El Camino "Teaching"

Many experiences have happened during these techniques, known as disciplines, at RSE. People have been hurt physically, emotionally, and otherwise. Post your experiences.
California Dreamin'

El Camino "Teaching"

Unread post by California Dreamin' »

I thought I knew what the El Camino "teaching" was, but apparently I was wrong. Having been a non-current student when it was discussed, can anyone tell me what it was all about? (I thought it had something to do with re-naming Yelm Highway . . . .)
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

I think it was around 2001 (??). I caught it on video at a small Assay xx (don't recall the number) replay.

The crux of it was Ramtha re-enacting a dream sequence he said he gave to JZ to inspire her. He was on stage without any props except for music selections from the soundtrack of the Almost Famous movie. (just struck me funny and ironic - JZ as "almost famous")

As a dream sequence, I recall that at the time, the storyline didn't really make sense. Although Ramtha said it did. And I fell for it and figured I would just have to contemplate it more to gain insight into the interpretation. Now I can see it simply didn't make sense, the way a lot of dreams are.

That said, at the beginning of the performance, the main character (who we later find out was symbolic for JZ) is walking down a road, was hitchhiking and got a lift in an El Camino. She is sitting in the back of the El Camino watching the countryside go by while One Way Out by the Allman Bros plays. The wind whipping through her hair, the sun shining down. As an actress, JZ did a great job conveying the sense of freedom of riding in the back of a pickup truck on a summer day without a care in the world.

See sees a farm and Master of Music played "Mr. Farmer"

So the fact that the truck is an El Camino is supposed to be symbolic that JZ was on The Path.

The story got very bizarre from there. She arrives in a town. She's wandering around a graveyard at one point. Ends up meeting someone. Somehow she ends up married to someone wealthy. One day she wakes up in that marriage and realizes she's been numbed out/asleep for years and tries to get back on her path. I think Ramtha shows up to her at that point to help her - that is, in the dream.

At the end of the performance, Ramtha said they should name the street out front of the Ranch "El Camino Way" or "Enlightenment Way" - everyone cheers. Then he said someone should make a movie out this dream sequence he just re-enacted, that it would help the world. That must've been about the time What the Bleep was being worked on and JZ was trying to get them going on the next movie about her.

For other readers, it is stories/events/experiences like thisi one that keep students around...because they aren't shared or shown to the new students, the old-timers can reference things like "The El Camino Teaching" and feel special while the newbies are in awe and hope against hope that one day, RSE will play the teaching at some event they attend.
California Dreamin'

Unread post by California Dreamin' »

Oh my gosh! What a divine timing for JZ's story to be presented. Shirley MacLaine's book, The Camino, came out in 2000/2001. But Shirley's book's was ". . . the story of a journey . . . the eagerly anticipated and altogether startling culmination of Shirley MacLaine's extraordinary -- and ultimately rewarding -- road through life." Wow. But Shirley was Ramtha's brother, right? So that would explain it.
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

omg....how freakin' convenient. Yet again. JZ gets her hands on some source material and modifies it slightly to pass it off as JZR's own.
littlewiseone

Unread post by littlewiseone »

To me there is another message in that 'story'. Which is: no matter what, it is impossible to be happy in a marriage to a wealthy person (or any person, for that matter) because there would always be something 'missing' and the student must leave behind the marriage to evolve. Another convenient message considering that it encourages people to always doubt their commitment to a partner and question it's validity because the only true commitment is to the school/teachings/one's god.
...and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...

- The Beatles
tree

Unread post by tree »

not to mention the fact that an entire assay was consumed by this teaching and the repeated replays of it for
that entire event.
And if you were not fortunate enough to attend , you felt like a schmuck because you had missed this
invaluable teaching.
Well, a month later, it is offered as an assay number (whatever it was) replay.
OMG!!! I get to go! I get to be a part of what I was missing! This enlgihtening teaching!
Which, as someone above said, I didn't quite get it the first showing, felt like I was a dunce
because I missed some 'magical' point about the whole thing,
so I spent the rest of the assay repeat wide eyed and every "present" for truly desiring to get the message.

Well, I am happy to several, several years later, I got it.

It's just some sociopath's night time dream. :roll: uh......

Return to “The Teachings, The Labyrinth, The Tank, Field Work, The Audiences, C&E, The Disciplines”