Constellations

For general chit chat on RSE related topics. You are walking through the woods and come upon a group socializing around the campfire. Pull over a log to sit on and join us. Introduce yourself here! Pages 1 & 2
WofthesunEofthemoon

Constellations

Unread post by WofthesunEofthemoon »

Hi Everyone,

I have only just clarified for myself that the opening sequences to the EMF message board show the constellations of the northern skies. I had, at first, thought that I had caught sight of the red planet mars amonst the starry artwork, but then found, upon looking further, that the 'big dipper', (the plough) was also there. Yes, the precise view that I have of the night sky from my own windows and garden here in the UK. Just beautiful. Additionally, the most important quote from Winston Churchill: 'The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but, in the end, there it is.' Take note, Judith Hampton. :lol:

(For all of you 'down under' the Southern Cross, which, sadly, I have never seen live, is surely as magnificent.)

W.E.
Lost in Space

Re: Constellations

Unread post by Lost in Space »

Orion is visible here for most of the year...not sure how that can be, but it's great. Wishing on a star that it's not too cold right now there on the Ranch - people without RVs have to sleep in the stables, and I heard a rumour that subliminal tapes are played there - not sure I believe it. I have a cousin who went winter camping regularly in his younger years, so suppose it is a survivable experience, but I don't like to think of people getting cold and getting sick. And the mud is legendary.
hidesert

Unread post by hidesert »

yep -they play "The List"with the frogs, on repeat all night long, till they are awakened in am.
Geminid meteor shower coming Dec 13-14th. Watch your skies for the show!
Lost in Space

Unread post by Lost in Space »

Dear People

This is directly cut and pasted from the bottom of my screen on the forum here:

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

So, that must mean that either I have fewer privileges than some of you, or that, in fact, posters cannot edit their posts. Perhaps there is a way editing can be enabled?
W.E., maybe, as I have been nagged to do at work, you could proofread your post before hitting Submit. I guess it's like email; some is retrievable, and some is not. I think, though, that your posts are lucid and that people can ignore the occasional extra "at".
This topic, or these topics, are both interesting in the extreme!
I believe that, like most human attempts at controlling the environment, positive affirmations can have positive or negative effects. And, the line between a positive affirmation, positive self talk and life enhancing self hypnosis, or "living your dream", on the one hand, and delusional 'magical' thinking on the other is very hard to draw! I like a little magic with my reality, personally. I do not, however, like the idea of someone else deciding for me what my subconcious is tapping in to. I would be interested to know whether, if the majority of people ask for there to be no ribbitting while they are attempting to sleep in the arena, it may be turned off.

Return to “Pages 1 & 2 - General Chit Chat & Social Forums”