Life situations after RSE

How is life after RSE? What negative effects are you dealing with? How has it affected loved ones? What has helped you towards healing and moving on? Share with others here.
voidgate

Unread post by voidgate »

Prior to RSE my life had many things in it that made me happy. My life subsequent to RSE has become a life not worth living as I have been turned into a servant for a family member who has quite unlike opinions and I do not want to live their life. RSE has instigated it by influencing me to make choices in life assuming that what they offered in philosophy was truthful.

Plain as day observation shows that most people do not agree with my viewpoint that my life should be lived according to my own preferences. Most people like to indicate I should adapt to their viewpoint and lay the blame on myself.

Furthermore a lot of people who have a catastrophic lifestyle and remember they had a life prior to RSE involvement do not agree with me either. It makes for a very lonely lifestyle.
Compassion

live life

Unread post by Compassion »

voidgate wrote:Prior to RSE my life had many things in it that made me happy. My life subsequent to RSE has become a life not worth living as I have been turned into a servant for a family member who has quite unlike opinions and I do not want to live their life. RSE has instigated it by influencing me to make choices in life assuming that what they offered in philosophy was truthful.

Plain as day observation shows that most people do not agree with my viewpoint that my life should be lived according to my own preferences. Most people like to indicate I should adapt to their viewpoint and lay the blame on myself.

Voidgate - If I am reading you correctly, how you live your life is your choice. However, with it comes taking responsibility for those choices. Some choices turn out good, some choices turn out not so good. If we have love inside for our Self, then how can we not make choices that project love to others. I believe it is called self-worth/self-esteem. It is simply...Love Is The Answer - Love Is The Only Answer. If you spread the love that you have inside out, there is no time to be lonely. Behind all action is thought.
Today is a Good Day!
Compassion

Furthermore a lot of people who have a catastrophic lifestyle and remember they had a life prior to RSE involvement do not agree with me either. It makes for a very lonely lifestyle.
voidgate

Unread post by voidgate »

Compassion,
When you are living amongst people who have absolutely no interest in your personal life preferences they are likely to see it is a useless relationship. For your information it would mean that I enjoy the company of people who like rugby league football and announce that I have squandered my money on attending a spiritual course in the USA that has proven to be a fraud. Furthermore I would have to say I enjoy snow skiing and cannot tolerate rugby league at all and it sums up my RSE experience. To tolerate such fools is totally opposed to what I was taught and furthermore no one in their right mind would want to keep such company when they have totally different interests.
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

Voidgate posts: "announce that I have squandered my money on attending a spiritual course in the USA that has proven to be a fraud."

I'm so sorry you are experiencing this. It's difficult enough to have gone through RSE and fortunately, you found your way out of that "world." Have you explained to those doing this how hurtful it is to you? YOU had the wisdom to leave RSE, unlike many others still trapped. Hold your head up and be proud of what you've accomplished in this vein, Voidgate. It was very courageous of you! :D
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
Sad Grandfather
Location: Joe Reeves, Carthage, Mississippi http://joesue.com/

Unread post by Sad Grandfather »

I cannot speak as a former ramster, and I guess I have always been a "loner" but I have found that "friends" who belittle you are not friends, and I will tell them to buzz off. I don't have many close friends, but the ones I do have know that like Popeye, the sailor, "I yam what I yam, and that's all I yam." My friends know they accept me as I am or they can go their own way. For me, it works both ways. I have never had a "perfect" friend, but I offer the same respect I demand. Though you may have traits that irritate me, I will weigh the good and the bad and decide whether we are meant to be friends. I don't expect my friends to "adapt" to being my friend, any more than I will adapt to them.

Of course, everyone is different, but that's my take.
Down with Judith Hampton Knight!

Return to “Leaving RSE: The Aftermath”