Scientists are predicting low solar activity

Many experiences have happened during these techniques, known as disciplines, at RSE. People have been hurt physically, emotionally, and otherwise. Post your experiences.
Ockham

Scientists are predicting low solar activity

Unread post by Ockham »

The New Mexico State Unviersity hosted a meeting of the Solar Physics Division of the American Astronomical Society the week of June 12-16, 2011 in Las Cruces.

Three studies suggest that the Sun is in an exceptionally quiescent period, perhaps the calmest period for the sun in over 100 years. The Sun is making a gradual upturn in activity toward an expected peak in 2013 following a roughly 11 year cycle of activity. The underlying magnetic activity in the Sun is only about 3/4 of that expected, so the forthcoming peak will likely be much lower than average. The next peak of activity expected in the year 2025 may be even lower, some scientists speculate. The SPD group is careful to point out they are not predicting a mini ice age. The period of reduced solar activity will likely produce fewer sunspots and less energetic solar flares than ususal.

References:
http://www.nso.edu/press/SolarActivityDrop.html
http://astronomy.nmsu.edu/SPD2011/

Provided this information isn't a government sponsored cover-up (*), then perhaps the solar flare cataclysm predicted by, "Ramtha," is not as likely as he has recently suggested. "Ramtha," may be correct, but perhaps not for the reason he intended, in his previous teachings that harsher winters are in the offing.

--
(*) Foot note: I personally don't believe in a cover-up, but I expect ramsters might rationalize it that way.
Another Dimension60

Re: Scientists are predicting low solar activity

Unread post by Another Dimension60 »

interestingly - in today's online Washington Post:
The sun is waking up.
And on June 7, it woke up Michael Hesse. At 5:49 a.m., the solar scientist received an alert on his smartphone. NASA spacecraft had seen a burst of X-rays spinning out from a sunspot. The burst was a solar flare — and a “notably large one” at that, Hesse said later.
More on this Story
• As the sun awakens, the power grid stands vulnerable
• Book shows humans’ disconnect with natural world; 'Wormhole' tackles big issues
• Young dolphins tied to 'porpicide'
• Can you be green and have a green lawn?
The sun has been quiet for years, at the nadir of its activity cycle. But since February, our star has been spitting out flares and plasma like an angry dragon. It’s Hesse’s job to watch these eruptions.
If a big one were headed our way, Hesse needed to know, and fast, so he could alert the electric power industry to brace for a geomagnetic storm that could knock some of the North American power grid offline.
Hesse gathered his team at the Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, where he is chief of the Space Weather Laboratory, and fed the latest data from four sun-staring satellites into powerful computers.
At 7:49 Hesse got his answer. An animated chart traced the predicted path of a huge arc of plasma — hot gas — hurtling through the inner solar system. But only the tail of the plume would lick Earth, arriving June 9 and driving a dazzling display of the northern lights from Alaska through Maine.
While a video of the eruption captured by NASA’s Solar Dynamics Observatory showed an enormous plume spraying from the sun, this solar tantrum would not be the big one — it would not be the 1859 event all over again.
Sept. 1 of that year saw the largest solar flare on record, witnessed by British astronomer Richard Carrington. While tracing features of the sun’s surface, which Carrington had projected via telescope onto paper, he saw a sudden flash emerge from a dark spot. Although such sunspots had sparked curiosity for centuries — Galileo famously drew them, too, in the early 1600s — Carrington had no idea what the flash could mean.
Within hours, telegraph operators found out. Their long strands of wire acted as antennas for this huge wave of solar energy. As this tsunami sped by, transmitters heated up, and several burst into flames. Observers in Miami and Havana gaped skyward at eerie green and yellow displays, the northern lights pushed far south.
A knockout punch
Such a “Carrington event” will happen again someday, but our wired civilization will suffer losses far greater than a few telegraph shacks.
Communications satellites will be knocked offline. Financial transactions, timed and transmitted via those satellite, will fail, causing millions or billions in losses. The GPS system will go wonky. Astronauts on the space station will huddle in a shielded module, as they have done three times in the past decade due to “space weather,” the scientific term for all of the sun’s freaky activity. Flights between North America and Asia, over the North Pole, will have to be rerouted, as they were in April during a weak solar storm at a cost to the airlines of $100,000 a flight. And oil pipelines, particularly in Alaska and Canada, will suffer corrosion as they, like power lines, conduct electricity from the solar storm.
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

Hmmm, it seems the Sun is a very sneaky orb indeed. The solar flare in the Washington Post article by Brian Vastag happened on June 7, 2011, so the attendees at the SPD conference must have known about the event. They went ahead with their papers anyway. Perhaps the Sun was getting one last good event in before it goes on its 60 year nap.

I have to admit, "Ramtha's," advice on preparedness probably isn't all that bad. I am willing to believe a direct knock out punch from a solar flare certainly could scramble modern life for a while. High tech systems such as GPS navigation could be disrupted for several days, perhaps longer. The GPS satellites are pretty well hardened to survive man-made electromagnetic catastrophe as well as solar abuse, but there is always the chance there could be a jolt bigger than anybody ever anticipated. Luckily, there are at least 24 GPS satellites, and probably 1/3 to 1/2 of the satellites would be shielded from a direct hit by the Earth. The system would likely still be useable with half the satellites destroyed.

The electrical system is also vulnerable, and there have been several instances of damage. The following paper documents destruction of several high voltage power transformers in Canada in the 1970s and 1980s and other temporary black-out events elsewhere. A severe flare or solar storm could cause enough damage that large portions of the electrical transmission systems on one or more continents could be shut down for days. There is redundancy in the power distribution system of developed countries, but re-routing and shunting power around damaged facilities could take days. In August 2003 in Ohio, USA, a power line sagging from heavy load strayed close to a tree and sparked (literally) a black-out that affected many east coast states and part of Canada for several days. It seems like it could be prudent to keep enough supplies on hand to provide adequate water, food and heat for one's family for at least a few days.

Reference: http://www.leif.org/EOS/SSTA.pdf

I presume that RSE must be recommending the novel, One Second After, by William Forstchen. I've seen Ramtha students with the book. The novel describes the chaos that would happen when an electromagnetic pulse from a bomb wipes out the power grid and most things with electronic components. I agree with the writer of, "the most helpful critical review," on Amazon.com that the author probably over-states the amount of destruction and the length of time it would take to recover. "Ramtha," goes so far as to recommend buying a car with no computer or electronic ignition. If there were an event that could fry electronic car ignitions, then there would probably be a lot worse things to worry about than driving.

Reference: http://www.amazon.com/review/RAV1OOPAHR ... 1OOPAHR9NJ

Since this posting is in the Teachings section of the discussion board, I should relate my remarks to the RSE teachings. As usual, there is a hint of truth, perhaps more than a hint, in the RSE doctrine. As usual, the RSE doctrine is also way over the top, with the recommendations of digging underground shelters, having several years of food and water, having a copper roof, buying a 1960s vintage car, and on and on. Of course, reasonable level-headed recommendations for stocking a bug-out bag, having a good first aid kit and week's essential supplies isn't going to keep students coming back to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars over and over again for Gnostic truth.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Hello Ockham,

You are refering to JZ Knight's "Ramtha" personality as a "him"!
"Ramtha," is not as likely as he has recently suggested. "Ramtha," may be correct, but perhaps not for the reason he intended, in his previous teachings that harsher winters are in the offing
Is this just to differentiate JZ Knight from her “Ramtha” stage show?
ep students coming back to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars over and over again for Gnostic truth.
I would disagree that RSE is even remotely a school of Gnostic truth.
Do you think RSE is teaching Gnostic truth?
In my personal experience.......
RSE is no more than a doomsday cult under the complete control and dictatorship of a sociopath JZ Knight.
Also in my personal experience....... JZ Knight is a liar and thief that continues to destroy innocent lives for profit and self-grandisment gone mad
while protected under the banner of "freedom of religion" in US law.
Just my experience...........

What’s yours?

David.
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

Good morning,

I put, "Ramtha," inside quote marks as in indication that, "Ramtha," is imaginary. For example, I use that the same way I might say: my nephew picked up a broom, aimed it at me, and shot me with his, "gun."

Hmm, I'm not sure what pronoun I should use when I refer to, "Ramtha," as an object in a sentence. Perhaps, 'it?'

I should have put, "Gnostic truth," in quote marks too, for in this case, it is also an imaginary quantity. The drivel about copper roofs, ridiculous wood-lined unsafe bunkers, buying old cars, comets, sun spots, Yelm on underground rollers, berating of the audience by the, "Ramtha," character ad nauseum, etc. etc. are certainly not Gnostic truth (the real thing, if it even exists) and not worth paying hundreds or thousands of dollars to endure.

My point was that the disaster talk is used to keep the lectures fresh, and is a hook to keep the so-called students returning over and over to get the latest tidbit of drivel that they've been duped into thinking is real. Delivering a message of universal love (*) or a simple message of pragmatic preparedness would have gotten the RSE its students only one time each, and then the instruction is over.

The disaster talk gets a steady income stream for the RSE and RSE's operatives like Knight, Klein, Simmons, etc. know this and use this brain washing tactic for self enrichment, leaving the so-called students broke and cowering in fear. I can't think of anything much LESS enlightened (for the RSE operatives) than leading a life where they dispose of human lives as capital for to achieve their own earthly enrichment.

The object lesson here is the Sun is going to do whatever the Sun is going to do, comets will circulate, and Yellowstone is may or may not erupt. These are things over which we have no control, and to put one's life on hold because an eccentric laday has a stage charcater say scary stuff about them is to waste one's life. One will be much better off to wake up and greet each day as the best day ever, because it just mayl be the best day ever.

--
(*) not necessarily the case, but use it as an example to make the point.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Thank you for clarifying.
I now more appreciate where you are coming from...... :idea:
Hmm, I'm not sure what pronoun I should use when I refer to, "Ramtha," as an object in a sentence. Perhaps, 'it?'

How about JZR or JZRamtha......perhaps even Scamtha?
I think Robair may have a few names in mind.... :shock:

Thank you for posting on EMF Ockham

David
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....

Return to “The Teachings, The Labyrinth, The Tank, Field Work, The Audiences, C&E, The Disciplines”