Breathing

Many experiences have happened during these techniques, known as disciplines, at RSE. People have been hurt physically, emotionally, and otherwise. Post your experiences.
Marie

Breathing

Unread post by Marie »

I was speaking with a friend and mentioned that I thought all the heavy breathing my mother is doing, the C&E, was having affects on it, ie, making her spacey and confused, disoriented, etc...and he asked me what the difference was between hyperventilating and deep breathing, which is what I can actually HEAR my mother doing because it's so loud... I have read about the affects of hyperventilation, but some sites I have come across say that long, slow, deep breathing, which is the breathing I hear her doing, is supposed to be calming... Can someone fill me in on the C&E or RSE version of breathing? Is she doing short, quick breaths that I just don't hear?... Thanks.
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

Marie,

How do you know mom doesn't have a medical condition like congestive heart failure or something like that ? Just not clear by your post - is she DOING this breathing (on purpose) or is it an ongoing thing all of the time ? With her belief system, she'd likely shun medical care, even if she needed it.
C&E is a POWERFUL, intentional, forceful holding of the breath, and then pushing it out.
Supposedly, this creates enlightenment, manifestation, etc. However, some people have damaged their eyes from it.
Marie

Unread post by Marie »

Hey Whatcha,

I know it is the breathing associated with the disciplines, because I can actually hear the breathing -- loud loud intakes and loud loud whooshing out -- when she is in her bedroom with the door closed and I am even on another floor of the house!.... I asked her once, "what's that noise?" and she told me it was the breathings associated with the disciplines. I am inquiring about the affects of this type of breathing because she stopped working during the day -- she had a part time job -- about six months ago, and is now home all day long and from what I can tell, does nothing all day and her mental state, I feel, is worse.... She is more spacey, confused, disoriented and her moods change all the time ... I never know when she's going to be loving and sweet, or in her mind, I am the enemy and she is attacking toward me for the weirdest things, usually fabricated, in her mind.....So while I don't KNOW that she is doing the breathing all day long, I have a suspiscion that she is, and that is why her mental state is stranger.... because she's more spacey and confused because of the breathing?.... She has also become more pro-RSE in the last six months or so... My sister, unfortunately, has claimed to have grown some of her jaw bone back! and of course, my mother totally buys into this and they are all three preparing for the end..... Really, it's like living with an active alcoholic... Craziness.
Lost in Space

Unread post by Lost in Space »

Dear Marie:

That breathing sounds a lot like the type I learned in prenatal class...it was intended to control pain, and avoid the need for anesthetics during labour (potentially harmful to the baby) - maybe that is the purppose of the discipline, to avoid the need for pain medication. You have said your mother is elderly and has some health problems.

Just speculating.
Lost in Space

pain relief without meds

I struggle, myself, with chronic pain, but, pain relievers make you stoned - a state I do not enjoy.

I read a really good book: "Laughter is the Best Medicine"....vvvv helpful.

Or, if you are in the mood, you could check out the "Laughing Yogi" on YouTube...this guy in India gets whole groups together to laugh....there are several videos of whole groups of people laughing fit to burst. Hey, it worked for me. :roll:

Anyway, our parents can really set us off. Mom, a recent widow, keeps watching the same "mystery" on video, complete with throat cutting....everytime I go over there, the same guy is getting his throat cut again!!! It's enough to make you want to rend your hair and tear your clothing.

Try to have patience, Marie, maybe another less disturbing discipline will catch your mom's attention.
Whatchamacallit

The breathing thing

Oh, okay. Thanks for clarifying, Marie. Yes, it totally does sound like she's practicing her C&E breathing. In my opinion, despite JZ having trademarked the technique, there is nothing new there. Several philosophies espouse a breathing technique, and claim various things that it will do for you.

Here is an example, that is VERY old: Pranayama (Hindu)
http://www.abc-of-yoga.com/pranayama/

At RSE, they call it "doing C&E"

Consciousness and Energy...that your consciousness (thought) and following energy you whip up (breath) can be "intended" for certain things - becoming a gazillionaire, being healed, etc. As I said, JZ does not have the ORIGINALITY of this, despite appearances she seems to want others to believe Ramtha is the original thought on this breathing technique topic; s/he's not. There (here's a giggle), is even a place, I believe in Europe.......going to check it out.........here it is......called Energy & 'Consciousness !!!
http://www.energyconsciousness.com/

Here's another one: http://here-and-now.org/wwwArticles/breathe.html

And another: Zen Yoga: A Path To Enlightenment Through Breathing, Movement and Meditation
http://amapedia.amazon.com/view/Zen+Yog ... /id=786392

Now, I'm not promoting anything here, of course. Just documenting this.

Now, is this related to your mom's current/recent state of mind ? I can't say. I don't know what you can say to her, either, because we know she's unlikely to listen. Probably the ONLY thing she'd be likely to listen to you about, would be if you showed an INTEREST IN the school, so she'd think she might have a chance to convert you. I would be happy to be wrong, though I doubt that I am =-(
aussiegirl

Unread post by aussiegirl »

I seem to recollect that this C&E breathing technique was also used to generate the same effects as LSD back in the 70's (this was discussed in the old forum). ie hallucinations which give the person using the technique the false belief that something is actually changing - smoke and mirrors its all smoke and mirrors!
Whatchamacallit

aussiegirl,

Sometimes we'd "run the energy", which was just breathing ad nauseum (this could go on for HOURS, non-stop, as a discipline). Then, when one would take a pause, and the "energy" was sitting high in the head (yeah, hyperventilation can cause a giddy feeling, too), then we thought we had expanded our consciousness into the netherworld - how awesome were we !?

Oh, this is just so embarrassing to talk about...sigh.

The symptoms associated with what we felt, are also listed under parallel "conditions", with the lightheadedness, giddyness, faintness, etc., also being correlated to the effects of the breathing itself, not becoming christ consciousness by flooding the brain with superhero powers, LOL.

Here is a site that addresses anxiety and hyperventilation. Of course in that situation, it's caused by emotions, not someone purposefully causing it. Nevertheless, the effect on the brain is similar.
http://www.healthyplace.com/communities ... orders.htm

LOL....go trippin' with C&E. Could be a good marketing tactic. :shock:
tree

memory

Unread post by tree »

Marie-
C+E is just as you hear your mother.
nothing hidden more than what you can hear.
Deep breath in, a "shushing" of the breath out, with a visualization concentrated upon on the way out (whether it be health, a card, something you want, the breath of fire going to your brain, etc).

It was MY experience....prior to entering RSE, I had a very acute memory for numbers, esp phone numbers.
I had literally HUNDREDS of telephone numbers memorized.

Approximately 2 years into my time there, I could not remember a phone number if someone had just said it 5 seconds before.
I had to carry around a small notebook.
At the time, I was really bummed about this but sincerely attributed this phenomenon to "becoming enlightened".

I will tell you now, being a year out, my memory is gaining.
I can almost remember numbers as I once used to.

Repeating again, this is only my experience.
Lost in Space

Hi Tree

Yes, well, it appears that the breathing exercises release endorphins/natural opiates...sort of like the thing kids are doing where you place your yead lower than you waist, and get a rush just before you pass out.

But still, I think natural opiates are better than man made ones...just my opinion. I don't like feeling stoned, personally.

Sounds like the "C&E" breathing is, as Watchamacallit said, an imitation of an ancient Eastern technique....to induce euphoria...but I believe you when you say it hampers your memory and cognitive skills. Good to hear that you are recovering.

Return to “The Teachings, The Labyrinth, The Tank, Field Work, The Audiences, C&E, The Disciplines”