"No ordinary love"

How is life after RSE? What negative effects are you dealing with? How has it affected loved ones? What has helped you towards healing and moving on? Share with others here.
sara

"No ordinary love"

Unread post by sara »

I was re-reading one of your posts last night, Whatcha, about your Xmas present to yourself of a Christmas with Ramtha, your disappointment and disgust, and your tears all the way home; and it reminded me - I'm not assuming this was your experience, it just reminded me - that I'd been listening to a song a few days earlier, driving home from the Lakes - Sade's "No ordinary love". I hadn't heard it for years, and having been on this site for a few weeks, I heard it in a whole new way - and thought that it could just as well apply to the ending of a relationship with a teacher whom you perceived as good, or a God, even an imaginary one, as to the ending of one with a lover.

I guess these lyrics might push some buttons - the phrase "no ordinary love" might just be too reminiscent of the RSE emphasis on being superior - I don't intend it in that way. I just wanted to share a song that's hauntingly sad and touched me. Here it is:

Sade, No Ordinary Love

I gave you all the love I got
I gave you more than I could give
I gave you love
I gave you all that I have inside
And you took my love
You took my love

Didn't I tell you
What I believe?
Did somebody say that
A love like that won't last?
Didn't I give you
All that I've got to give?

I gave you all the love I got
I gave you more than I could give
I gave you love
I gave you all that I have inside
And you took my love
You took my love

I keep crying
I keep trying for you
There's nothing like
you and I baby

This is no ordinary love
No ordinary Love
This is no ordinary love
No ordinary Love
sara

Unread post by sara »

I meant, "a teacher whom one perceived as good", not "you" personally, Whatcha!

Sara
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

Hi Sara,

Yes, I have compared the "loss", when leaving RSE, to that of the grief involved in losing a loved one; a death of sorts. That loss encompasses the belief, the feeling of trust in someone that you fairly respect to hold your spiritual heart safely in their Ascended God-wise hands (not to be abused). The loss involved in realizing one has been the victim of a powermonger, greedy for money before integrity, honesty and nobility. A sociopath.

A narcissitic sociopath: guru = spiritual leader = fill in that similar blank/noun

Yet, I feel certain that there is an existence of an Unseen side of life. I feel certain that I am not alone, but among loved ones in and outside of a physical body. I don't "need" to feel that, though there is inherently comfort derived in it. I simply experience it so profoundly in my life that I can't deny it.

I recently attended a meeting having to do with none of this sort of thing (cults, spiritual matters). The meeting just happened to be facilitated by a group of fundamental christians that offered a topic of great interest to me. If they knew where I was coming from on that subject, it would have been interesting to see their reaction, I suppose. ...giggle...

As people stood around in small circles, socializing, I overheard exchanges between a few families where they were discussing childrearing. They had prayed to God about some issues they wanted guidance with, asking him to speak to their hearts. They continued on with their stories, which had "happy endings", as they believed they received the loving guidance of God in their lives. I just smiled.

I DO believe in God. I can't prove it. Hubby and I were recently talking about this...VERY recently. I was telling him about how certain things in our lives just fall into place in a "charmed" manner. Nobody can just be that "lucky".

I think that the message of love and hope that was with RSE in the early days has been long lost. People give far more credence to the businesswoman, than the messenger. Rather, the message. At its very core, it's really (in MY opinion) not much different than other religious/spiritual viewpoints/beliefs/faiths...about the love of God.

If only we ALL LIVED IT, all of the time.

My grieving would be for the hope of what seemed to be lost. However, I've come to realize that I didn't "lose" it at all. Going "home to Kansas" ? I was always already there ! We all are. We do not need RSE. We need to LIVE our lives and do so to the very best of our ability in a virtuous sense of the understanding. If there is a genuine God (whatever "it" is), the LINE is a direct one. No humans need apply to direct that for me.

My two Whatcha cents ! LOL
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

I just logged in to post a link, not sure if this would resonate with anyone...and found Sara and Watcha's comments which match right up...

This song came across my path recently - fortunately not one corrupted by RSE for me -

A version by k.d. Lang of Leonard Cohen's "Hallejuah" - poignant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_NpxTWbovE

RSE the Aftermath ... for anyone still in the honeymoon phase who is reading the posts here and trying to understand where we ex-students are coming from...the feeling is all here in KD's rendition...
RSE "is not a victory march, it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah"

Listening to this has been very purifying for me and took me to a place to feel where I am on my journey out in that space beyond words.
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

From the lyrics: "And even though
It all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah"

Yeah, yeah !!! You're sure right; it fits.

Return to “Leaving RSE: The Aftermath”