And the beat goes on.....

How to help if you have family or friends in RSE.
Marie

And the beat goes on.....

Unread post by Marie »

To all of you who read this board regularly and know my story -- and those of you who don't or haven't, welcome! -- just a "family" update... My mother's sister and her husband just moved to Yelm. So now I have five family members stuck in the muck, my mother, my sister and her husband, and now my aunt and her husband. My mother tells me that my aunt and uncle are not "in the school" but someone else who was closely related to the school at one time told me that was pretty unlikely. That there is nothing in Yelm proper except the school and the armed services base. I asked my mother what they were doing for work there and she said my aunt was starting a cranial massage business and that her husband was a counselor of some kind. I knew in the past that my mother talked to my aunt about the school and that she was receptive. My aunt and uncle are two of the people I tried to voice my concerns to when my mother moved to Yelm and there was no discussion, they just told me to stop talking to them about RSE. Sigh.

As for my mom, we talk by phone. She did visit me the first year after her move. She balks at coming now, either because she doesn't have the money because it's all going to classes, which I do know she attends regularly, or because she's just afraid to leave or both. As weird as it sounds I'm kind of ok with it being that way, you have to get to the point that it's ok in order to go on with your life. Because she's older I think about what I will do when she dies, as she *will* die at some point. She is 76. I do not think I will travel to Yelm for services. I can't imagine putting myself in a situation where all of the family there are hostile to me because I am not supportive of RSE. I will just have to say my own private good byes to her and I am prepared to do that, now anyway.

Good to see all of you still posting...:-).. Thanks for being there.
"That's me in the corner -- losing my religion" -- REM
WofthesunEofthemoon

Re: And the beat goes on.....

Unread post by WofthesunEofthemoon »

Hi, Marie,

I am new here, but I have read your story. Thank you for the welcome. :D

It's a difficult one, isn't it, to find other members of your family now over in Yelm. RSE, like many New Age groups, seems like a disease, to me. Spreading everywhere and no-one aware of the dangers.

Many years ago I suffered a very bad experience with an organization, which took me nearly a decade, on and off, to recover from. Now, nearly 20 years later, I find that my sister, who was one of the family who did her utmost to dissuade me from my folly, is on her own rather dubious-looking 'hot-air balloon to infinity'. I only hope that she is remembering all the erroneous nonsense and malarky that tripped me up and brought about my downfall. Then, perhaps, she'll manage to avoid them. I know one thing for sure, there is not a darned thing that I can say to her about it, as she is sure that she is getting it all right, and I got it all wrong. She doesn't want to hear anything from my 'negative energy', just at the moment.

:evil: Grrrrr
Felicitas

Re: And the beat goes on.....

Unread post by Felicitas »

Hi Marie,

I think you're right in assuming that your mother's sister and her husband are in RSE. Since Scamtha has geared up the 'end of the world in 2012'-machine and is telling the ramsters (again) that Yelm is the only safe place, my mother keeps telling me (over the phone) that I should consider moving to Yelm and that I shouldn't wait too long, that maybe it will be too late to move in 2011 or 2012, because maybe then it won't be possible to travel to the U.S. anymore, stuff like that. It's pretty tiresome and also a bit painful to see that she is really worried about me, because she really believes that stuff. So I guess that your mother's sister and her husband may have moved to Yelm for that reason, which means that they do buy into that stuff to some degree.
I feel for you. It must be hard to have several members of your family over there instead of just one, like in my case. I recognize what you write about your mother not visiting you. It is the same for me. Since my mother moved from Europe to the U.S., she has not been back to visit me. When I want to see her, I have to visit her. In my case, she has made that clear right from the beginning: she said back then (10 years ago) "don't expect me to visit you in Europe. I have nothing to go back to there, except for you. But you know, you can visit me, right?" What she didn't say, but what is painfully obvious, is that she doesn't have the money to travel to Europe, even if she wanted to, because she has decided that all she makes (which isn't that much) goes into events at RSE. So, I have a 'phone-relationship' with my mother too and that is hard at times. I visit her once a year on average and that is nice, but of course it remains a sort of 'one way street'. I can understand what you're saying about when at some point in the future your mother passes away, that you don't see yourself traveling to Yelm for the funeral services. I have thought about that too, what will I do when the time comes. I don't know and maybe I will not go either.
But you know, I do have high hopes for 2012 and beyond. RSE is exploiting that one so massively, that I expect a lot from when that prediction does not come true. There have been many false predictions from Scamtha in the past and sadly that did not move too many ramsters to actually wake up. But I have a feeling this might be different, because in a way it's the big one, right? So I expect that many ramsters will wake up to what is really going on, when they discover that it's 2013 and the world did not end. Of course, I hope that my mother and your mother and other family members will be among them!
the future is unwritten

Return to “Family Members, Friends, Educators and the Cult Experience”