Talking about your experience

How is life after RSE? What negative effects are you dealing with? How has it affected loved ones? What has helped you towards healing and moving on? Share with others here.
littlewiseone

Talking about your experience

Unread post by littlewiseone »

I was wondering how everyone else deals with talking to others (no-rse related) about their experience at rse? I have found that when I make new friends, most of the time I do not immediately divulge this aspect of my past until I feel very comfortable and sure they really are true friends. Only on one occasion have I told someone right off the bat that I was in a cult. Fortunately, she turned out to be a great friend and I was right to trust my instincts by confiding in her.

That's another thing? Do you say 'I was in a cult' ? I usually do. Then of course people ask for more information and I tend to ask if they've seen 'What the bleep'. I'm actually heartened by how many people have not seen it! But then disappointed by those who have, who have no idea that it's based primarily on doctrines coming from a channeled entity and not 'scientific evidence'.

It's certainly been a different experience making friends outside of rse. Often there is not that 'instant bond'. But I'm ok with that. I've come to realize that this is much more realistic and 'normal'. It means true friendship has a chance to grow and develop. So it takes more time. So what? At least I can feel more confident in the strength of the relationships and don't have to worry that if we have differing viewpoints or beliefs (which very often we do) it might jeopardize the friendship.
...and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...

- The Beatles
Caterpillar

Non-RSE friends

Unread post by Caterpillar »

Littlewiseone

I have not spoken much about RSE with my old friends and certainly not to new friends. Most of the few friends that I?ve chosen to talk about my cult experience, have been insensitive and have made similar comments as ?Leemar? to Voidgate/EMF. I haven?t even told them the full story yet.

I joined RSE for its ?quantum physics? contents and I believed it was a ?school?. None of my friends are into the New Age scene and I was not a typical New Ager. I?ve only informed them about the quantum physics teachings which were fascinating but not necessarily factual. They were aware that I regularly flew over to attend the ?courses?. In my fear of being ridiculed, I did not mention any of the controversies ie channeling of a 35,000 year old entity, numerous scams, court cases, false predictions, conspiracy theories, days to come, wine ceremonies, pipe smoking, use of Prozac, Star Stuff, Coral Calcium etc. In hindsight, these should have been my ?red flags? as I had purposely omitted them from conversations with my friends and my parents. I almost feel like I?ve led a double life in my 9 years at RSE.

Since my exit, I?ve found three friends that I can confide in about the challenges of leaving a cult. The rest of my friends that were informed do not have any insight into the devastating cult experience, and expect me to move on as soon as possible (like tomorrow). These are non-RSE friends, and they think writing on EMF is a waste of time and perceive it as talking about the past. I tried to explain that it is part of the process of deprogramming and moving on but they still do not comprehend. Hence, I have learnt to avoid the ?cult? topic altogether. As far as new friends are concerned, I would not dare to bring up the subject unless they have been in a cult before.
Leemar

Unread post by Leemar »

RSE has absolutely nothing to do with Quantum Physics. Zip, zilch, zero. If you think you are studying physics at RSE, well, I feel sorry for you. Pathetic.
Caterpillar

Unread post by Caterpillar »

Hello Leemar

You are absolutely right. I was so deluded into thinking that I was studying 'quantum physics' at the school of 'enlightenment'. Magic fairy dust for sale, too.

I was only studying JZ's 'copied crap' and her paranoia.

You don't have to feel sorry for me. Not that you are, anyway...

Yes, it was pathetic and I was an idiot to join RSE.
littlewiseone

Unread post by littlewiseone »

So true. The quantum physics promoted at rse can only be called pseudoscience, nothing more. Funny story though, just this past weekend I was spending some time with friends and someone asked if anyone knew what a dendrite was. First of all, I have not thought of a dendrite in years, but I was the only one of about 8 people who could explain what it was. And I didn't even graduate high school (did get my GED though... ;-)). It was one of those situations where I did not blurt out 'yeah, I used to be in this cult and we learned all kinds of crazy stuff'. I just enjoyed that I was looking pretty smart there for a few moments. 8)
...and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...

- The Beatles

Return to “Leaving RSE: The Aftermath”