science of mind & jz 2006

joe sz

science of mind & jz 2006

Unread post by joe sz »

earlier today I went to a metaphysical fair or Annual Holistic & Spiritual Expo. It was in a Fire Company hall. I paid a $5 entry fee for the privelege of visiting perhaps a hundred exhibits. beyond the usual psychic readers, massage folks, reiki masters, and crystal healers there were pet psychics, a bizarre asian message therapist who was really entertaining to watch, a few pseudo-Indian shamans and many rock and semi-precious gem sellers. It's been ten years since I've been to one these events but I see not much has changed. I did stop to speak with an older gentleman who people seemed to ignore at his booth. He was a Science of Mind practitioner, maybe in his mid-sixties, a bit nerdy in appearance with his light khaki pants and polyester pin-stripe white shirt. he was slightly balding with his gray hair in a wavy comb-over. He was a very nice fellow to chat with. he was surprised that i knew something abut Ernest Holmes, the founder of Science of Mind. he expected me to think L Ron Hubbard founded it lke most who came by his booth. We talke a bit about New Thought and the Alliance.

Anyway, he was giving away old Science of Mind magazines. I took one that had JZ Knight's picture on the cover--Feb 2006 Vol 79, No 2. It featured an 8 pages interview with JZ. I wonder if anyone else has seen this?
It contains the usual JZ blather about her channeling history w Ram, how she "dies" to her body when R enters her, and how we can create our own reality. JZ says that in 1977 "When Ramtha pulled me out of my body, I quickly floated to the ceiling next to a cobweb looking down on my own body.....he kept my body alive while i was gone."
She says she was in a "tunnel" like the sleeping prophet E Cayce.

JZ claims that "around 70 million other American people" are into the same self-gnosis or "subjective" path as she is.

"In Americas there is a greater addiction to victimization than there is to heroin. There is a greater addiction to sexuality and control than there is to smoking pot. There is a greater addiction to religion because religion creates an addiction to superiority and 'having it over' someone else. That's called power....Our addictions are reflected in our religion."

I see from this interview that in 2006 Ramtha's daughter still have foot in mouth disease.
littlewiseone

Re: science of mind & jz 2006

Unread post by littlewiseone »

joe sz wrote: I see from this interview that in 2006 Ramtha's daughter still have foot in mouth disease.

Haha! That's funny ;-)

Was she saying 70 million other Americans follow her teachings ...? Can we say delusions of grandeur??
...and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...

- The Beatles
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

No. I think she meant that Ramtha is in the same milieu as all those folks exhibiting and seeking for "healing" and "energy" at the psychic fair I attended. Here's the statement:
"What I'm really honored to know about myself along with aboout seventy million other American people is that what we consider most important is that our opinion be based upon our own experience. There are about seventy million people in this country who have begun a subjective search to find out where they originate from, as well as searching for the meaning of their lives. So we're ridiculed because we represent what could become an epidemic. And what could that epidemic be? That we know our own mind! That we want to know ourselves!....That God lives in us and our greatest objective is to make known the unknown. That can't sit well with the corporate world or with religion, which have done a lot to take the power of God out of us. Ramtha teaches people that God is in them and that each person creates the nature of his reality."
pp 79-80

I do not know where the 70 million count comes from.
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

correction:
i wrote
She says she was in a "tunnel" like the sleeping prophet E Cayce
In that Science of Mind article JZ says she went to bookstores after 1977 at the direction of R to help herself answer questions about "What is this? What am I to do?"
"I'd gone to bookstores on his direction and once found 'There is a River', about edgar Cayce. I came home excited. Is this what I am? A 'sleeping prophet', you know? But I wasn't asleep. I was awake, up with the cobwebs on the ceiling. And Ramtha said, "No, you're what is known as a channel. You're not in a trance because you're not in your body. If I didn't have your body, your body would die because you're already in the tunnel. You're already going though dimensional change." [p 76]

JZ goes on to claim that she is like the 'ancient' prophets who were also 'channels' of God and she is not in a trance or a trance channel.
"While I am gone Ramtha uses the cerebellum of my brain to express his personality and mind." [p 76, Science of Mind feb 06]

Let's unpack this a bit. Let me start with the last item: Ramtha used JZ's 'cerebellum'.
"The cerebellum, or "little brain", is similar to the cerebrum in that it has two hemispheres and has a highly folded surface or cortex. This structure is associated with regulation and coordination of movement, posture, and balance.

The cerebellum is assumed to be much older than the cerebrum, evolutionarily. What do I mean by this? In other words, animals which scientists assume to have evolved prior to humans, for example reptiles, do have developed cerebellums. However, reptiles do not have neocortex.
http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/kinser/ ... cerebellum

Unless JZ meant to say cerebrum [neo-cortex] she is saying that ramtha is actually aligned with a very primitive part of her brain, the same part that reptiles have as a brain. Therefore, Ramtha must have the personality of a snake or a Komodo dragon ;-)

Re the 'tunnel' thing that OBE and NDE folks like to talk about, I have no idea what the 'tunnel' or death passage has to do with hanging out in a cobweb near the ceiling :roll:
Caterpillar

Unread post by Caterpillar »

Joe

I attended an intro event in 2005 with JZ appearing LIVE. She said she was NOT happy that she left behind the cobwebs in her house cleaning procedure. She had prided on being a spotless housewife.

Ramtha has confirmed that he uses the lower cerebellum or reptilian part of her brain. :shock:

The whole Ramtha story sounds so ridiculous now. The only way I've coped is to put Ramtha in with Borat and Bruno (Sacha Baron Cohen's fictional characters).

Just imagine Borat or Bruno at the wine ceremonies ... quite similar to some students' behavior.

:lol:
Kensho

Unread post by Kensho »

Therefore,
Ramtha must have the personality of a snake or a Komodo dragon ;-)
That would certainly explain the entity's predatory nature...and the forked tongue as well.

Ramtha has confirmed that he uses the lower cerebellum or reptilian part of her brain.
What is puzzling is why Judith claims there is a change in her body temp, heart rate, blood pressure etc when Ramtha is using the very part of the brain that governs such things. Surely an "entity" with the power to take over someone's cerebellum would also know how to do that without causing such a disruption in the body?

They should also have the ability to restore the sensory perception around the mouth (likely lost to botox) so the constant need to wipe saliva from the corners of it could be done away with.

Gee, come to think of it, they would also be in possession of the power to counteract that annoying dry cough coming from the "overwork of the fifth seal" as well.

I'm with you Cat, perhaps the best way to cope is to accept the most plausible explanation; that Ramtha is a fictional character. That doesn't make everything alright...but seeing it that way at least allows us the grace to have the odd :lol: :lol: .
California Dreamin'

Unread post by California Dreamin' »

The whole Ramtha story sounds so ridiculous now. The only way I've coped is to put Ramtha in with Borat and Bruno (Sacha Baron Cohen's fictional characters).

Just imagine Borat or Bruno at the wine ceremonies ... quite similar to some students' behavior.

OMG, Cat, that is just too, too funny. That would make for an incredible movie. :lol: :lol: :lol:
littlewiseone

Unread post by littlewiseone »

She has always said that 'ramtha' comes into her body through her lower cerebellum, the 'old' brain or the 'seat of the subconscious'. This would not be an insult in ramster terms because this is the brain that supposedly holds the history of all things past present and future, the memories and experiences of all creatures who have ever lived, the all knowing brain... apparently there was a point in evolution where we gained the cerebrum and this is when we started to disconnect from this 'greater mind'. Regardless, it's still hogwash! :roll:

Oh, and poor Sacha Baron Cohen... he's way better than JZ imo! Besides being more entertaining, he's better looking... ;-)
...and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...

- The Beatles
Xylofone

Re: science of mind & jz 2006

Unread post by Xylofone »

Does anyone have a copy of that magazine available or a transcript of the interview?

I found the archived URL
http://somarchives.org/som-magazine/ite ... ruary-2006

But the site says they are working on rearchiving everything, so the link doesn't work.

Return to “Ramtha & the Biography of Judith Hampton Knight”