RSE to host Lawrence R. Spencer Alien Interview - hoaxster

For general chit chat on RSE related topics. You are walking through the woods and come upon a group socializing around the campfire. Pull over a log to sit on and join us. Introduce yourself here! Pages 1 & 2
Ockham

RSE to host Lawrence R. Spencer Alien Interview - hoaxster

Unread post by Ockham »

In July 2014, RSE has Lawrence R. Spencer as their featured speaker on a Saturday between two RSE, "events." RSE will lighten your wallet of $50 USD if you want to listen to what Spencer has to say.

Spencer is apparently flogging his 2008 book, Alien Interview. I have read Spencer's book, and the book is allegedly endorsed by RSE instructors. The gist of the book is that Spencer is editor of a manuscript he supposedly received from a now deceased American woman named Matilda O'Donnell MacElroy whom Spencer claims lived in the United Kingdom. Spencer says MacElroy was a nurse present at the presumed 1947 Roswell, New Mexico, USA, flying saucer crash, and that MacElroy was to sole person to whom a surviving alien being would telepathically speak.

Oddly, there is virtually no information available of MacElroy. I haven't been able to locate any evidence that MacElroy actually existed. There is no UK newspaper obituary or death notice since the year 2000 that I have been able to find. I presume that MacElroy is a work of fiction. Spencer also offers the following, "disclaimer," at the beginning of the book to support my assertion:
As far as the Editor of the book, "Alien Interview" is concerned, and for all practical purposes, the content of the book is a work of fiction. ...
How true! I think that the disclaimer is in there for law suit protection form the Scientologists too. When I read Spencer's book, and within the first few pages of reading, it jumps out that the story appears to be a thinly recast version of the Xenu story from Scientology (L. Ron Hubbard, OT III, 1967). The putative alien, Aril, (anagram of L - I - A - R ?) manages to touch base with all the popular post year 2000 ufology and conspiracy theories just a little too conveniently. There also seems to be more than a nod to RSE philosophy, as, "Aril," manages to decry organized religion, evolutionary theory, and states that everybody is one's own god. The universe is in essence a thought experiment of created reality.

The link to Spencer's apparent purloined Scientology can also be found on the Internet blog site of author Graham Hancock, http://www.grahamhancock.com/archive/ho ... etters.htm . On Hancock's site, Spencer appears to be writing as himself:
Sent: 07 November 2000 02:12
To: Graham Hancock
Subject: Your victory

Dear Graham,

Congratulations to you and Robert on your victory regarding the BBC attack! Well Done! I commend you on your courage and persistence.

I am the author of "The Oz Factors" (I sent both yourself and Robert a copy of my book last spring), so I certainly do have some first hand knowledge how the mainstream academic vested interests operate to suppress the truth. My book discusses this subject as one of the 12 "Oz Factors" which prevent our civilization from discovering answers to the mysteries of our existence.

I have been a Scientologist for 31 years. A good deal of my book is an application of the principles of L. Ron Hubbard as regards the fields of study into which you and Robert have so bravely advanced. Perhaps the material in my book will be of assistance to you at some point in your research.

Keep up the good fight!

Very Best Regards,
Lawrence R. Spencer
author of "The Oz Factors"
http://www.ozfactors.com
So Mr. Spencer, apparently by his own acknowledgement, has stated that he has written at least one book borrowing (or stealing?) ideas based on Scientology. Is, Alien Interview, any different? My advice to ramsters is to keep the fifty bucks and spend a night out of the UG on the town at a nice dinner restaurant instead with the money saved.
Ockham

Re: RSE to host Lawrence R. Spencer Alien Interview - hoaxst

Unread post by Ockham »

Just bumping this topic so it remains easily found...

RSE is hosting hoaxster Lawrence R. Spencer as a speaker on July 26, 2014. Spencer is the, "editor," of a book that he alleges is the transcript of a diary of a dead English woman. Spencer claims Matilda O'Donnell MacElroy served as a go-between for debriefing an alien cyborg like being captured when a UFO space ship supposedly crashed in New Mexico, USA in 1947.

Spencer's book is thinly veneered retelling of Scientology's OT3 myth conbinend with popular 21st ufology mytholgy from the likes of novelist Whitley Strieber. There are also hints of Koteen's Last Waltz of the Tyrants and theosophical ideas popular at RSE incorporated into Spencer's book. That the alien interview manages to touch on so many 21st century pop ufology ideas seems just a little too convenient, given that the interview misses many opportunities an omniscient alien would have to presage social an economic problems Earth would face in the 1950s and 1960s.

I hope this week's RSE events aren't the opening of another round of alien doomsday hogwash out of RSE. It is seems to have been quieter of late at RSE in the doomsday department, and it would be nice to have it stay that way.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Oh dear another hoaxing fear event at RSE....
The RSE well oiled fear machine moves in cycles, about once every six months I seem to remember.
Fear is an addiction at RSE, those fear hormones generated by JZL's Ramtha rants mixed with the alcohol/drugs....
A Cult cocktail fast track to collapses critical thinking while picking off the lives and pockets of R$E followers :sad:

Thanks for the bump Ockham

David

Fear - Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

From what I've heard from my old friends that are in RSE, Spencer's book is being hawked as a big deal and it has been the object of discussion for the past few months.

I think the readers of Alien Interview at RSE have huge blinders on (no surprise there). Spencer's book is full of anachronisms, incorrect facts and is for the most part thinly altered writings of L. Ron Hubbard. Within the first few pages of the text, it was pitifully obvious that Alien Interview is science fantasy, and not a substantive documentary. I guess that is appropriate, as Judy Knight seems to be pretty familiar with thinly altering other people's writing and passing it off as something original of her own.

This week is a double header of, "events," at RSE. The second $450 USD event is open to anybody that ever attended any event at RSE in 20+ years. RSE coffers running a bit dry? The way that RSE has this set up, it wouldn't surprise me that their strategy to trot out another round of fear based ramblings designed to create a need for this weeks attendees to attend yet more events so they can stay abreast of the most up to date fear mongering. We'll see how it goes. I always have my fingers crossed for genuine enlightenment, but my expectations are low.

Return to “Pages 1 & 2 - General Chit Chat & Social Forums”