could Reset our brains to a previous date? Oh but that would be going into the past wouldn't it? Ah well...a defrag will have to do.
tree

Unread post by tree »

Wouldn't it be great if we could Reset our brains to a previous date? Oh but that would be going into the past wouldn't it? Ah well...a defrag will have to do.

:lol: :lol:
and as far as a re-set, you mentioned in your very first post that you will take the few things you learned about
yourself with you, so for that, a de-frag will do :wink:

Return to “Your RSE Experience & What Red Flags Woke You Up Toward Leaving?”