the mindworm

How is life after RSE? What negative effects are you dealing with? How has it affected loved ones? What has helped you towards healing and moving on? Share with others here.
RoyGBiv

the mindworm

Unread post by RoyGBiv »

Early this morning I was out on my porch in the dark and I saw a blue orb. Whoa! Then I saw a white one flash in and out. Whoa!

Then I realized my wife had blue christmas LEDs around the edge of the porch, and because I was spacing out and looking down, it created a persistent retinal image when I looked up. I was able to replicate it.
I watched the area where the white one appeared and observed for awhile, and the white orb was headlights winking in and out through the trees about a mile away.

Last month this would have caused an anxiety attack, but today I just said "sheesh" out lound and went looking for my coffee cup.

But enough about me, how about you? How's the mindworm sneaking in on you unawares?
WofthesunEofthemoon

Re: the mindworm

Unread post by WofthesunEofthemoon »

When I left the cultish organisation I had been caught up in, over 30 years ago, Roy, the 'mindworm' was like a many headed hydra. No matter how many heads you cut off, more would grow in their place! :)

Not cool.

But, eventually, they all faded away, I am glad to say.

Be well, and keep up the fantastic work. It's a long old haul, but it's well worth it!!

W.E.
RoyGBiv

Unread post by RoyGBiv »

yes, frustrating Wof!
but the worm is losing badly, I can feel it. Like a snake shedding a skin.
If I apply the same focus and determination to recovery that I did to that hokey "school", I think rapid progress can occur.
WofthesunEofthemoon

Well said, Roy. Mindworm, anyone? A couple may be going begging! :lol:
RoyGBiv

Unread post by RoyGBiv »

mindworm of the day:
I woke up and my DirecTV was out. no satellite signal. My wife asked why, I said "maybe a solar flare?" and checked NOAA site.
No solar flare. And my computer works. Duh.
Vanilla

Unread post by Vanilla »

A couple ramsters lost their minds, you might read about it in the police blotter this month. People are feeling it.

There is tension in the air.

Supernatural gene is in all of our blood.

Sometimes I think if I have bad luck it is because I left the school. Its still there.

The brain itself is a mystery and maybe is supernatural. But definitely not the Ramtha school.

FUNNY THING, as I was a student and we had to do the discipline where we laid down blindfolded, until we slept and then while we were sleeping we were supposed to focus on our symbol we did, whats that called? and then wake ourselves up and bring that symbol into this dimension from sleepworld? I know this makes no sense, anyways, I did this, as I was a full on RSE student, and when I awoke the realization hit me, that the first thing I saw was the giant poster of JZ with her ears sewn on all the way over her cheeks, you know the one, of her side face? I saw that and it hit me, that all this was a fraud. All this was not enlightnement. Enlightenment lay within me. Not in a school. Call that mindworm.

As a child I was terrified of ghosts and my maids and housekeepers used to tell me stories that they saw my dead grandmother walking around. I prayed with rosaries and prayed to Mother Virgin. Prayed to god in church for years. I don't know what it is but something inside of us craves the unseen the unheard the unreal world, which is why people like RSE take money for it and feed it, so they can make a profit.

Its a weakness people seem to have. And the opportunity for money is there. If I was a little girl and someone said I can talk to your dead grandmother, just give me 100 dollars. I would have stolen it from my parents, I would have wanted to believe this so bad. That there are unseen things around me.

But as Ayn Rand says, There is no way to prove a “super-existence” by inference from existence; supernaturalism can be accepted only on faith.
and what she say about faith? “to rest one's case on faith means to concede that reason is on the side of one's enemies- that one has no rational arguments to offer.”
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

That's a very lucid and excellent post, Vanilla. Thank you. I love your quote from Ayn Rand's essay in Capitalism: the Unknown Ideal. I think you give JZ Knight some good competition for title of being well read.

I think I remember one of my ramster friends telling me that Atlas Shrugged was on RSE's list of recommended texts. It is a bit surprising if the book is recommended because, to me, it makes a case against RSE's hocus-pocus.

I think we're all wired in our brain organization to try to make order out of chaos and to reduce life to understandable facts and repeatable scenarios. This is the stuff of making human kind one of the most prolific and adaptable mammalian species on Earth. Sometimes I think our brain wiring gets in the way in matters of spiritual understanding. Our brains are wired to be sure there is a way to reduce everything to a neatly packaged fact. As Vanilla so well pointed out, this drive for understanding is a very fundamental drive, and that opens the door for the ilk of RSE to exploit people with false promise of a packaged finite explanation and justification of why we are here and why we are who we are.

I apologize for going off the topic of mind worm, but Vanilla's post really resonated with how I feel about RSE.
Phoenix

Unread post by Phoenix »

As I read, I keep looking for the "Like" button . LOL
WofthesunEofthemoon

"Sometimes I think our brain wiring gets in the way in matters of spiritual understanding."

Unfortunately, Ockham, RSE uses a very similar argument to this in order to persuade people to abandon their critical thinking.
tree

Unread post by tree »

I hate those mindworms. Any of them.

I do love Ayn Rand's logical, methodical approach to things, although
I understand there is a fanatical cult of Ayn Rand extremists.

People can make cults out of anything: Yoga, theater, psychotherapy, etc
it's really amazing and crazy all at the same time :shock:
RoyGBiv

Unread post by RoyGBiv »

The other night I was in a fog, barely asleep, and became aware of a rectangular glowing hole in the middle of my ceiling. Amazing! then it winked out. A couple seconds later it happened again, as bright as could be, and my foggy brain finally said, "wait a minute". Maybe that's not a dimensional portal... :-?

Turns out my wife's walkman was lying face up on the bed and flashing the time every 30 seconds.
tree

Unread post by tree »

RoyGBiv wrote:The other night I was in a fog, barely asleep, and became aware of a rectangular glowing hole in the middle of my ceiling. Amazing! then it winked out. A couple seconds later it happened again, as bright as could be, and my foggy brain finally said, "wait a minute". Maybe that's not a dimensional portal... :-?

Turns out my wife's walkman was lying face up on the bed and flashing the time every 30 seconds.

good one! I will have to remember this ;-)
Robair

Unread post by Robair »

Hello everyone

Now this is funny

Robair
I Value Things Not For What They Worth But For What They Represent

Return to “Leaving RSE: The Aftermath”