Entitlement

If you are new to this forum and are looking for information that is particularly helpful and relevant to those who have recently left RSE and are starting their recovery process, this is a good place to start.
tree

Entitlement

Unread post by tree »

I didn't know where to put this, so mods, do what you will.....

Anyway, I was driving to my temp job today.
I have found it to be quite comfortable and don't really mind the daily routine.

But the thought occured to me while driving there this morning.

For as long as I can remember (joke, sort of 8) ) while in RSE, I totally resented the fact
that I had to go to work.
I could rationalize that to wanting to do more canning, finish the UG, do some disciplines....
But today, it occured to me.
For my entire tenure while in RSE, I hated going to work everyday because I just KNEW tha my
fabulous wealth was going to drop down any afternoon here, and here I was , schlepping my way along until
it appeared in my bank account!!!
It then occured to me that that is a form of entitlement, as I was in "Ramtha's School" and I had
the ultimate knowledge and I was deemed worthy of this fabulous wealth that I know I was creating elsewhere.
Wow.
I was blown away by this realization today.

At least I can get up in the morning and put my pants on and be happy knowing I am going to contribute in some
form for myself and to society.
That is SOOOO not present in a student's mind while at RSE.

(well wait now, don't go polling those brainwashed people! They will tell you the opposite, I am sure! :shock: )

*This can only be ralized once you are OUT of said group.

Any other ex members, I would like to hear any thoughts you have.
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

tree said, "At least I can get up in the morning and put my pants on and be happy knowing I am going to contribute in some
form for myself and to society.
That is SOOOO not present in a student's mind while at RSE."

Yup, exactly.

With all of the political debates going on these days, the news of the economy, etc., I've been watching SOME television (RARE for me). One program that was on, reflected on past presidents' speeches. A recent president was quoted as saying that the American people are the hardest working people anywhere, which is what makes our country so great. So, I started to think about the internet, personal chats with moms at the bus stop, my adults kids, the neighborhood, parks, etc. In talking to others, and hearing the REAL American people; what I experience for "real" every day, not just the hype we're presented with on the media, which could be biased, I keep coming back to the same thought.

I reflect on families in other countries. Their economy is in flux, also. My kids have this gorgeous, glossy pictured book on families of the whole world. We don't even speak the same languages; yet, we do.

Yet again, I keep coming back to a simple belief; the purpose of life is spectrum of love. Love is divine.

Every day, whether we are "just" a stay-at-home mom (being unpaid is my point, not in a denigrating tone), or a blue collar worker, a high-powered executive, the President of the U.S.A., or a newborn baby; we each have something to offer.

When we're born, we "take" from others, and if we can all do a "good enough" job raising our kids, replete with mistakes, but balanced out with enough love to override the "oops-es", we then produce people who "give" back because they're able to on all levels.
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

Tree, omg, I can completely relate to that attitude about "my fabulous wealth will be here any day and I can shove off from this life as a minion." I know I didn't do myself any favors professionally by carrying that chip on my shoulder even though I never said as much out loud.

So now I am back to making better strategic decisions for my career and financial future.

At one point, I had a great consulting job that I enjoyed, made $100k the year it was sold to a nation-wide consulting firm but I quit right before Y2K because Ramtha said so...because I would be flying to a client the weekend of 1/1/2000. Doh! Took 5 months off to do disciplines, drink wine and watch for Omega "any day"....sooooo dumb....but so real and "logical" to me at the time. I ended filing bankruptcy and starting over professionally. It's taken 6 years but I'm back to the work I was doing and enjoyed and was well-paid for when I first decided to move to WA.

But I know I still am addressing the subtle programming that a life of greatness wouldn't include something so mundane as an 8-5 job.
Jingz

Re: Entitlement

Unread post by Jingz »

One of the reasons why I find this site so valuable and therapeutic is because you could read for days and days and all the posts are relevant no matter when you take a look.

This topic resonates with me for when I was first realizing the sham and trying to find my way in the mundane. Purpose + Love is the course for creating true miracles in our lives, because they really are all around us and we notice them when we take our focus off the bags of money that will surely be falling from the skies any minute!

Why do I want to give up the emotional hit I get when one of my sons scores a basket, turns to catch my eye, and I am able to witness him GROW? Or when you see their lightbulb go on as you're trying to help them navigate through some personal problem? Those are the real jewels, ad all the bags of money in the world can't give you those! The one lesson that I learned at buxdeluxe college is that ATTITUDE is everything,, and if I put as much effort into the happiness and well being of my family as I did towards those teachings, then I would truly be manifesting something of worth!

Back to the point of entitlement, my family member came back to live with us after she was so sick and desolate, although it wasn't without it's frustrations, it was upon my insistence as I knew she really needed us. Well instead of being grateful, she was really acting more entitled. She's already been miffed at me for realizing the sham, why can't I just stay disillusioned? Now she's looking around proud of herself for what SHE has created! HER miraculous God created this nice home and people to wait on her hand and foot! She's sick, but not too sick to drink wine every night, not too sick to scoff down dinner i just made and push her plate aside to go lie on the couch while I clean
up! Her first few days here she sat waiting for someone to make her breakfast at 11 after she did her walk and candle of course! And when you have to tell her the same things day after day, you say 'don't you remember we talked about this yesterday?' she'll say 'sorry I don't live in the past' :shock:

Jingz
WofthesunEofthemoon

Unread post by WofthesunEofthemoon »

Perhaps it's time for a gentle reminder to this family member, Jingz, that it is you who have manifested all the kindnesses towards her and that she has actually managed to manifest nothing. :)

W.E.
WofthesunEofthemoon

Which, I hasten to add, would become only too apparent if you were to ask her to leave.
Vanilla

Unread post by Vanilla »

Tree
To me the disciplines were work. I did them 7 hours a day. Cards one hour, grid one hour, mirror , candle etc..all one hour. I sat in dark bathroom with lights off for c&e and I did it for about an hour.

That was work. That is what we were told to do in the school. An event was how you were supposed to live your life. Get up 5, stare at clouds. Listen to frog chorus when you go to bed.

That's what all the teachers said they did. Hours and hours each day.

3 am was the witchy hour to do your neighborhood walk. Thats when JZ does hers, she said.

People moved to Yelm in order to do the work full time.

When you go to food banks and live off others, who cares since you are doing the "Great Work". That is your job. Everything else...is just the unenlightened.
Jingz

Unread post by Jingz »

Wots,

Believe me my patience was stretched to it's limits on more than one occasion, and when I felt she was strong enough I got honest with her. She went back to buxdeluxe college for her followup and hasn't returned, I think she is waiting for Dec 21st :roll: but who knows she may want to stay to create her year! Although I am enjoying the break, I worry about her there, her living conditions are damp and I don't think she eats properly. Who knows what drunktha has in store for them, she's waaaaay down the rabbit hole!

Jingz
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

Hi Jingz,

It seems that your family member has the resources to manifest the considerable funds required to be able to hang out at RSE. Why not then allow her to manifest some cooking, cleaning and doing laundry while she enjoys your hospitality. Maybe I'm not loving enough, but growing up, we were expected to do our chores and see to it that we laundered our clothing if we were going to have something clean to wear. I'd say, let the family member burn through all her fresh clothing until she's got nothing presentable to wear, then point her in the direction of the laundry machines or the nearest laundromat. I'll bet there's nothing like having to manifest some good old fashioned elbow grease to get chore work done to put the [lack of] value in doing hours and hours of silly disciplines into perspective.
WofthesunEofthemoon

Given your love and compassion, I am sure you are still worrying about your family member, Jingz. But you have to look after yourself, too.

I'm with everything that Ockham has to say about this. We don't help people best by doing everything for them, which, in this case, would also be enabling your fm in her delusions.

W.E
Jingz

Unread post by Jingz »

Yes, yes guys, thanks for all your responses.

To Vanilla, you are right if you are sincere and do ALL your disciplines to the letter, you won't have much time for anything else, but of course you won't have to hold down a real job, it will be enough for you to collect all the falling bags of money you reap from your sincerity!

West and Okcham, your points are valid, especially when I have thought that if the shoe were on the other foot, I doubt our kindness would be reciprocated, my whole family has been very gracious throughout, and in a weird way has brought me closer to my teenage sons. (again unseen jewels you don't expect!). It's the sheer selfishness and sense of entitlement and pure delusion that weighs.

If someone works to make a beautiful meal and presents it to you, and then you thank your God for creating this for you....well you're delusional, I guess you could thank your God for putting you in the time and place to receive the meal, but you didn't create it! Nor the home nor all the love and memories that have been experienced here throughout the 25 years you have been gone. While you are here you are EXPECTED to add to the harmony, and your sheer presence doesn't cut it I want you to fell comfortable here, but it won't be my main goal.

Believe me, I'm not going for martyrdom either, so you guys are right, I have to make sure I don't feel like I'm losing my mind either. HAH add to all this the chronic ramthababble because there's not much original thought left in there anymore. I have left her free to have her own beliefs, but when she rambles, I slam her, that's when we argue, so I tell her not to bring it up then.

Rooster has touched on this on other posts, but the delusion really extends to the fact that they refuse to believe they are aging, denying they are sick...they TRULY BELIEVE they just need to focus a little harder and along with the bags of money, they will miraculously get back their 35 year old body and the health that went along with it. Maybe at whatever age you got indoctrinated you BELIEVE you stay? And they wear every style jz does, 50% of the wardrobe comes from the spiritual gangster line!

Lol

Jingz
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

Yes! the ramster egoism really gets under my skin. If one does an act of kindness, the ramster is as likely to thank God as to thank you for the act of kindness. Ramsters think, "the God I am," so the ramster is in effect thanking himself for manifesting your act of kindness. I'd be inclined to think God probably has a part in everything, but in a more abstract way than ramsters see it.

The hugging plates of food and lifting glasses of water and thanking the water or toasting Ramtha gets old in a big hurry when ramster guests are around.

This is off topic a bit, but Vanilla mentioned it as part of the disciplines: the cotton pickin' frog CD that ramsters play incessantly! Arrrgh! Enough with the frogs already! I know the frog CD supposedly has subliminal positive aphorisms (though #58, I think, is mysteriously not listed.). I wonder if there is any other undocumented brain washing embedded in that recording?

Also, the neglecting the health or disregarding financial responsibility is a problem due to delusional ramster denial: they're going to change the time line to one where they don't owe their bills, etc.

Return to “Starting Your Recovery Process”