STARTING A NEW LIFE

How to help if you have family or friends in RSE.
Optimystic

STARTING A NEW LIFE

Unread post by Optimystic »

I'm starting a new TOPIC as I don't want to Post a xindy, the abused.

Sorry Moderators, I didn't know I couldn't post on a post I started using "xindy."

Since I'm having problems sleeping, that's OK for tonight b/c I'll be able to follow the election results until our next President is determined. :D

I actually left my house today & voted! Hope everyone else did. :wink:

I'll be checking in now & then.

Blessings To All Including you Moderators :) Sorry I caused you extra work. :(
"I was Blind but NOW I see. I was DEAF but NOW I Hear!"
Optimystic

Just a quick update. I'm experiencing some miraculous things in my life. :shock:

I have been reading & praying so much & I KNOW Jesus lives within ME. I have LET GO & LET GOD! :idea:

I can only tell you that my husband is making a conscious effort to stop drinking. He hasn't verbally or physically abused me since I've begun PRAYING once more. I've found ME & the horrible things my husband has been carrying inside him. He was beaten by his OWN mother & his mother's brother...the cycle of abuse. He took his anger out on me b/c he couldn't take it out on his mother...it was misplaced abuse. :o

I'm still a Catholic but DO NOT follow nor believe in "Church Laws." These are "man-made" laws, not the Laws of Jesus! I feel organized religion is like a club where you pay your dues & must follow the rules even if you don't believe they're RIGHT!

"THE TRUTH, JESUS LIVES WITHIN EACH & EVERY ONE OF US," He does NOT live in buildings but is all around us. He is the Alpha & the Omega...The Circle of Life. We don't NEED holy men to be a go-between, Jesus is already in us. We just have to listen to Him & behave like the Living Jesus taught the Apostles. Love One Another, unconditionally! :D

God's Blessings To All & Follow the REAL "ENLIGHTENED ONE!"
tree

Unread post by tree »

optymistic-
Glad to hear of such progress so soon.
I hope all is being followed up with some group or couple counseling.
Like a really heavy person, that problem or weight did not get there overnight.
Nor will it go away in a short period of time.
I am happy you have something to support you and fall back upon- your faith.
Keep up the good work.

Peace out.
Optimystic

Tree wrote:optymistic-
Glad to hear of such progress so soon.
I hope all is being followed up with some group or couple counseling.
Like a really heavy person, that problem or weight did not get there overnight.
Nor will it go away in a short period of time.
I am happy you have something to support you and fall back upon- your faith.
Keep up the good work.

Peace out.
Tree, my husband & I have suddenly developed "a line of communication" without the fear of hurting HIS feelings (one of my greatest worries). He's accepted the fact that HE WAS PUNISHING ME for what HIS MOTHER actually did. He was as shocked as I was when I found out how I had been in a cult-like atmosphere through the RC Church. He broke down, begged for forgiveness, he couldn't believe the abuse he directed at me & is TURNING TO GOD! I had saved some really abusive vmail messages on my cell phone from him & he couldn't believe it was actually HIM saying these things. I showed him my two wounds & how I got them & he just fell to the floor, crying in disbelief! :shock:

I KNOW alcoholics will DO ANYTHING b/c they are liars. Alcoholism IS A DISEASE. This disease can be cured & my husband attended a local AA Meeting for the support he needs. Once he quits drinking, we can get marriage counseling, but NOT until then.

I am much wiser now & won't fall for FALSEHOODS by him or anyone ever again. I am still "on guard" to his reverting back to the OLD EVIL ABUSER. :evil:

I HAVE ONCE AGAIN BECOME QUITE RELIGIOUS/SPIRITUAL & JESUS IS MY LIFELINE! :D
truster

Dont Give Your Power Away To Preachers

Unread post by truster »

If God is within you, why do you fall for the catholic misconception that a god is outside of you, and a preacher has the power to invoke god that is outside of you back into you.
I've read that in the egyptian days of moses they would put white powder gold ( Mana) into the bread, and drink wine to lower chloresteral.
So give up that nasty tasting host lacking the mana and that little sip of wine which doesn't have the power to lower chloresteral, therefore cant add power to your spirit and life longevity.
If you trace history back there was a certain time when the kings and queens arose. This was done to enforce a one world religion. Dont fall into that scam.
And almost every other religion is just an offshoot from a realized playjarisim, lacking the idealogy of every playjarisim.
just live every moment that god is within you, and give that one day a week back to yourself.
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

If the lifeline is working for you to move forward in your life, I'm all for whatever it takes.

That said, I do want to comment that saying "Jesus lives within all of us" is as much without proof and substance as JZ's claims to channel. Sorry, just going to say the statement is nonsensical as far as I'm concerned.

If by Jesus you mean a bacteria in my colon, then ok, he lives within me.

If by Jesus you mean a symbol of principles to live by or a reminder of the spirit within all of us, well ok I guess that is within me.

I appreciate your comment because it does remind me that I'd come to the end of my experience with Christianity (Catholic & Protestant) as providing any everyday value and that's how I began to explore other views and ended up with Ramtha.
tree

Unread post by tree »

for me, I am just allowing whatever beliefs she has to take her through.

In a political allegory, I would not much want to identify with being a republican nor a democrat,
just a democratic nation under one elected official and governing body to move us
in the greatest directed good of the country and out the the bloody mess we have ourselves in
at the moment.

May this be so for x aka optimystic......
Optimystic

Re: Dont Give Your Power Away To Preachers

truster wrote:If God is within you, why do you fall for the catholic misconception that a god is outside of you, and a preacher has the power to invoke god that is outside of you back into you.
I've read that in the egyptian days of moses they would put white powder gold ( Mana) into the bread, and drink wine to lower chloresteral.
So give up that nasty tasting host lacking the mana and that little sip of wine which doesn't have the power to lower chloresteral, therefore cant add power to your spirit and life longevity.
If you trace history back there was a certain time when the kings and queens arose. This was done to enforce a one world religion. Dont fall into that scam.
And almost every other religion is just an offshoot from a realized playjarisim, lacking the idealogy of every playjarisim.
just live every moment that god is within you, and give that one day a week back to yourself.
Truster,
WOW! I didn't mean to start a Jihad! :lol:

I DO NOT BELIEVE IN ORGANIZED RELIGIONS! Having been raised a "Catholic" from birth, I didn't realize the mind control I had been under all my life perpetrated by my parents (who unwittingly had also been born Catholic). While reading about RSE, I discovered that I had ALWAYS been in a cult-related environment. The parallels were shocking to say the least. EMF opened my eyes & my ears as to the GREAT EVIL.

I am a Catholic (as baptism is concerned) but I DO NOT SUPPORT THE CHURCH'S RIGHT TO DICTATE MY LIFE BY LIES & MAN-MADE LAWS. I am a non-practicing Catholic. I, however, do believe that somewhere, out there, there IS A HIGHER INTELLIGENCE. THE CREATOR OF ALL! I call him "THE GOD OF CREATION."

I don't need a go-between, such as clerics to speak to MY GOD, I don't NEED a church to worship HIM. He is within ME & He stands for PURE LOVE! THE CHURCH has been corrupted by MONEY & POWER. It has become a Club where you follow the rules & pay your dues in order to belong. RELIGION to me, is a "security blanket" for those who NEED TO BELIEVE IN SOMETHING & WANT TO BELONG...similar to RSE.

Truster said:
If God is within you, why do you fall for the catholic misconception that a god is outside of you, and a preacher has the power to invoke god that is outside of you back into you.
God is "inside" & "outside" of me...meaning that all the beauty in this world is HIM, THE DIVINE. That "little voice" that tells you something is wrong & raises "red flags" or that something is right...I call that GOD. We HAVE free will to either be destroyers or creators of the beautiful world that was created for us to all enjoy!

I WILL NEVER AGAIN GIVE POWER OVER ME TO PREACHERS, CONTROL FREAKS, THE CHURCH OR ANYONE! I do believe there is an ENTITY who is beyond all religious or scientific beliefs. I call HIM "DIVINE."

Feel safe in knowing that I KNOW how to appreciate the "Gift of Life."
Optimystic

Wakeup-Call wrote:If the lifeline is working for you to move forward in your life, I'm all for whatever it takes.
That said, I do want to comment that saying "Jesus lives within all of us" is as much without proof and substance as JZ's claims to channel. Sorry, just going to say the statement is nonsensical as far as I'm concerned.

If by Jesus you mean a symbol of principles to live by or a reminder of the spirit within all of us, well ok I guess that is within me.

I appreciate your comment because it does remind me that I'd come to the end of my experience with Christianity (Catholic & Protestant) as providing any everyday value and that's how I began to explore other views and ended up with Ramtha.
Wake-up,
Are you NOW an athiest? Do you ever wonder how you were created & how the Cosmos was created? Your personal experiences with Christianity were BAD EXPERIENCES, but don't use that as a ruler to measure other beliefs. I've also been scammed by Christianity, by the RC Church.

One "bad apple" can spoil the whole bunch! RSE & other cults are that "bad apple."
OMG what an analogy! :lol:

My belief is that "God The Divine" sent Jesus as a messenger to the world...To spread peace & goodwill! To teach us to be kind & loving people. Christianity perverted that belief with their hunger for WEALTH & POWER. :(

I hope that in your heart, you can forgive your previous experiences & use those experiences to teach others how damaging those beliefs are.

Are you still feeling there's something MORE out there? Look within yourself first...I'm sure you are a very good person & with your knowledge of the deceits of certain practices you have been associated with, use that knowledge in a constructive, creative way!
Optimystic

Tree wrote:for me, I am just allowing whatever beliefs she has to take her through.
In a political allegory, I would not much want to identify with being a republican nor a democrat,
just a democratic nation under one elected official and governing body to move us
in the greatest directed good of the country and out the the bloody mess we have ourselves in
at the moment.

May this be so for x aka optimystic......
Thanks Tree!

To be a "religious" person doesn't necessitate a life of prayer. My prayers are "personal" conversations with God. No need to speak to Him with the help of a Priest, Rabbi, Preacher, etc.

To be "religious" can mean so many things. When you see a breath-taking scene, hear a wonderful piece of music, see a magnificent painting, see the purity of a baby, see the love of a mother & child, etc.

Spirituality to me is that I've found my "Real Meaning" in LIFE! My Lifeline is what's inside ME & the wisdom to recognize it as such.
truster

Your Halfway there Optimystic

Unread post by truster »

It sounds like you have removed 50% of your catholic programming.
Now the next step is to say I'm not a catholic.
Now catholic defined means- all embracing
Or otherly defined -one world religion embracing the whole world.

Opti i was lowered by the catholic downbringing myself.
I never wanted to go to church as a kid, i thought it was boring and worthless.
And at 18 when i moved away from (far away from) home to get out of that grip to find my own truth. for years I still when asked what superstition (religion in latin) i belong to i still said catholic. Mainly because most people like to belong to a group of some sort.
I just didn't find a new group yet, so i didn't know of better response.
Now i just belong to my own truth, which at the deepest level is the god who made my soul, not giza intelligence trying to claim titleship to my soul, which is what saying I'm catholic will allow thier power to do to you.
Optimystic

Re: Your Halfway there Optimystic

truster wrote:It sounds like you have removed 50% of your catholic programming.
Now the next step is to say I'm not a catholic.
Now catholic defined means- all embracing
Or otherly defined -one world religion embracing the whole world.
truster,
I understand that many people who got involved with RSE was b/c JZ promised exactly what your religion wasn't teaching you, "Enlightenment!" She was against RELIGION, (she started her own using Ramtha) & wanted you to break all ties with your previous beliefs...after all, she was a Christ & told you that you could be one also. She told everyone exactly what they wanted to hear...devious. Ramtha could offer members the "hidden" truths that their current religion/beliefs were hiding. JZ used that as the bait & that's how she HOOKED her followers.

I'm being hypocritical by saying I am a Catholic just b/c of my Baptism since I DON'T practice Catholicism & have discovered that NOT ONLY Catholics, but most beliefs are based on many falsehoods, done intentionally or through ignorance by those transcribing the Bible from an ancient language.

I am a MORALIST! I think you can agree that morality has disappeared from the face of the earth...people killing each other b/c of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs, children experimenting with drugs & sex, children killing their parents, friends, etc. for NO REASON other than they disliked the person(s). I am a believer in the One God of Creation who is DIVINE & ALL LOVE.

I don't believe in a ONE-WORLD RELIGION. I DO BELIEVE every human being needs to feel LOVE for one another, first & foremost, they MUST LOVE THEMSELVES! The peoples of the world need to learn MORALITY.

Why is it so EASY to HATE but so DIFFICULT TO LOVE? :roll:
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

Opti - it sounds as though you are allowing yourself to see the beauty and God within. I was raised *very* strict roman catholic. All through my childhood I wanted to be a nurse/nun. Uh, but then hormones kicked in and I discovered "boys."...lol. The catholic programming and similarity to RSE is one of the things that kicked in about RSE. *I* was starting to feel *guilt* at RSE, ie, not doing all the disciplines (time constraints) etc. Then the talks by "the big guy/gal" shook my entire belief system on a "global" basis. I've read so much and witnessed so much of the eastern religions, and God was always portrayed as an all-loving, both female and male, yet neither and both at the same time, entity. There have been many who walked this earth before Jesus trying to teach the "golden rule," yet people failed to grasp the true meaning...as in the Gospel of St. Thomas where it is said, "you have drunk from the river and are intoxicated." We have to look at the true meaning of this. Does it mean one is merely "infatuated" with the teacher and not listening to the teachings, or practicing that golden rule? I, too, am baptized Catholic. But all the church did was instill fear within me, and massive amounts of guilt. I can't tell you how many boyfriends I lost as a young woman because even an arm's accidental brush across my breast made me jump with guilt!

My awakening began when I married a man from another culture, and even though we were married in the catholic church, (I wanted to raise our kids with *something*)...it wasn't until I experienced and allowed myself to understand the truth of this other culture's philosophies (again, misinterpreted by many of its own followers)... and there HAS to be a creator....a presence....or we do not exist.

And I do, in love and as much compassion as I can muster. I'm not angry with my parents for raising me as catholic, because that's all they knew, and they were probably more guilt-ridden and afraid of God than I was! (I must also add, this "guilt" kept me out of a LOT of trouble as a teen, because I might have been more "experimental" than I was for my own good.... :wink:

Opti - online comments sometimes just don't come across without an tonal/inflections. So sometimes our written words, in caps, are interpreted as one "shouting," yet it might be intended as something as, "what the heck?"..

The Jesus you speak of is a part of the whole, as we all are, and as such...dwells within. I haven't seen anything, imo, about you embracing your old beliefs, instead, see you evolving, and we all know what a process that is!....So the Divinity that is, the sublime essence that is the creator..is within and without us all....everywhere we look and everywhere we don't look.

The best to you on your journey!
~Aum~ <----good thing Jzrk didn't try and copyright that!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
truster

My previous beliefs were allready broken before rse

Unread post by truster »

I wasn't aware you were being hypocritical @ being a catholic.

And i learned about jehovah and his astral gang possesing the atlantean mystery schools, then moving on to the egyptian mystery schools after nibaru flooded atlantis way before i heard of rse. I read hundreds and hundreds of books during my seeking days before i ever heard of rse. most of rse material was in the books i read prior. that is why i hung around rse for a couple of years to see rse had to teach. I read allmost every book and listened to dozens of tapes within 4 months before my fisrt event. and at my first event i instantly noticed she couldn't keep her stories straight and i asked the current student did you notice she messed that story up, and they told me it is jz cell memories confusing ramthas speech. If any student falls for this i bluntly say your a fricken fool.
I'd have to say the only reason i stay in the local area is because the local churches are a bit humbeled from rse students.
the less books per capita designed for jehovah worship the better.
i do think jz is a terrible person, and the town has every reason to run her out on the flipside
And oddly enough every event i attracted a partner who mocked ramtha, and jz.
One time i needed to make a phone call and went into the security room and there were all my partners mugshots on the wall for standing up and yelling at jzr for being mean and disrespectfull to the students.
yeah thats who i flock with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Optimystic

G2G said:
Opti - it sounds as though you are allowing yourself to see the beauty and God within. I was raised *very* strict roman catholic. All through my childhood I wanted to be a nurse/nun. Uh, but then hormones kicked in and I discovered "boys."...lol.
I think I was born without hormones. :roll: Didn't ever think of boys as anything but other kids. I was a total Tomboy. Climbing trees, swinging on Tarzan vines, being the catcher on a baseball team which my Dad was the leader for all the local "boys." I wasn't interested in the boring girly girl things like dolls & other typical girl stuff. Boys were just boys to me...no hormones kicked in. Maybe I had them but my strict parents made me into a non-gender person. :lol: Oh, yes, the "beauty and God within." You see it too!
And I do, in love and as much compassion as I can muster. I'm not angry with my parents for raising me as catholic, because that's all they knew, and they were probably more guilt-ridden and afraid of God than I was! (I must also add, this "guilt" kept me out of a LOT of trouble as a teen, because I might have been more "experimental" than I was for my own good....
I think I spent more time in the "confessional" than anyone alive. lol I carried such guilt about everything, even when I stuck my tongue out at my Mom or Dad when they weren't looking--I "confessed" this as I believed it was a sin. My parents were probably like the way you describe yours & I am definitely not angry with them. They didn't know any better & they still practice Catholicism fervently. I was so afraid I was going to go to Hell & burn forever. :(
Opti - online comments sometimes just don't come across without an tonal/inflections. So sometimes our written words, in caps, are interpreted as one "shouting," yet it might be intended as something as, "what the heck?"..
Thanks for the advice. Sorry, I didn't even realize how that would be interpreted by others. I'll try to restrain myself or remove my caps key. lol
The Jesus you speak of is a part of the whole, as we all are, and as such...dwells within. I haven't seen anything, imo, about you embracing your old beliefs, instead, see you evolving, and we all know what a process that is!....So the Divinity that is, the sublime essence that is the creator..is within and without us all....everywhere we look and everywhere we don't look.
What you say about Jesus as a part of the whole & dwells within is exactly what I feel. I am "evolving" but I hope I don't turn into an ape! :lol:
Optimystic

truster said:
One time i needed to make a phone call and went into the security room and there were all my partners mugshots on the wall for standing up and yelling at jzr for being mean and disrespectfull to the students.
yeah thats who i flock with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good for you, wtg! :D
tree

Unread post by tree »

I can see this as being totally right on.
Now, if the students who are thinking this can actually bring that to the forefront of their
thinking as deduce:

hmm....she just DID change up that story.
And then start to ask some questions-with a totally open mind.
Difficult task when there has been some serious programming involved.

I pray for ONE HUGE blunder she makes.

Current students cannot possibly explain that one away and confuse it with "jz's cell memory".
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

Opti wrote: ""Thanks for the advice. Sorry, I didn't even realize how that would be interpreted by others. I'll try to restrain myself or remove my caps key. lol ""

I have a large Alsatian Schutzhund (GSD) who would be more then happy to do that for you. He's done it at least twice, for me and my husband. :roll:
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
Sad Grandfather
Location: Joe Reeves, Carthage, Mississippi http://joesue.com/

Unread post by Sad Grandfather »

Interesting thread on religion! I'll share my experience of being saved FROM the church. I was 44 years old and had been brainwashed frombirth with fundamentalist teachings. I had been having doubts, for years, about all the arbitrary stuff they were telling us at church. I had stopped attending regularly for some time, but still lived in constant fear that if I didn't believe everything I was told, that I would burn in hell for eternity. I had a terrible auto accident, was in a coma for 3 days, and after a lengthy stay in the hospital, came home with both arms and a leg in casts. The church folk started coming by to visit, and instead of offering comfort and asking if there was anything they could do, they were telling me that this was God's punishment for not being faithful to the church.

With nothing to do but sit in my wheel chair and think, I managed to think my way right out of the church and form my own beliefs. I faced up to some questions -
1. How do we know which is the one "true" religion?
Answer: Out of all the hundreds, if not thousands of religions, in the world, most telling their sujects that theirs is the only way to Heaven, how is one to know, which is right?? Logic says they can't all be right, in fact, no more than ONE could be right. Logic (God?) also told me that the God of the universe would not send one of his own to hell just because he happened to have been brainwashed from birth into the wrong religion. Therefore, I concluded, they were all of man and NONE of them were right.
2. Is there a God?
Answer: Which is more likely, that all the vast, infinite universe just "happened", or that there is an infinite power who created it all and controls it? I chose to believe their is a higher power.
3. Did God create the whole thing in 7 days, as told in Genesis?
Answer: What is a day? It is the time it takes the earth to rotate once on it's axis. BUT before the earth was here, what was a day? Maybe it was the time the universe rotates once or maybe the time between one 'big bang, until the galaxy stops expanding and collapses on itself to create the NEXT big bang. Even if the Bible was devinely inspired, it had to be written at the level of understanding of the people of the day and the actual writers, so many of the terms are meaningless.
4. Does God have a "personal relationship" with us? Does He micromanage our lives?
Answer: I prayer gives you comfort, go for it. BUT, if you then sit around and wait for God to answer your prayers, expect to have your faith tested. Remember, God is the controlling power of the vast, infinite universe. We live on a tiny speck of dust orbiting a very minor star in this universe. There are an infinite number of other stars with planets, which surely harbor other intelligent life. Sure, he is infinite and all powerful, but he set this thing up to run according to his natural laws and doesn't need to be constantly fiddling with it. Remember, God is infinite and all powerful. He is much farther above us than we are above that bacteria in the colon someone mentioned, or even an amoeba in our sewer.
5. Is there a place of punishment, i.e., hell for those who do not toe the line?
Answer: As mentioned above, would a loving God (or even an unconcerned one) sentence a person to eternal torment, because he was brainwashed from birth into the "wrong" religion?? Example: A child is born into a radical Muslim family. He is sung to, in his cradle about the glories of martyrdom. He is saturated with this teaching all his life. When he is 14, they strap a bomd on him and he goes to blow up a nursery school. He appears before God (now being all knowing) and say, "I can't believe I did such an evil thing!" Would God not say, "Welcome back to eternity, for you knew not what you were doing"?

My beliefs are now very simple: In the beginning (actually there can be no beginning, or end, of eternity), God created the Heavens and the Earth, along with the entire, infinite universe. How he did it, whether by big bangs, evolution, or whatever, is for Him to know and for us to wonder about. He set it up to run according to His natural laws, so it would continue to operate for eternity.

Then MAN created religion, in all it's many forms, and things have been screwed up ever since!

I have no problem with anyone's religion, if it gives them comfort, and does not do harm to themselves, or others. If you like my beliefs, welcome to them. If you want to join my 'church', forget it! Go start your own. :D
Down with Judith Hampton Knight!
Optimystic

Sad said:
My beliefs are now very simple: In the beginning (actually there can be no beginning, or end, of eternity), God created the Heavens and the Earth, along with the entire, infinite universe. How he did it, whether by big bangs, evolution, or whatever, is for Him to know and for us to wonder about. He set it up to run according to His natural laws, so it would continue to operate for eternity.
Yes, Sad, I believe God (or a higher power) created this beautiful "garden" called Earth & all inhabitants. I believe in the Alpha & Omega...The Circle of Life...The Beginning is The End. Religion is a "Club" where you pay dues & obey rules. I do not have a "religion." I am a "Moralist."

We are poor caretakers of this "Green Planet" which is not so green anymore! We hate those that don't have the same beliefs, we hate those that have a different color of skin than we do, we hate those who speak in another language, we hate - hate - hate!

Where's the Love? We all bleed, cry, eat, sleep, etc. If we can just judge a person (a fellow human being) for whatever goodness & intelligence is in him, "What a Beautiful World We Would be living in!"

Believe me, I Know what damage religion causes...I've lived it for 60 yrs. of my Life! But I've learned from the experience & I'm repairing the damage. :D
Whatchamacallit

Movie Suggestion

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

Sad Grandfather,

Thanks for your post (postS, actually). I really enjoyed that and personally, I agree with it. I don't see religions as any different than RSE; they are controlling, divisive, cruel at times, and if you mess up the deeply controlling "rules" (which is another subject, altogether!!), you are screwed. Oh...oops...unless you are a Christian who has accepted Jesus as your Savior, so you can be a total axxhole and get away with it (puleease)...and...the heck with the rest of the sinners. A hypocrisy.

Anyway, no offense to anyone...that is MY viewpoint.

Along the line of the damage that organized religion can do, someone suggested a movie to me months ago. Just last night, some of the kids, hubbers and I, chilled out on the sectional and watched it. I implore everyone reading this to watch this movie. It's disturbing...and in my opinion, the parallels to RSE are unnerving, yet, this is a fundamental, organized religion. The coercive persuasion tactics are subtle...and...directed at a CAMP for CHILDREN. 500 of them, actually. We watched it with our children that are, in our opinion, "old enough" to see it . We talked to them about it, though they're bright kids; there wasn't a whole lot to say. It spoke for itself, LOUDLY.

Title: JESUS CAMP

A riveting documentary offering an unfiltered look at a revivalist subculture where devout Christian youngsters are being primed to deliver the fundamentalist community's religious and political message. Building an evangelical army of tomorrow, the Kids on Fire summer camp in Devil's Lake, N.D., is dedicated to deepening the preteens' spirituality and sowing the seeds of political activism as they're exhorted to take back America for Christ. The woman pastor of the church says she's sorry...but...she does have THE CORRECT RELIGION. Fundamental Pentecostal.

If you google this movie, there are a boatload of video clips of it, too.

Rated PG-13
1 hour, 24 minutes

Available at NETFLIX in full length.
tree

Unread post by tree »

The church folk started coming by to visit, and instead of offering comfort and asking if there was anything they could do, they were telling me that this was God's punishment for not being faithful to the church.
so typical, and of RSE as well.

I admire your tenacity to sit in your chair and ponder these tough questions.
I find your "findings" illuminating.

Thank you SO much for sharing these with us.

whatcha-
thanks. I will check it out.
Optimystic

Just a little note to let everyone know my life has changed dramatically...for the better! :D

Thank you all for your support & advice. I Love all of you.

May your family members still in RSE see "the light" & come running home to you.

Have a Happy, Healthy & Successful New Year My Friends.
Sad Grandfather
Location: Joe Reeves, Carthage, Mississippi http://joesue.com/

Unread post by Sad Grandfather »

Optimystic wrote:Just a little note to let everyone know my life has changed dramatically...for the better! :D

Thank you all for your support & advice. I Love all of you.

May your family members still in RSE see "the light" & come running home to you.

Have a Happy, Healthy & Successful New Year My Friends.
Thanks for the sentiments Opti, and I hope you have a wonderful New Year, and a wonderful life in you new enlightened state! :lol:
Down with Judith Hampton Knight!

Return to “Family Members, Friends, Educators and the Cult Experience”