guestspeaker

This is a thread to debate the pseudoscience that RSE promotes, versus the science of our current day.
ex

guestspeaker

Unread post by ex »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV9FttggmzE&NR=1 Special Message from Gen. Stubblebine and Dr. Laibow. they get a piece of the pie as it seems, they r guestspeaker.
Kensho

Unread post by Kensho »

:lol: :lol:
For a minute there I thought that the video link was a satire, and that this post was intended to be placed in the "LAUGHTER: A HEALTHY PART OF MOVING ON" forum.

Dr. Laibow says that hundreds of thousands of people will see the video and that if each would just send $5.00/month, then they'd have enough money...
Do the math folks. Then ask yourself what sort of a 'war' are these two intending to fight when they 'need' that kind of money...and why doesn't RSE see this sales pitch for what it is?
Could it be that red in the rainbow thing?

I'm certainly not supportive of CODEX... but thanks for the chuckle, ex.

Much love, Kensho
ex

Unread post by ex »

the other part is cia agents ex army they all sign papers [probably more watertight than jzrs] to not give info of theire jobinsights if they would there is enough material for getting them on a nonpublic military triel and locked up. so thats proof to me that most of them are lieing and are probably conspierecie nuts.
ex

Unread post by ex »

http://www.rossinst.com/about_dr_colin_ross.html......i dont get this one.he should know how cults work. does he come to explain jzs technics? ....http://www.law.arizona.edu/faculty/getp ... 6...wonder if this guy knows were he speaks.
Kensho

Unread post by Kensho »

Of course he knows...birds of a feather, flock together. Apparently he has an interest in dissociative disorders (Judith/Ramtha), and also claims that he has Googley-eyes! Maybe that explains why he's speaking at the upcoming Blue College event...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_A._Ross

From the above link:

Ross specializes in posttraumatic stress and dissociative disorders (e.g., dissociative identity disorder) and has written many books and research papers.

In 2008, Dr. Ross applied for the James Randi Educational Foundation's One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge with the claim that he can shoot beams of energy out of his eyeballs and cause a speaker, receiving no other input, to sound a tone.[5] During later correspondence with Dr. Steven Novella of The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe, he conceded that the equipment he was using was, in fact, a biofeedback machine attached to his laptop, and that the laptop was responding in a well-understood way to an eye blink. However, he claimed that he could still send energy beams out of his eyes, and was working on modifying the software to ignore an eyeblink.[6] His claim has not currently been tested by the JREF however he was awarded with the 2008 Pigasus Award for it.

:lol: :lol:
Much love, Kensho
Vanilla

Re: guestspeaker

Unread post by Vanilla »

I saw Stubblebine and Laibow.

They seemed like very paranoid people.

Stubblebine said and was corrected by SteveK that he thought they were coded, on their plane tickets when they flew, to be pulled aside and searched. It turns out Steve worked in airport and said the code meant something really harmless.

Anyways, he said the movie Men who stare at goats was written about him. I have the movie. In it a guy tries to run thru a wall over and over. He actually ADMITTED THAT. That he used to run into walls.

Laibow, lives in Panama, in fear of this thing called Codex that was supposed to go into effect last year. Saying that all herbs, and natural cures, all organic food was going to be illegal.
She thinks her life is in danger when in America. I was surprised to see her here.

The two of them are married and they made cute sex jokes.

WHO IN THE AUDIENCE WORKS FOR THE GOVERNMENT, he said. Then he said, I WILL NOT DISCLOSE CLASSIFIED INFORMATION< I PROMISE THAT.

It was dramatic.
appealing

Unread post by appealing »

WTF?!?! I lasted about 30 seconds into that video before thinking it looked a bit too much like 'A Beautiful Mind' in real life. What an absolute pity that what looks like paranoid schizophrenia has been allowed to take such a rampant toll, untreated, and as an addition to that, the delusions have also been shared in an audience of impressionable people at the ranch. I can only imagine my once close friend sitting there taking it all in and adding it to her mental list of all that is going to ruin the world. :sad: At least she has a lot of food stored...

Appealing
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

Something that fascinates me is there seems to be an almost universal human pedelection that assumes anything unfamiliar or out of the ordinary is: 1. fearful, and 2. should be explained by the most convoluted theory possible.

Take bar codes on packages for instance. You can find tons of conspiacy theories on the Internet ranging from government plots to the anti Christ or whatever. If you're not an electrical enginner, the bar codes are like magic. Wave toothpase in front of a machine, and it mysteriously knows what you have and how much it wants you to pay. To technicians, the code scanners are made from pretty ordinary parts and just transcribe a number from a package. Instead of going to the library to get a technical instrction manual to see how the machine works, pseudoscientists would rather make up a wild story.

I suppose this human reaction in the dim past was a useful survival mechanism. It is probably a good adaptation to be at least a little concerned about things that you've never seen before popping up in your environment. Now, it just serves to get us sidetracked. Time to evolve.

My reality check is that the US government has enough trouble just bumbling through routine bureaucracy. I would be surprised if the government had the intellect and energy to pull off all the back ops, let alone have enough savvy to keep it all secret. Even aliens probably wouldn't have enough patience.

Return to “Pseudoscience & RSE”