Candle Focus

Many experiences have happened during these techniques, known as disciplines, at RSE. People have been hurt physically, emotionally, and otherwise. Post your experiences.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Candle Focus

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Can anyone describe the practice of the RSE candle focus and what its main purpose was?
Is it still practiced at RSE?

David
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
seriously

Re: Candle Focus

Unread post by seriously »

I did the candle focus at R$E events and at home. You probably know the process but for those who don't; you take two candles a short distance apart, maybe a foot or so, and focus/stare at them until they become one flame. This is done in the dark while sitting on your pillow. You are to be still and singularly focus on the candles.

As I recall, the point was to sharpen your focus and enter the void. Uhhhhhhhh.

When I would do this, I wouldn't blink for 30-45 minutes. I'd have tears streaming down my face. What was I thinking? No positive effects were noted. Negative effects were tight muscles in the back and burning eyes. Oh.......and just like all other R$E disciplines, it was a colossal waste of time!
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Thank you seriously :idea:

Do you recall when and how this was practiced at RSE and how many participants?
Were candles sold at RSE?

Thank you

David
seriously

I don't recall if it was a beginner's follow up or a week long event. The lights in the arena would be turned off with the exception of maybe a dim light or two back by the bathrooms. The candles were on the stage and raised. There may have been multiple sets of candles. I don't recall 100% but I was on the South end of the arena facing the stage at an angle and had a view to two candles to focus on. The other end of the stage may have had another set. I would say the focus session lasted 30-45 minutes.
seriously

Sorry. To directly answer your two questions:

The arena was full. This was back in the day when the floor was dirt. I would guess 1990. I don't know the capacity back then.

I can't say for sure if candles were sold at R$E. I never purchased any there.

Hey David. I'm thinking of you and hope you are victorious in court.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Hey David. I'm thinking of you and hope you are victorious in court.
Thank you seriously,

I got out in 1996 and have no recollection of candle focus.
Are you sure of the year?
What I am investigating is connected to Fire, Health and Safety concerns at R$E.
Hundreds.... perhaps over a thousand lit-up candles in the arena was an extreme fire risk.
I heard of a woman toppling over in exhaustion and burning herself. :shock:
This would be around 1998??
Anyone...

David
Rooster

Unread post by Rooster »

David, I do not think I can recall the year. Seriously talked of the later candle focus. The first candle focus was each and every one of us at our seats were to light a candle. They sold single hourly candles and very small candle holders in the rse tent. We lit our candles, all of us. every person in their seat. We were to focus and become the blue in the flame. Later we would put our card behind the candle and focus. It was years later they put the candles on the stage. Two and we were to focus on them.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

They sold single hourly candles and very small candle holders in the rse tent
Thank you Rooster , :idea:

I have it confirmed that all RSE participants were required to have a lit candle at their seats in the arena,
Circa RSE 1997 - 99.

If anyone experienced other fire danger situations at RSE?
Please feel welcome to post your experience here, or PM me directly.

David
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

Was pipe smoking in the arena ever encouraged? Because RSE events are not religious congregations, RSE should not have any standing for exemption to fire code prohibition of the audience having lit pipes in a theater.
Sunshine

Unread post by Sunshine »

Hi David :)

I'm with Seriouly here.. I recall doing the same kind of candle focus and the year had to have been between 89-91 as it was before my son was born. The floor was dirt. There were two candles on the stage. Although my memory says we did this for much longer than 45 minutes, I could be embellishing because I hated it so much, but I thought it was more like several hours. I know we were made to do c&e for many hour sessions 3-4 hours at a time. I was young, 17-19 years old at that time and I used to cry uncontrollably for the entire session. Yuck.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Thank you Sunshine :idea:
Yes...I remember something to do with a blue flame... we all had to draw the ‘fleur-de-lis’...
'candle focus/work' had several periods 89-91, again around 1997- with JZK selling beeswax candles..
Then it got a lot more involved with JZK-R instructing everyone to use a lit candle with a backdrop mirror, and something to hold a card....

anyone?
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

fleur de lis is the symbol of ascended master Saint Germain claimed guru of Rosicrucianism/Masonry/Theosophy/I AM/ CUT and other sects prior to Ramtha.

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/ent ... ,_Count_of
http://www.summitlighthouse.org/ascende ... ings-free/
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File: ... n-Laye.svg

Return to “The Teachings, The Labyrinth, The Tank, Field Work, The Audiences, C&E, The Disciplines”