Need help! Parents are Ramsters!

How to help if you have family or friends in RSE.
BigDave

Need help! Parents are Ramsters!

Unread post by BigDave »

I suppose I come to EMF because I have absolutely nowhere else to seek information. My parents have been Ramsters since 2000, and are neck-deep in this "school"...and believe me I use THAT term subjectively! Anyway, I am an only child with a very small family, and know no one else who has been affected by this. Long story short, bunkers, weird people around them, orbs, weird shit on the walls at home, and freaking me out have all lead me to need some people to ask questions and seek info from. I guess they are just not the same people anymore, and they don't feel like my parents anymore.
Anybody that can talk to me would be greatly appreciated.
Marie

Unread post by Marie »

BigDave,

hi and welcome to this forum -- I don't have time to give the response I'd like to your post, but can't at this moment -- because I have other stuff I need to do -- you are not alone... I have a mother, sister and brother in law heavily into rse .. My mother is moving to yelm the end of this month, my sister's house is for sale and she will go next... My mother is indoctrinating aunts and uncles so while they have not attended any events at this writing, they are sympathetic to rse and have slammed the doors when I try to talk about it....

It's hurtful, sad, frightening and unbelieveable.... You didn't say how old you are -- living on your own or with your parents?.... This board can be tremendous support, although likely will not disentangle your parents... They have to do that themselves....:-)..... But sometimes gaining some insight helps one feel more in control of the situation and you can freely ask questions and vent feelings..... I'll never forget when I discovered the reasons for Twinkies in my pantry!!.....Reading will help you put pieces together... I have noticed that I tend to take a lot of things personally that I can now attribute to side effects of rse... But it gets hard to tell where rse begins and the real person ends sometimes, expecially if they have been in the school a long time -- not that it's that more ingrained, but because after 8 or 10 years, enough damage has been done to your relationship as a result of rse, that you have to begin to protect yourself and not put yourself in the line of fire of a loose cannon, or someone who you cannot trust, or who will unexpectedly let loose on you for no reason..... I don't say that with malice, just the way it is........

I've gone on too long for now... More later.... Read Journeythroughramthaland's post on rse and other addictions -- i will post on that later, too JTR!

Take care, and know it's not YOU.
BigDave

Unread post by BigDave »

Thank you Marie. It is nice, after 8 or so years to finally have a place where I feel people might be able to help me understand all of this. I will give a little bit of history here, in order that those of you that are reading this, might understand my particular situation.

I am 31 years old. I am an only child and we have a small extended family. My parents have always been "a little different" from other parents, but normal for the most part. My Mother was always reading the Diet of the Week or Religion of the Week or Positive Thinking Book of the Week, so of course, I assumed that RSE would pass, as all the others did.

My first experience with RSE was around December of 2001. I was working in a sales department of a trucking company and worked with UPS on some cross border stuff. I was becoming quite interested in the after-events of 9-11 as some of it pertained to my work. I received a phone call from my Mother one day, and she asked me to come out for dinner as her and my Dad wanted to "talk to me about something important". This was when I was hit with "we have decided to give the house and property to you and we are moving to a bunker outside the city with 20 friends." Try to imagine the look on my face at this point.

After I learned that they were completely serious about this, I freaked out...obviously! I tried to corner my Dad and get the "real story" from him, as he was always the most rational one. He told me that they had made this decision because the Ram had told them that "something bad" was going to happen on Dec 26th and it was going to spark some sort of world-altering event. I asked him if he had lost his mind! Anyone who watches CNN can tell you they are expecting "something bad" to happen on Boxing Day in a mall, relating to some sort of terrorist attack! For those of you still with me at this point, we live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, and do not particularly worry about terrorist attacks in our malls...not then, and not now!

When nothing happened that day, I called my Dad and said, "What now? You said something bad was going to happen and you were going to go live in a hole in the ground, what now?" I got some sort of dismissive response about how the positive thoughts of the world could change the course of events...blah blah blah.

Over the next few years, we had many arguments. Mostly because I would talk about something, they would make it connect somehow to what the Ram says, I would freak out and leave...and on, and on, and on. I got married a year and a half ago to a wonderful woman whom my parents love, and she loves them back. Even though she has to sit through conversations about how a friend of theirs was telling them about how she found a couple of aliens in her backyard, and the funny part was that they were wearing jeans and trying to fit in! Any other woman would probably head for the hills...

About 3 months ago, a close friend of mine lost his Mother to cancer, kind of unexpectedly. This prompted me to spend some time with my Dad, who is now in his 70's. I decided I didn't want to have not known my Dad very well, should 'the time come'. I suppose, although he is my Dad, we have not always been terribly close.

We decided to go camping in the mountains, something we always used to do. This was going to be my way of reconnecting with him and possibly getting through some of my feelings about the different people they had become. All started off well, but it didn't take long until I was being told that we can chose when we die, and he had chosen 120 years old. Can't wait for that party!

I suppose we had fun...we camped and drank and did all the things we always used to do together. Except, when we were sitting outside next to the campfire looking up to the star-filled sky above, I was looking for comets and shooting stars, and he was looking for the mothership!

The bottom line is, it was not ' my Dad'. He was a different person then he used to be, and I hate it. I feel so guilty for feeling this way. They are my parents, but they are not the same people they have been my whole life. I know people change over time, but for those of you that have been through this, you know that they change in a way that is not normal.

Anyways, there's a little story for you. I thank you for reading this far, it has been 8 years in the making, and if my Dad is right, another 50 years to go! And thanks to those who send advice. All is appreciated.
Marie

Unread post by Marie »

Dave -- Your story made me laugh and want to cry at the same time !!... Thanks for taking the time to post.... I can relate to MUCH of what you said......My mother is 74 and plans to live well past 100...!!... sigh...... My mother, and family, is much like yours.... Always been a little different, believed in aliens, Edgar Cayce, psychics, etc.... But nice, friendly, giving people........Not really close to any of our extended family, mostly because of different proximity.....I found your mentioning Dec. 26 as the day "something bad" was going to happen very interesting... My birthday is Dec. 26 and my mother has found every reason under the sun not to celebrate it with me since around 2001....I think it was in 2001 that we had a HUGE fight on that day, something that knocked me completely for a loop as it was unexpected and one of those fights where end up thinking "huh??? what just happened here??".... Every birthday since then even though we have made prior plans to do something, dinner or whatever, she cancels on me... Doesn't feel well, has a headache, etc., etc... This is one of those things I mentioned that I used to take personally, and later find out it is actually "rse related".... It's gotten to the point that I just don't expect to involve her anymore on my birthday, I just take the dog out for a ride and we get ice cream or something and that works for me!..... That's what I meant when I said you just start doing things to protect yourself from that emotional hurt.... And that is how rse and other cults break up families........
BigDave

Unread post by BigDave »

Marie - Sounds like we may have the same family! Its funny how after a few years you just begin to write things off. The worst part is how embarrassed you feel to bring people around. My parents have always been the type to want to get to know my friends. Even in my 30's they still want to know who I'm hanging out with. Last weekend my in laws were in town, and they said they were thinking about stopping at my parents house for coffee on their way out of the city. I just envisioned my cowboy in laws (I mean that literally - they were in the city for the chuckwagon races) going to my parents house (which is beautiful by the way). Upon entering they would be dazzled by the huge open cathedral style ceiling, covered with ribbons and pyramids and dangling shiny shit everywhere! I can see the looks they would share with each other as my in laws thought, "What the hell is going on here?" Then if only make it absolutely worse, they might stumble upon the 'Ram Room'. That's right...the 'Ram Room'. Not sure if everyone else in the venerable collegiate learning institution has a 'Ram Room'... this is always my favorite part of the tour. Try and explain to guests why your parents have pictures of some woman all over the walls. Anyways, its a little sad to me because I would love to have everyone go over there and stop by and whatnot, but can't deal with all the questions afterwards!
aussiegirl

Unread post by aussiegirl »

Big Dave, my partner is a member of RSE and has been for 20 years (we have been together 3) I can certainly relate to the feeling of uncertainty when you are introducing your parents to people. I am always a little anxious before we are going to be in any social situation, will he be the funny, interesting, smart guy or the Ramster, talking about aliens, spaceships, 40000 year old entities etc? I mix in an affluent vibrant social circle, really none of the people I am friendly with are into consiparcy theories, ascension or any of the other completely nonsensical RSE garbage. Its a terrible thing that whilst I love and respect my partner in most things, I have no respect for RSE and cringe when he starts to talk about these things in public. I remember the first time we met he told me about Ramtha (I had never heard of him/her) and that he was channeled and was a 40,000 (or something like that) year old warrior, I laughed and said don't be silly because I honestly thought he was making the whole thing up as a huge joke. It wasn't until he asked me to watch What the Bleep that I realised he actually believed it was tru. At that point I was almost sure I wouldnt see him again, What the Bleep reallyfreaked me out it was so clearly a brainwashing exercise that I was deeply concerned about being involved with someone who couldn't see that. However after a few weeks we met up again and that old black magic called love had its way with us and now I wouldn't change things for the world. Most of the time RSE is like a bad lingering smell that we ignore (or we argue to the point of throwing things) and life goes on and is happy and fun, I do say things occassionally that I hope will make my partner think about the validity of the teachings without being too confrontational (this forum has been of enormous assistance as the ex-RSE members give me some great advice in how to handle things it is also somewhere I can vent my frustrations). My advice to you would be to read this forum, stay in touch, talk about your concerns and frustrations with your parents, being on here will help you gain a much better understanding of what they are going through. You probably can't change their minds, they will either do this themselves or not, you just need to find a way to accept the situation and deal with it best for you.
tree

Unread post by tree »

Dave-
I was in RSE for 20 years and have realized the truth just a year ago April.
My partner is still in school ( we split when my son was 3-his other parent being wayyy to fanatical
for common living).
We have a 21 year old son who must have seen what you have seen.
I don't know where you live, but if you are ever in the area, I could point you to a group of 22-28 year olds
who are in your same boat, although they grew up with all that weird Ramtha crap on the walls.
My son really will not speak badly of his other parent, nor will he take up cause against RSE.
But he is very happy for my departing RSE, although he has seen how difficult a journey it has been.
But that age group DEFINITELY has an intense opinion about jz knight and her trip.
And all of those parents are still in RSE after all these years.

I find Aussiegirl's, Marie's and journeyfromramthaland's posts increasingly opening my eyes to what
a pain in the ass I must have been. :oops:
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

Big Dave,

I was a student for 10 years and just put all my questions and doubts together this summer and realized RSE is a cult.

Personally, I think one of the best things you can do is not let a huge gulf grow between you and parents. Otherwise, they will connect all the more with other Ramsters. Honestly, if there are old friends who want to pop by and see them, I think you should encourage it.

I think one of the best tactics is just to say some form of "Hmmm, interesting..." or like Dr. Phil "How's that working for you?" and then change the subject to something normal like, "Hey, the kids want you to go do the Corn Maze in Tumwater with them. How's Friday?" And if they do and talk about how this is like Ramtha's tank/labyrinth, you just do another "Oh, interesting, that would be cool if it helps. Ok, let's go everyone. Mom and Dad - you focus and we'll check the map."

That is pretty much what my sister and best friend did. They just let Ramtha be "my thing" and went on with life. Like Tree said, if you take the approach of trying to convince them it's a cult, you'll just get more and more of the cold shoulder and they'll clam up.

My sister and friend both made it clear - gently - what the boundaries were for how much Ramtha-talk they wanted their kids exposed to and I respected that.

Aussiegirl in her posts notes that her strategy is pretty much to make sure her Ramster guy's life with her is way better than what RSE offers him.

Other than that, as suggested by someone else, if you read the forum here, you'll get lots of ideas on how to ask questions to keep their critical thinking skills engaged. For example, with the orbs - you could look at the photos, say "Hmmm, interesting" and then ask why an orb never seems to show up partially BEHIND an object. If they ask if you can see Aunt Sally in it, you can look and then say, "No, not really. I guess it's like looking at clouds and seeing shapes and patterns."

That's my two cents.
tree

Unread post by tree »

or like Dr. Phil "How's that working for you?" and then change the subject to something normal like, "Hey, the kids want you to go do the Corn Maze in Tumwater with them. How's Friday?" And if they do and talk about how this is like Ramtha's tank/labyrinth, you just do another "Oh, interesting, that would be cool if it helps. Ok, let's go everyone. Mom and Dad - you focus and we'll check the map."
that Dr. Phil line is the best because, of course, they would never routinely watch something like Dr. Phil.

"Mom and Dad - you focus and we'll check the map"-omg! what hoot! nice way to bring every one together though :)
tree

Unread post by tree »

Dave-

I have re-read your post several times now because I think of my son and what he must have gone through
and coninues to go through since his other parent is still in rse.

I know for a fact, he is very proud that I have taken the stand that I have in Yelm.
I was an "old timer" and spoke the truth about my experience.while in rse and exiting.
It has been an utterlly painful process to exit the group seeing as I had been really steeped in it.
But the one thing that kept me going was my son.
The last 8 years os so, since he totally objected to ever going to rse again ( he went from age 6-13), he
has been totally allowing of whatever I chose to do.
I never pushed him on the subject -I pretty much allowed him as well.
But his other parent is a total fanatic. You can't even go over to their house without hearing some
Ramtha reference or some so be it! every ten minutes.

Today, we have a great realationship (we always have) and once in a while make fun of the antics
of the other parent for about 2 mintues (whatever the latest craze is in RSE) and let it go at that.
I don't want to make it a "us vs them" thing.

He sends me encouraging text messages of how proud he is, that he knows sometimes it is hard,
but he knows I am strong and will come through.
Totally tear jerking for me, this stuff coming from my son.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that for both ex-student and family members who have RSE parents or siblings,
this is the best thing since sliced bread for understanding the journey and the recovery from RSE.
I have gained great insight from the family members posts and they have shown me more humbleness
and appreciation for their love of their brainwashed family members.
It DEFINITELY is not an easy path.
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

Tree - you have made amazing progress from when I first began posting here! In the midst of our own recovery, we've all seen you rise to become a beacon of help and hope, especially to those who have family in RSE.

I remember during a Q&A that Judith, as herself, did at RSE. A 50's something couple made a comment expecting help from Judith and it stuck with me, as a terrible thing. The couple stated, in concern, "we are no longer 'frequency-specific' with our children." Judith's answer? "SO WHAT!"

How's that for compassion.....

:roll: :roll: :roll:
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
tree

Unread post by tree »

The couple stated, in concern, "we are no longer 'frequency-specific' with our children." Judith's answer? "SO WHAT!"

omg! wow. so people like Dave's parents actually are getting mini-red flags.
I hope to god the crack or bleed through comes sooner (than later- thinking here of some ex students
who had "red flags" for 2 or more years before actually leaving the group).

Wow. This statement by her just has my mouth drop open.
But then again, I am not surprised as the narcissism just keeps getting steeper and steeper as the years pass by....

(self imploding at some point. Thinking of Hitler and Jim Jones)
Sad Grandfather
Location: Joe Reeves, Carthage, Mississippi http://joesue.com/

Good Luck, Dave

Unread post by Sad Grandfather »

I won't repeat my story here, since I just posted an update under the thread I started, a couple of months back. I am in the process of losing my daughter and only grandchildren to Judy Knight's influence. My insight into this thing has come to mirror what I have read from the stories of others on this forum. I am even beginning to understand her thought processes in getting into it. My biggest problem is that, now that she is moving to Yelm, 3000 miles away, we may never see them again. I am not in great health and my wife has moderate Alzheimer's. My daughter says her only friends are in Yelm, since all her proselytizing has alienated the friends she had here. We have gradually shared our misfortune with our own friends, and they are sympathetic with our problem, but understand they we have NO control over it. It is good that you can still have contact with your parents, even though they freak you out, but in the end you just have to live your own life. If friends come to visit, it might be good to brief them on the situation, so they don't freak when they get there.

Good luck!
Another Dimension60

Unread post by Another Dimension60 »

BigDave - you have an excellent resource of information in your backyard - a literal expert on organizations such as RSE - Dr. Stephen Kent is a professor at Alberta U. Google his name and you'll find his email, phone, etc. He has been an expert witnesses against Scientology; he has studied and gathered information on Ramtha.

Return to “Family Members, Friends, Educators and the Cult Experience”