A STATE OF MIND - Fact or Fiction?

California Dreamin'

A STATE OF MIND - Fact or Fiction?

Unread post by California Dreamin' »

I was asked a question this week by my therapist when discussing JZR. I mentioned the book, A State of Mind, and asked if she would be interested in reading the book. In reply, she asked me if the book was "fiction" or "non-fiction." It hadn't occurred to me that the book itself and JZR's story might be fabricated. I had always assumed it was a true autobiography.

So, I pulled out my copy of the book and began flipping through it. I had the realization that the book might very well be merely a product of JZR's imagination, much along her current theme of "for as long as I can remember, I have always:

? been the founder two cable TV corporations
? been extremely humble and down-to-earth, a mere country bumpkin
? been a tea-totaler
? had miraculous (undocumented) healings
? received comments on my fabulous physical beauty (in fact, I am so beautiful I was approached to be in a movie, because with my good looks surely I should be in movies)
? etc.

I realize the above list is just her superficial claims, but I read the book 20 years ago and I don't remember all of the Ramtha stuff. However, flipping through the book, on just about every page there is some kind of reference that makes my skin crawl. She writes about herself as if she is truly in love with herself, about how Ramtha chose her to be his channel because she is such a "simple" person. Ramtha's story unfold in the book, as if it is gospel.

She very well might have fabricated her entire life (after high school) in this book. Her story might be one big lie. Can ANYONE from her past be reached for comment.?? Maybe she got the idea of channeling Ramtha after learning about Edgar Cayce (although she claims never to have heard his name before Ramtha entered her life).

Here is an 2006 quote from David McCarthy on Factnet, discussing The Life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far East :

"I remember JZ Knight touting these books as an example of 'The Great Work' and made these books required reading. She started calling the locals 'The Villagers' and RSE students 'The Masters'. JZ Knight is now presenting herself as a 'spiritual leader' and billing her self alongside 'Ramtha' but it has fallen flat. I suspect she realizes that the 'Ramtha gig' will eventually collapse under its own deceptions, She wants so much to be the star in her own show. "

Also from the same Factnet thread:

The following is an excerpt from a paper written by cult expert Joseph Szimhart. The paper was titled: "Denouncement of the Prophet's Cult."

CUT stands for Church Universal Triumphant and the Ballards are founders of the I AM Activity.

CUT's formation, however, depended primarily on two mediums and their teachings: Guy and Edna Ballard, who founded the I AM Activity in 1934. CUT reveres Guy Ballard, a.k.a. Godfre Ray King who died in 1939, as an 'Ascended Master'. The Ballards were an eccentric couple who dabbled extensively in occultism, New Thought, Christian Science and Theosophy for some years before appointing themselves as Messengers of the Ascended Masters, a.k.a. the Great White Brotherhood.

It would seem that "The Life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far East" are a work of fiction............
Baird T. Spalding is the attributed author.

Beyond Theosophy, New Thought, and the Silver Shirts a fourth significant influence came from Guy Ballard?s personal contact with Baird T. Spalding, who wrote Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East. This was a series of six volumes, the first published in 1924. Spalding lived with the Ballards briefly in 1929. (22) In his series he recounts his claimed adventures from 1894-98 in India and the Tibetan region where he and his party of eleven met superhuman "masters" with magical powers who initiated them into mysteries of the great I AM. Despite his claim to the contrary in volume one, Spalding had not been to the Far East until after his third volume was published in 1935. Both Spalding and Ballard wrote their adventures in the magical autobiography genre, a euphemism for writing from the imagination. CUT promoted the Spalding series in their bookstore at conferences I (Dr. Joseph Szimhart) attended in 1979-80 and members I knew believed the stories literally.

What I'm getting at is that JZR's fraud might have been born in her head many many years ago, back when she was visiting metaphysical bookstores and discovered pyramid power. Perhaps a bell went off in her head and she developed her get rich scheme.

There is no co-author on her book, and no one to verify any of her claims.

I also wonder if the white book, Ramtha, also a crock. Has anyone ever interviewed Steven Weinberg?
tree

Unread post by tree »

I, for one, would really like a conversation with her ex-husband, the dentist.
or did he get hit with a $$$ gag order?

very good food for though.
Fact or fiction?

dang....as if being in a cult wasn't enough...now the thought of someone fabricating the entire
thing...well, I guess, is not so far off.

I would also like to know what her kids really think as well.
But, since mommy bought their houses, etc, I am sure they just want to let lying dogs...well...you know.....lie...... :wink:
tree

Unread post by tree »

? been the founder two cable TV corporations
? been extremely humble and down-to-earth, a mere country bumpkin
? been a tea-totaler
? had miraculous (undocumented) healings
yes, exactly which two cable corporations? and I am sure they have been bought out by now
(being as successful as they were), but I want documentation.
tea- totaler...HAHAH only the people who take out her garbage should know :wink: (oops,
did I say I ever did that? :roll: )
miraculous (undocumented) healings.....I ESPECIALLY want the one documented with her son with that puffy face syndrome
as well as her post "NeighborHood Walk" lung scan that cost "oh heck! $750!!!" What did THAT one reveal, and what did
subsequent ones reveal? Where is the proof? Where is the documentation? I think journey through Ramtha land can
vouch here, there is, nor ever WAS, any documentation. WTH kind of "school" is that?? WITHOUT documentation??
Show me where it sais, "Master's Degree" from an accredited school.
C'mon current students! Wake Up! ( I stole that line. :lol: :lol: HAHAHA!)

There is no valid proof of ANY healings, JZ's non-emphysema, JZ's huge successes of her former cable companies,
no peer reviewed hard core scientific evidence that Ramtha even exists, nor any other DOCUMENTATION!!
Jingz

Re: A STATE OF MIND - Fact or Fiction?

Unread post by Jingz »

What about the story of how she made all her money by getting into Primus on the ground floor, does anyone know if that is true?

Another thing I wanted to mention was the story in her book about rambles warning her about going back to the house because there would be danger there. First off, there isn't an ounce of belief about any of this in me. What I think is that story is included to give the brainwashed a glimpse of what the dtc will look like when the marauders come knocking. I remember it amping up my fear meter at the time.

I read a post recently from Wakeupcall that I couldn't agree with more, if it's all going to end, I want to go in the first wave!
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

Isn't the story that JZ knight's son was involved in Primus and talked Mom into investing? If it was Primus Telecom, they went bust in 2009. If JZ dumped her stock at the right time, she might have made considerable gain. If JZ huung on, she might have been taken to the cleaners on the stock.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/03/ ... 6820090316

It would not surprise me to find out that much of JZ Knight's life story as Knight tells it is fiction. I recall reading either here or on Bravenet that the timing of events as told by Knight around the time Knight ditched the dentist husband is out of sequence and essentially impossible.
Xylofone

Unread post by Xylofone »

I read in archived news reports found through archive.org that she was a cable TV salesman! Nothing to do with production. This was in at least 2 different articles. They called her "former cable TV salesman, JZ Knight..."

Also there is no way her book is an autobiography. An autobiography has strict standards in the literary world and you can't describe experiences you never had or postulate what experiences you might have had or create experiences that other people may have had. It must be based on fact. Reconstructing dialogue is fine but only to a degree.

In her book she says she never met her sister Bootsy, and only learned about her from "bits of a conversation between my mother and my sister, Wanda."

From "bits of a conversation" she managed to create 4 pages full of intense descriptions of Bootsy's demise, including describing scenes that nobody else was witness to (Bootsy's death), and so many details that could not have been based in facts gleaned from overhearing "bits of a conversation."

It's fiction, all the way. People like to say she can't possibly be faking Ramtha because Ramtha is such a good storyteller. Anyone who holds that opinion ought to read A State Of Mind to see who the original storyteller is. She's real proud of it, too. She wrote it all by herself as she likes to say.

Return to “Ramtha & the Biography of Judith Hampton Knight”