piece by piece

How is life after RSE? What negative effects are you dealing with? How has it affected loved ones? What has helped you towards healing and moving on? Share with others here.
cerulean

piece by piece

Unread post by cerulean »

I just want to let you all know that this website has succeeded in saving another person (perhaps 3) from taking the plunge into Ramster-hood.

We have had What the Bleep in our collection for over a year now, and just a couple months ago I decided to get a Ramtha DVD out of curiosity. My husband and I were very impressed, and have been buying books, audios, etc since. We have been seriously considering attending the school or at least trying the home-study course. At first I was trying to ignore all of the skepticism and such towards Ramtha, and excuse it away in any way I could because I wanted to believe what Ramtha was saying. So much if it *felt* so true. Ramtha's philosophies seemed to be bringing together a lot I have learned over the years into some kind of cohesive whole, and I thought maybe my spiritual search had paid off and I finally found *the answers*. I have been reading and skimming through these forums for a few days now, and slowly my doubts about Ramtha have been increasing, and yesterday I read the transcript to the Glen Cunningham interviews and that was it, my bubble had burst. I was hoping that maybe there was a "real Ramtha" in the very beginning (early 80's?), but even that seems more than doubtful now.

I had found a link to www.askrealjesus.com on these forums and have been reading a lot of that material as well. Like Ramtha's material, a lot of it seemed to be resonating deep within me as truth, but now I am doubting all of that as well. How can we ever know if one of these "channeled" beings are who they say they are, and are telling the truth? I have been feeling so lost since yesterday. I desperately want the answers to big spiritual questions - who/what am I? why am I here? where did I come from, where am I going? - and it seems more apparent to me than ever now that there are many people out there giving answers to these questions with lies and fiction, and that deeply disturbs me. How are we ever to find the truth in such a mess? I would never dream of deceiving people in such a profound way, and I know there are others like me who are honest and just simply want to know the answers and find a resolution to this confused/empty/alone feeling inside of themselves. It is a shame that that is so easily taken advantage of.

I had only been getting wrapped up in this stuff for a couple of months now, and am having great trouble dealing with the let down and damage to my confidence due to being so deceived - my hat's off to those of you who gave years of your life to Ramtha before realizing the truth. I congratulate you for being brave enough and true enough to yourselves to be able to back out at that point - it sounds as though there are many long time students who know Ramtha is not who he claims to be and are afraid to face it. I know it would be difficult. I wish them all the best.

I don't know why JZ Knight would do this - I can't imagine what would drive someone to do it (is she a sociopath? schizophrenic? posessed by demons? just greedy? did she just dig a hole that seems too deep to get out of?) - whatever the case, I hope for her to come to her senses and rise above it all as well.

I am not giving up on my spiritual journey. I am still devoted to finding answers to these questions deep within me. My confidence has been shaken, but I'm sure it is only temporary. I know there is one thing I have learned - to put deeper discernment into what I am choosing to believe and for what reasons - am I believing because I want it to be true? am I taking it purely on faith? or does it truly resonate with my intuition? I don't know how to discern, at this point, what of Ramtha's teachings were truth and what of it was fiction, what to take with me and what to leave behind, but hopefully that will become clear with time. From now on I am going to do my best to not believe anything *just* because I have faith in the teacher.

I thought this to be a good quote - "Deluded or not, we must move ahead following the highest that we know. If we do this with a pure heart, our strength will be as the strength of ten and the fog of our illusions will be lifted; moreover, we will see reality as it is?piece by piece." - JJ Dewey

May humanity as a whole someday know who they are.

All the best,
Cerulean
ex

Unread post by ex »

[I don't know why JZ Knight would do this - I can't imagine what would drive someone to do it (is she a sociopath? schizophrenic? posessed by demons? just greedy? did she just dig a hole that seems too deep to get out of?) - whatever the case, I hope for her to come to her senses and rise above it all as well.
[quote]in my opinion all the above.thanks for your refreshing post[/quote]
tree

Unread post by tree »

welcome cerulean.
And yes, refreshing post.
Nice to see some people do their homework before continuing on with RSE.
and it is very refreshing to know more and more people are finding their way to EMF.
I desperately want the answers to big spiritual questions - who/what am I? why am I here? where did I come from, where am I going?
I know these questions are repeated over and over in the teachings as being "truely spiritual questions."
Not mediocre, according to Rambles.
I would invite you to give yourself a bit of time
And then re define what you what answered and why.
I found by listening to Thich Nhat Han's stuff. His material can be applied across all faiths and religions
And rings of true compassion.
Not to mention the fact that he was a Nobel Peace prize winner. It has been the most sane, safe thing for
me to even consider coming out of RSE after 19 years.

http://www.explorefaith.org/tnh/tnh_am.html

at any rate, welcome to the forum.
and thank you for sharing your experience.

there are a ton of good posts in the old forum as well.
http://pub43.bravenet.com/forum/show.ph ... 3633497066

very nice quote. refreshing for me today.
journeythroughramthaland

Unread post by journeythroughramthaland »

Like Ramtha's material, a lot of it seemed to be resonating deep within me as truth
Cerulean,

Unfortunately, the fact that something "resonates" with us does not make it "the truth" this is a difficult concept to understand since when one feels something viscerally it is often difficult to deny, however, there are many ways in which that feeling can be orchestrated and reproduced for someone else's agenda so often it can be beneficial to examine that aspect and use that as one of your tools of discernment!

Good luck!
"I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education."
-William Mizner

Return to “Leaving RSE: The Aftermath”