Experience with my sister

How to help if you have family or friends in RSE.
Wakeup-Call

Experience with my sister

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

Fortunately for me, I am very close to my sister. She was the only Christian (to church on Sunday each week) to stay friends with me when I started up with Ramtha. We both always looked for common ground between our belief systems.

I would say she was very good about not dissing Ramtha, would watch the videos of the disciplines I sent and say something positive (like "nice they aren't secretive about it") and then add "not for me." She and her husband liked What the Bleep - especially loved Dr. Joe but she let me know that they were unimpressed with JZ's portion of the film. Meanwhile, I would try and reference Jesus' teachings where I agreed with them and let her know I thought Paul was a controlling jerk.

Her kids love me and I love them but I don't ask them "how did you create that?" - we just talk like human beings. Occasionally, I would reference Ramtha but didn't overdo it. So there was mutual respect for our chosen paths. We talked mostly about our lives and the value of forgiveness in a situation or standing up for ourselves - we'd both use terms from our spiritual perspective but didn't try to convince each other, just work through our actions and feelings.

I was just on the phone with her. What I really appreciate is that she has taken in stride as no big deal the news that I'm disengaging from RSE and now think JZ is a fake. No "oh thank god." Her comment to me just now was "We'll just refer to your Ramtha phase as your Party phase in life. I did it in my 20's and you did it in your 40's."
tree

Unread post by tree »

what a true blessing your sister is.....
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

Wakeup, thanks for sharing that. It's a good inspirational story for those who are in a similar situation and worry about what to say/not say, etc. There are so many stories of total break-ups within families, in connection with RSE's teachings, that seeing that there are some like your sister, give hope.
Another Dimension60

Unread post by Another Dimension60 »

Thank you Wake-Up for being you. There's been much stereotyping of "Ramsters" on this board - when in fact, some people who were/are Ramsters were not self-centered/narcissistic control freaks who perceive(d) stealing or begging as manifesting, who are righteously superior etc etc etc. Obviously you took You into your Ramtha 'phase' - and the Who that You are sounds centered and loving and capable of compassion and perspective. I can only wonder at your Family upbringing that brought forth two Sisters who are so capable of loving and honoring self/other.
Perhaps those people who are in relationships with "Ramsters" and are experiencing difficulties need to look deeper than the specific of Ramtha/teachings. A superior narcissistic control freak will use any agenda through which to play the role -- Ramtha isn't the cause of personality frameworks; involvement/hookedness into Ramtha may exacerbate, exaggerate the personality but doesn't create it.
And, as your Sister simply loves you without trying to simultaneously make you wrong, or right, perhaps those with Ramster partners, family, friends need to look in themselves at their need to control/change/convince "their" Ramster.
Blessings to you, your Sister, your Mother. Thank you.
tree

Unread post by tree »

perhaps those with Ramster partners, family, friends need to look in themselves at their need to control/change/convince "their" Ramster.
I am not so sure this is the uh, appropriate approach here.
Especially I know this is not true for recovered alcoholics.
I think for those people who have Ramsters in their immediate families . they find it very very difficult to have an at -length discussion of any kind with any Ramster because the belief system is so ingrained and closed. It's best to keep the conversation somewhat neutral, if possibe.
Not all Ramsters will be naricisstic to the JZ degree.
Not all Ramsters steal money from others under the guise of manifesting.
Not all Ramsters buy into the doom and gloom and build UG's.
but all Ramster's have a common thread in their thinking in that a percentage (oh- let's not go here, Greg! lol) of their critical thinking
skills are lost or maybe let's say, put asunder for a while. It could be a very low percentage of their thinking, or it could be to the nth
degree. Either way, we are talking about a closed system here.

I am sure Wakeup's sister had more than a handful of "wtf is she thinking??!!" moments regarding WakeUp.
but her overall approach, and WakeUp's as well ( so I think there IS something to how they were raised here) was one of openminded-ness.

I don't get from Humbled Pied Piper to AussieGirl to Marie that they have the need or desire to control their respective family
members. They just want to have a decent "normal" conversation.
Just like WakeUp here said about Debbie Christie's intro about reading the cards.
I mean, having been in the audience, I KNOW what Debbie is talking about. I can, and used to relate.
But being out here it looks corny as hell. She's not even talking in full sentences and is making many references to teachings
(ie demons) that non-students are not familiar with. Her target audience is one that is indoctrinated.

I can tell you "out here" I don't have to face daily scrutinizations of demons anymore!! THAT'S for sure!
And of course being "out here" doesn't mean I don't have issues to look at or deal with. I just don't have that daily pressure to
live up to being god. I find now in hindsight, that is a total misuse of time and prevents one from fully participating in all that
life has to offer.
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

wakeup-call said:
"Fortunately for me, I am very close to my sister. She was the only Christian (to church on Sunday each week) to stay friends with me when I started up with Ramtha. We both always looked for common ground between our belief systems."

I applaud your relationship. It is true that many families of cult members overreact and stereotype often causing more problems than exist.

Fortunately for me as an exit counselor, in the majority of my cases [over 500 interventions mostly by surprirse since 1980], my clients had the same or rebuilt the same good communication and rapport as did Wake-up and her sister. An exit counselor's "success" depends on a real world of evidence that being devoted to the group is far less interesting and fulfilling than rejecting it. "Outside" of restrictive totalist movements there are greater pastures and opportunities for expansion intellectually, emotionally, spiritually, physically, socially and often financially. For some people it is a matter of time whether they leave a cult but how one leaves and what one learns in the process can make quite a difference in self-fulfillment in all those areas I mentioned.
ordinarymind

Unread post by ordinarymind »

Tree wrote: And of course being "out here" doesn't mean I don't have issues to look at or deal with. I just don't have that daily pressure to
live up to being god. I find now in hindsight, that is a total misuse of time and prevents one from fully participating in all that
life has to offer.
Not sure if I should be posting my response here in this thread ...but in response to Tree's comment I wanted to say I am so enjoying not having to live up to ?being God? anymore . ..and not having R in my head all the time like I used to ?I used to ?know? he was with me whenever I would turn my mind toward him ?you know, whenever the wind would come up out of nowhere J , whenever I was alone, doing my disciplines, not doing my disciplines, working hard, doing nothing ..it didn?t matter, whenever I would think of R, there he would be in my head . . .well, not really of course, in case anyone is wondering, I didn?t see him really, or hear him really but I assumed he was there and I had this commentary running around in my head . .there he was.. judging me and what I was doing or thinking . ..and it wasn?t all bad judgment ..some of it was praising me for working hard or being a ?good initiate? (gosh, how embarrassing to actually write that ?but there you go, that?s the ?special? part I think ?groannnnn!!) ?and I knew I was sincere . ..although I couldn?t get how I could be so sincere and yet still nothing was really happening . . I wasn?t healing my body, or the robin my cat caught and left wounded at my feet . ..I wasn?t finding my cards much . ..never ?saw? through the back of more than a couple playing cards at a sitting . ..never made it to the void in the tank ?never manifested anything in my hand ?I didn?t get it really, because, like Whatcha said, I was ?doing the work? ..anyway, I?m rambling off my main point which is how wonderfully freeing it is to not have that f?ing commentary running around in my head anymore ?it?s gone .. totally gone ?and I feel, well, 10 years younger .. .like I have always been!!
Marie

Unread post by Marie »

my main point which is how wonderfully freeing it is to not have that f?ing commentary running around in my head anymore ?it?s gone .. totally gone ?and I feel, well, 10 years younger
OM -- YAY!....:-).... I'm glad you at peace.
Marie

Unread post by Marie »

"you ARE at peace".... geez..... :lol:
Whatchamacallit

OM said, "?and I feel, well, 10 years younger .. .like I have always been!!"

ROFL !!!! That's SO funny...we had to LEAVE RSE to get, "I have always been ten years younger." LOL !!!! Who knew ?

Seriously, though, it's true. I feel that, myself. I just feel lighter. I'm so HAPPY ! Not that burdened, never quite cutting it as he carrot gets pulled back from reach juuuuust a little bit, AGAIN....etc.

We had a storm come through over the weekend, and the kids had friends over. We sat in the dining room, looking over the horizon (it's a view), and watched these really cool, dark stormclouds rolling in. Had the storm, and then watched the clouds roll on past, as the sun came out again. The kids asked me at one point, "What are you smiling about, mom?" I just had a snicker/smile on my face, thinking, "Ha ! I've always loved watching the weather, and now I know that the wind whipping up, and watching the treetops swaying back and forth is just beautiful, just nature being nature, and Ramtha gets no credit for it. Ha !" I didn't share any of that with the kids, but they knew something was on my mind, alright.

OM, I think you made a very important point about how you internally QUESTIONED/DOUBTED how it could be that you DID DO the disciplines as they were taught, applied them SINCERELY, and they did not bear fruit. THAT is not your fault; it's because the teachings are untrue as they are presented. Even though our critical thinking was mixed up for a while, to not blame ourselves, when we KNOW we were sincere in our application (and that's all we were told it took because the teachings were designed to WORK, even if it was in R's name, to over ride any of our own doubt). It takes a healthy self esteem to know that about ourselves and not blame ourselves, but hold the teachings/teacher responsible. Not to blame, but to simply state the facts !
aussiegirl

Unread post by aussiegirl »

perhaps those with Ramster partners, family, friends need to look in themselves at their need to control/change/convince "their" Ramster.

I agree that my first reaction was definitely to convince my parner that Ramtha wasn't real and to change his belief system because of how I felt about it. I no longer feel like that, I would like him to understand he is in a cult and that Ramtha doesnt exist for the very reasons that Tree, Watcha and others have posted, its liberating. All those discplines including the most ridiculous one of all - trying to ascend in this lifetime! Not having to live up to all of that must be so freeing and I would love to see my partner released of these burdens.

Any of you ex Ramsters whose partners stuck by you, I can tell you that you are truly loved and that is a wonderful thing, your partners saw past RSE to the real you. I love my partner for the man he is, the wonderful complicated sexy man that he is with all his human frailties, the fact that he follows a whacko cult is just one aspect of him. As Marie and I both said in another conversation we use this forum to vent, I dont spend all day stressing about RSE, its just when I come on line and join in the EMF board that I discuss my feelings about this cult.
Whatchamacallit

Sheesh, I know I rush through posts sometimes cuz I'm doing this and that (too much multi-tasking), but this last post was too fragmented for me to not revisit and comment on.

I mentioned that I was sitting with the kids (we were playing a card game in the dining room), watching the storm come in. Well, so what ? So what is that commonly, Ramsters credit and/all intense weather phenomenon to The Lord Of The Wind, a.k.a. Ramtha. So, for an ex-student to be able to enjoy any wind-related weather of a non-damaging kind (tornadoes/hurricanes/etc), for just what it is, WEATHER happening, is progress. No triggers, just a beautiful summertime thunderstorm rollin' in, and rollin' back out again.

Okay, that's better. Wanted to be more clear about that...sorry.
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

Whatcha - I understand about enjoying the storm. I went through a moment just this weekend. The wind came up...and I found myself stopping for a moment...I equated it to the loss of an "imaginary friend" - the old Lord of the Wind. I had to stop and just let myself enjoy the beauty of nature without "anthropomorphizing" it - giving it human attributes.

I think a lot of people in RSE would miss the imaginary friend, Ramtha.

But as others have said in recent posts, there is so much more than the restricted box painted by RSE. I loved getting through that moment and opening up to grandeur and freedom to experience in nature.
tree

Unread post by tree »

I was sitting with the kids (we were playing a card game in the dining room), watching the storm come in. Well, so what ? So what is that commonly, Ramsters credit and/all intense weather phenomenon to The Lord Of The Wind, a.k.a. Ramtha.
So, for an ex-student to be able to enjoy any wind-related weather of a non-damaging kind (tornadoes/hurricanes/etc), for just what it is, WEATHER happening, is progress.
I can't stress this enough...

The EYEs that always followed you in RSE....(in your bedroom, in your bathroom, on the highway,
on the feild, outside by your BBQ, etc)
The Wind that was "always at your back".....

just last summer, I stood paralyzed on my tiny porch because the wind was whipping up and I was in total discord as to what was
really happening. I stood there with tears streaming down my face not knowing what the tears were....
tears of confusion?
tears of losing my personal hyrophant?
tears of joy for having the courage to face this huge juncture?

I called my dear friend several thousand miles away, explaining I was confused about the wind blowing.
She gave me a twenty minute 7th grade lecture about the geological components of the earth and a simple
explanation of what the wind actually was.

I stood there in utter amazement like a 3 yr old who just saw this beautiful bug.
To which I replied, " oh."
I stood there another 30 seconds then laughed hysterically at the absurdity of the whole Far-Side-esque-ness of the whole scenario.

I will never forget that - humor in which I finally re-discovered what the wind really was. :)
Whatchamacallit

Tree said, "just last summer, I stood paralyzed on my tiny porch because the wind was whipping up and I was in total discord as to what was
really happening."

Did you ever think it was Ramtha coming to kick your butt ? (not joking)

You dared to leave the school AND speak out about your opinions, viewpoints, experiences which did not (do not) toe the party line ! He's gunna getcha !

I'm not joking. When EMF was initially launched, and the time prior to that, when it was being designed, the people involved had conversations about, "What if he kicks our butt or strikes us down for what we're going to do?" It was residue, obviously, but the FEAR felt like fear, nonetheless.

Well, we decided we didn't give a hoot, and we were of the mind, "You scorned us, you liar, so bring it on, we don't care."

Now, bear with me here, because this is really a progression of thoughts and phases that we went through.

Next, we decided, if the old goat is real, then he's ON OUR SIDE, cuz JZ is outta control in a bad way, with her addiction, and need for fame and fortune that appears to be insatiable. Now, that's not to say that anyone involved thought Ramtha is, or is not, for sure, real or not real. We had our opinions, our doubts, etc., etc. My point is, as I've said before, ultimately, it no longer mattered. Wrong is wrong, and RSE's false claims are WRONG.

Spiritually wrong, morally wrong, personally wrong, globally wrong, etc.

:evil:
That says it.
tree

Unread post by tree »

Did you ever think it was Ramtha coming to kick your butt ? (not joking)
I am endeavoring to think how long that after effect lasted.
Yes, I had that fear, esp at first, esp when I was still sorting through things.
Even after exit counselling with Joe, gaining more knowledge, etc, I still had hauntings that him or his bullies would get me.

Of course now, in hindsight, it is totally ludicrous.

But, at the time, I also had people harassing me at the store, on the phone, in the post office...they were relentless.

I think the fear which you speak about whatcha, in reagards to "the big guy bringing someone down" speaks volumes about the actual
brainwashing that takes place at 14507 Yelm Hwy SE, NOT excluding CD's and tapes.
I know people who have been out of RSE for several years and are even afraid just to post.

She did quite the job with the fear tactic, as far as "teachings" are concerned.
And if THAT wasn't enough, she would sic the lawyers on people.
wth?! didn't she 'create her reality? of no one seemingly "infringing" on her space in the sandbox in the universe?
is there not an endless supply of wealth and good fortune for everyone?
Pullleazze.....
Whatchamacallit

My Opinion Again

She and her monkeys are bullies, imo.
People who are afraid to post here, have some reason to be afraid. As we know, RSE instills all manner of fear tactics. Fear that the world is coming to an end and you need your underground house, gas masks, stockpiling weapons has been implied (we have a teaching reference for that comment by jzR), storing up to ten YEARS worth of food for each person in your family, so that you don't die during The Days To Come (that never came). jzR has told students many-many-many times in audience that he is going to "bring you down" for not doing such and so; mandates he gives students to do.

For those of you who have businesses (think Prairie Hotel, and Yelm Cinemas, ETC), who were connected to the threat of NASCAR coming to the Yelm area, consider this: As Ramtha, JZR told...threatened...students that they had best protect THEIR SCHOOL from being taken by eminent domain if NASCAR is allowed in. Students were commanded to write letters to the folks on the committee forthe area NASCAR track; told to STOP or they were going to boycott going to ANY BUSINESS that was owned by those supporting NASCAR. Well, the icing on the cake was when jzR told students if they DID NOT WRITE such letters, then Ramtha was going to bring them down.

A while later, when the town rumor mill was along the line of the Ramsters boycotting certain places like Yelm Cinema, business dropped off, and it was time to do damage control.

I clearly recall Blue Body coming out onto the stage talking about how students were not to go making ill will with the locals and businesses, with such comments as, "Are you for it or against it?" with a very threatening tone. It was discussed that Blue Body had to go to the businesses, such as that Garden Center in Yelm (Gordon's), and make nice with them.

As usual, the STUDENTS were blamed for their pathetic, troublemaking actions, when IT WAS jzRAMTHA ALL THE TIME, WHO COERCED-THREATENED THE STUDENTS INTO DOING WHAT THEY DID. Of course, the locals react more intensely, because they are living right there, unlike some of us who hopped on an airplane and went home, away from that pressure.

How many times has Ramtha said, in a threatening tone, "My reach goes out far past this arena, when you are not here." In other words, I am watching you no matter WHERE you are, and I am a bigger Goddy, so I will kick your butt, anywhere.

What a bully. Imagine that he is almost 8 feet tall and he can't stand up, IN PHYSICAL, and say that to our face ?????? Ha ! Wimp.

I later heard it on good authority, though I never checked out the details, that there was never any RECORDS filed that commented in any way whatsoever, that JZr's property would be taken by eminent domain to make a road through her backyard, for NASCAR. Since she has lied to the entire school in the past, who is to say that this isn't also another lie she told ? Years ago, she stood on the stage and CRIED (JZ that is), saying the school was going to be closed, blah blah blah and give all t he money you can right now so I can pay my taxes. Of course, the students COMPLIED, she got free tax money donated to her (smooth move !!!), and then a few years later, stood on stage and admitted that she LIED about the incident.

Do YOU now believe that the NASCAR racetrack was going to mean that her backyard property would be taken for a road rerouting ? I don't.

And Ramtha ain't kickin' nobody's butt. Don't be afraid to post on EMF, folks. A few posters did receive some nastygrams and were bullied. But, that was the great minority of posters who had that experience. It was also short lived. You have a RIGHT to talk about your OPINIONS and EXPERIENCES, no matter what. Go ask an attorney if you don't believe me. In part, it's called FREEDOM OF SPEECH and no gag order can say that you can't even speak about a DREAM you had if Ramtha showed up in it. It's YOUR DREAM and if you dreamt about winning (evil grin) the NASCAR race, that's your business, and you can blab about it to anyone you want to.
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

Kudos for laying it on the line! Weapons? JZR actually instructed her students to stockpile WEAPONS? Oh my. Here comes the ATF...who knows WHAT she's got buried in those "camera polluted" woods?
:roll: :roll: :roll:

And she's going to be on Larry King this weekend. Hear that, ATF? I certainly hope so!
tree

Unread post by tree »

[quote]JZR actually instructed her students to stockpile WEAPONS? [/quote

oh , an emphatic YES! to stockpiling weapons.
And if that was not enough,
When there were events going on in the past, and the locals new where all the Ramsters lived,
the locals would break into Ramster houses for the gold and weapons.
Next event, we were told to get BEAR traps (illegal in WA State, I recall)
and then Rottweilers
(hers have since died.)

in the infamous "no microphone night" in Jan 1991, where jz dressed as ramtha, came in,
ripped off the microphone, told us the CIA knew about our dealings and could hear everything,
hence ripping off the microphone, then telling everyone to build UG's, stock pile weapons,
and gather 2 years worth of food.

talk about fear-based.
I know. I built a UG.
All 4 of us agreed (master of music included) that
the whole thing went belly up because we built it in fear.
hmmm
Start all over again because at a "Fireside chat" with Master of Roses (Lars)
a few years later, it was told the UG's needed to be concrete and 2' thick with rebar.
No where, did I hear from that chat that Ed Wiltsie was to be involved and
"approve" your building site.
This came much later..... :roll: :roll:
Whatchamacallit

My kids have water pistols. Does that count to protect us ?

:roll:

It's so nice not to live in paranoia.
Another Dimension60

Unread post by Another Dimension60 »

The rotwiellers and guns came after the cartoonist's murder. A special audience was called. JZ spoke.
The fear for ex-Ramtha locals, at least some, is not that Ramtha will bring them down, but JZ. She's literally brought down businesses, and had people fired from jobs, and pursued frivolous lawsuits, and there's sufficient information to have reasonable doubt as to who in fact had the cartoonist killed.
Which is not to say there wasn't the fear of Ramtha bringing us down.... The happiest moment in my ramthaland experience was sitting in my car at the ranch smoking... and I wasn't brought down. Freedom.
Whatchamacallit

AD60 said, "The fear for ex-Ramtha locals, at least some, is not that Ramtha will bring them down, but JZ."

Yes, yes. That's so true. There are people who won't post on EMF because they're afraid of either "JZ" or sometimes "Ramtha" retaliating.

There are people in the Yelm area who speak out (not just ex-students, by the way), though they choose their words carefully. They will quietly talk about the wrongdoing that goes on there directly, or indirectly. They've sent us emails, asking to remain private, but also telling their stories.

I personally recall Michelle Marie once getting on the stage for something she did...she was getting a boatload of personal attention from "Ramtha". He told her whatever it was...and M.M.'s response was she wasn't afraid so much of him/Ramtha, but of her/JZ !!!!! Very telling.

There are so many stories related to the fear factor and others not speaking out, that it could be its own thread.

Return to “Family Members, Friends, Educators and the Cult Experience”