Yelm NV News: JZK and McCarthy Settle New Zealand Lawsuit

Please support the RSE whistleblowers and citizen journalism and voice your concerns here. Act collectively and hold JZ Knight and the Thurston County public officials accountable for fraud and human rights abuse at RSE. This is about accountability and pursuing justice.
Qui tacet consentire
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Yelm NV News: JZK and McCarthy Settle New Zealand Lawsuit

Unread post by David McCarthy »

JZK, Inc. and McCarthy Settle New Zealand Lawsuit NV News
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2014 4:24 pm
By Nisqually Valley News YelmOnline.com
JZK, Inc. and McCarthy Settle New Zealand Lawsuit
A trial in New Zealand set for next Monday has been canceled after David McCarthy agreed to a permanent restraining order to stop releasing video recordings of information and techniques taught at Ramtha’s School of Enlightenment, including controversial videos.
“We have never disputed David’s right to lawfully criticize,” said Mike Wright, legal affairs manager for JZK, Inc. “We recognize that not everyone agrees with our philosophical model or our training. It is not meant to be for everyone.”
JZ Knight purports to channel a 35,000-year-old Lemurian warrior named Ramtha, and has tens of thousands of “students.” Her school is located just west of Yelm city limits.
McCarthy, a former Yelm resident, has been critical of RSE, including posting parts of several videos of Ramtha on YouTube and other Internet sites.
JZK, Inc., had filed a complaint on copyright and contract violations in New Zealand, where McCarthy now resides.
“I want to be clear that we offered David a settlement because in his Amended Statement of Defence in mid-March he admitted to editing our original videos, uploading them to the Internet, and he admitted that he had threatened to disseminate more,” Wright said. “Since these were the very points we would have had to prove at trial, his admissions proved our case for us. So we offered a settlement in which David agreed to a permanent injunction and he agreed to delete and destroy his copies of our videos.”
JZK, Inc., alleged in court documents filed in New Zealand that McCarthy violated a Conditions of Participation agreement he signed in 1993 when he released videos of JZ Knight, while purportedly channeling 35,000-year-old warrior Ramtha, making disparaging remarks about Catholics, Mexicans, gays and Jewish people.
The videos were recorded from a live video stream at the school intended for paying students. The school states the comments in the YouTube video were taken out of context.
The agreement students follow when joining RSE states, in part, “You are not authorized to teach what you learn here to others. It shall be a condition on your admission to the School that you shall not, directly or indirectly, teach others the information and/or techniques that you learn here; nor shall you assist or facilitate other persons in their teachings of these matters to others.”
The school recently won a lawsuit in Thurston County Superior Court against another former student, Virginia Coverdale, for allegedly violating a similar agreement. Coverdale also released a video of Knight on YouTube.
McCarthy runs a website, http://www.enlightenmefree.com, that alleges RSE is a cult.
JZK, Inc., claims in court documents McCarthy began posting videos, which included footage from RSE’s website or from VHS tapes, to YouTube as early as Sept. 10, 2012, under the username “enlightenmefree.”
JZK, Inc. contends it never gave McCarthy, or any other RSE student, permission to use its videos and claims McCarthy intends to further disseminate RSE materials.
The company also claims McCarthy violated its copyright, stating, “Mr. McCarthy has committed the acts of infringement … in flagrant disregard of the plaintiffs’ copyright to deliberately cause damage to the plaintiffs.”
McCarthy claimed the video segments were permitted under the fair use doctrine, an exception to copyright law that allows the limited use of copyrighted material without permission for certain uses.

JZK, Inc. and McCarthy Settle New Zealand Lawsuit - Nisqually Valley News: Local News

http://www.yelmonline.com/news/local_ne ... f887a.html
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Re: Yelm NV News: JZK and McCarthy Settle New Zealand Lawsui

Unread post by David McCarthy »

“I want to be clear that we offered David a settlement because in his Amended Statement of Defence in mid-March he admitted to editing our original videos, uploading them to the Internet, and he admitted that he had threatened to disseminate more,” Wright said. “Since these were the very points we would have had to prove at trial, his admissions proved our case for us. So we offered a settlement in which David agreed to a permanent injunction and he agreed to delete and destroy his copies of our videos.”
My response to the NV News article is more intended for the NV News Editor and RSE supporters.
Please feel free to add your comments.

"Its time the NV News stops legitimizing RSE as a School. RSE, Inc. is an Unlicensed, Non-Permitted business corporation selling goods and services that are deceptive, offensive and downright dangerous.
RSE has no educational accreditations to operate a private school, nor adheres to any checks and balances set in place by State and Federal laws to protect the public from unscrupulous business corporations.
The NV News does great disservice to its local schools and teachers who actually care about their student’s future and community. If a local teacher or principal behaved as JZ Knight there would be outrage followed by sackings. So what's the difference?

Regarding my March 2014 Statement of Defense as referenced in the NV News article.
The full version downloaded here: > http://freepdfhosting.com/61756e3c8e.pdf

My uploading 'edited segments' of these RSE videos is in regard to length of time, this was necessary to stay within the lawful guidelines of 'Fair Use Doctrine'. This should not be difficult for most RSE supporters to understand; I did NOT 'alter, edit, or overdub those diabolical and hateful words that came out of JZ Knight's spitting mouth. Don't you think I (or Virginia Coverdale) would have been sued for defamation if we had edited in those diabolical statements?
I understand how disturbing and confusing this situation is for most RSE supporters to somehow keep justifying JZ Knight's massive RSE cover-up using disingenuous indignations and false statements, matched with a slew of retaliatory lawsuits, the most recent directed against Glen Morgan (The Freedom Foundation), with attempts to deflect accountability and chill free speech. I would ask those wealthy RSE supporters funding JZ Knights litigation blitzkrieg to consider this, Is this behavior reflective of a spiritual leader? Or more the action of a bigoted bully, a moral monster and a coward?
Millions of dollars have now been given over to JZ Knight's legal wolves to suppress the truth of those videos from public scrutiny (perhaps even from you) while diverting attention away from the perpetrator by accusing the whistle-blowers as liars and lawbreakers. If I am such a lawbreaker of RSE copyrights why did JZ Knight offer to settle out of court?
About the settlement agreement.
This was only brought about after NZ legal aid acting as a De-Facto court forced my hand to settle by threatening to cut my funding. This occurred after I refused to settle. See NZ Legal Aid letter here>
http://freepdfhosting.com/3611d16038.pdf

About NZ Legal Aid.
Legal aid is not free, It's a Government payback loan with a lien placed on my property.
I considered moving forward as an (SRL) 'Self Represented Litigant' but I had then lost my lawyer and with my deteriorating health fighting this lawsuit for over a year. I decided best to accept the settlement offer.
Legal Aid agreed to continue my funding only to fund my lawyer's fees to the settlement agreement.
With a debt of over $40.000 in legal fees I will continue to pay back this loan with monthly installments.
I received no settlement payment whatsoever from JZ Knight .
These are the facts.
I believe based on my defense evidence under the lawful protection of 'Fair Use Doctrine' and Citizen Journalism, with the core of my defense that I signed a fraudulent 1993 RSE document with an imaginary entity, I would have won this lawsuit. I was fully prepared to have a JUDGE decide the outcome of this trial.
However, I do feel great relief the weight of this awful lawsuit is off my back. my sanity and family must now take first place in my life and I will move on. Melissa Genson, Virginia Coverdale, Brian Keay, Glen Morgan, Jeff Adams, Joe Szimhart, our EMF members...we bear no malice or hatred towards you or JZ Knight. We wish the truth about JZ Knight’s abusive, illegal and destructive activities at RSE to stop NOW before more innocent lives are lost and families torn apart. This situation is another major wake-up call for you and your families to get out of RSE. I believe you deserve to know the truth about JZ Knight, most of you joined RSE with good intent with high spiritual ideals.
We all deserve truth, justice and protection even when a powerful cult leader attempts to bury the truth through lawsuits, lies and threats. This may work within a cult's compound but not in the real world where people actually care about freedom of speech and Human rights. If you are afraid to question JZ Knight what does this tell you?
With that.... Please feel welcome to post on our EMF JZK/Ramtha RSE Supporters Debate Forum. Here> viewforum.php?f=39
Take care of each other, life is not an alone journey.
With kind regards,
David.

Related:

Fair use - Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

JZ Knight Videos now a public record in Thurston County - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al7K5q-4KGk#t=213

The Treatment of Psychopathic and Antisocial Personality Disorders:
http://www.ramas.co.uk/report3.pdf

Freedom Foundation Sued for Exposing JZ Knight, Politicians https://www.freedomfoundation.com/labor ... liticians/

Judge Denies JZ Knight’s Request to Suppress Vulgar Videos https://www.freedomfoundation.com/labor ... ar-videos/
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....

Return to “Lawsuits & Court cases - JZK,Inc - latest lawsuit - RSE Music Copyright Infringments”