NYE

How to help if you have family or friends in RSE.
Marie

NYE

Unread post by Marie »

I spoke to mom a few minutes ago -- she is going to the arena tonight for the NYE teaching -- "creating your year"... It is freezing there, all that recent snow... and her back is killing her she tells me.... I can hear the wind blowing outside my own window -- I do not live near Yelm -- and the temperature here where I am is 26 ..... It makes me so sad to think of my mother outside, in the cold, back hurting, listening to BS for four hours and paid money she doesn't have for the "privilege"....I hope she doesn't get sick and I told her so, that I worry about her being outside in that weather.... She was annoyed with me for expressing my concern.... Probably because that would infer she is not a "god"......

Oh well... what can you do? I just needed to vent... She won't let me express my care and concern to her, so I express it here.

Happy New Year all.
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

That's too bad, Marie.

If it's any consolation, probably the only time she spent outside was at the end of the event to go outside and do a 30-minute walk on the field.

Also, I think it's a really good sign that she even shared with you her own concerns about the cold and her back.
She might have been annoyed with herself and not with you when you expressed your concern. Part of the teachings is not to express any reality other than the one you are trying to create...so she may have been thinking "Ugh, I shouldn't have said anything - now I'll have to focus even more to shake off this energy"

Just a thought, but if you want to do something that expresses your concern that helps her, you might send her a care package before her Feb/Mar retreat with some of those chemical heaters "hot hands" - I was so happy when I discovered those (and also that a lot of students use them). Also, one of the old-school hot water bottles. She can fill it where the hot water is for instant soups. Will warm up her sleeping bag and she could also use it behind her back when sitting in the arena.

There's a lot of excitement filled with hope and promise when first deciding to move to Yelm, then in making the move & settling in, then in attending your first events. Then the harsh reality slowly starts to set in when "magic" doesn't really arrive in day-to-day reality.

Hang in there!
tree

Unread post by tree »

great post Wake-up.
Nice ideas for her mum.
There's a lot of excitement filled with hope and promise when first deciding to move to Yelm, then in making the move & settling in, then in attending your first events. Then the harsh reality slowly starts to set in when "magic" doesn't really arrive in day-to-day reality.
I would have to agree with this.
The "harsh reality" though will not be evident though for quite some time.
The excitement, hope and promise of living "closer to the hub of the wheel" gives one a false sense if invincibility-
much like kids into their 20's who think they are indestructable.
The New Year's Eve event will flow into the "Create your Year" extra discipline weekend which will flow into the
required retreats and then spring comes. Gardening, BBQ's with wine and friends, the impromptu evenings all continue
to entice one.

Hopefully she has a very comfortable chair for inside the arena in the "older persons" section,
Usually the maintenance staff sees to it that those people are taken care of.
(definitely NOT the teaching staff or RedGuards-they are too busy taking care of their own personal needs).

Heck, you could even send a care package DURING her retreat with goodies in it.
Send it to the Ranch c/o of the Maintenance Dept with a note saying it is for a participant.
She would probably consider that quite the manifestation :wink:
but it would still be a nice gesture.

Yes, she will not be outside in the cold for more than the duration of registration and possibly the walk
at the end of the evening.
And the Blue Crew (Maintenance) will see to the comfortabilites of the older and infirmed during the required retreats.
Just know, she FEELS she is in a safe environment.
Marie

Unread post by Marie »

Heck, you could even send a care package DURING her retreat with goodies in it.
Send it to the Ranch c/o of the Maintenance Dept with a note saying it is for a participant.
She would probably consider that quite the manifestation
Hahaha -- I laughed out loud when I read that -- because she WOULD!...:-)... and it would be sweet for her besides.

Wake-Up and Tree, I appreciate your feedback and your suggestions are good, thanks.

I so appreciate having this board and the people here to talk to about it.
tree

Unread post by tree »

Happy New Year, Marie.
I think about you and your mother often. :P

Return to “Family Members, Friends, Educators and the Cult Experience”