Possession?

For general chit chat on RSE related topics. You are walking through the woods and come upon a group socializing around the campfire. Pull over a log to sit on and join us. Introduce yourself here! Pages 1 & 2
Another Dimension60

Possession?

Unread post by Another Dimension60 »

Her body shuddered and jerked, went lax for a moment and then jerked again rapidly. These movements mark the struggle between the Spirit and her. When the spirit wins the contest (it almost always does), her true Self is sent from the body to wander, as it does routinely during sleep, and she becomes the horse of the Spirit.
A description of Ramtha taking over JZ?s body? No. It is the description of a Vodou Priestess being ?possessed? by a particular Spirit. When JZ first started doing Ramtha she bragged that she was the first to have an Entity from another place use her body while she travelled elsewhere?. Seems like Vodou Priests/esses have been doing such for centuries- they call it Possession, JZ calls it channeling. Same process. Which made me wonder if JZ hadn?t had an interest in Vodou ?. Then I found a line in this particular book about a Vodou Priestess in New York City which wasn?t written/published until 1991 -- ?It was necessary to cultivate invisibility??. ?? Does anyone remember when JZ as Ramtha told us to be invisible!?! ? - - Which reinforced my suspicion of JZ?s continuing interest in Vodou. Although the book Mama Lola is incredibly interesting and beautifully written, it?s probably not one that the average housewife would pick up at the local bookstore. The above italics sentences are a paraphrase from Mama Lola ? but I?m sure the basic description of Vodou ?possession? existed in the mid 70?s when JZ began her Ramtha business?.. Not to say that I believe JZ is possessed/channeling another Spirit ? only that in Vodou she found the platform through which to present her stolen notion of a male Being appearing to her to teach her Truth and Wisdom. (?Stanley Adler?)
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

AD60 said, " When JZ first started doing Ramtha she bragged that she was the first to have an Entity from another place use her body while she travelled elsewhere."

We ought to start a thread titled, "JZR's lies, hypocrisies, and discrepancies", and start listing them.

JZ has bragged about all sorts of things, but talk is cheap. I have yet to know of her SUBSTANTIATING any of her claims. IMO, they are false claims.

In the Bible (and no, I am not a Bible thumper), scripture from Samuel 10:6 speaks about a person being taken over by a spirit. It's far from the only place in the Bible where paranormal phenomenon (term it what you will), takes place and is recorded.

So, the point being, JZ must be delusional to think that she is the FIRST to "channel" a spirit. IF she channels anything at all other than her own mind. (I'm not saying she does/doesn't...that's not my point)
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

here is one test the 'scientists' did not use on JZ:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritual_possession
It is also believed in Haitian Vodou and related traditions that there are those who feign possessions because they want attention or a feeling of importance, because those who are possessed carry a high importance in ceremony. Often, a "chwal" will undergo some form of trial or testing to make sure that the possession is indeed genuine. As an example, someone possessed by one of the Gu?d? spirits may be offered piment, a liqueur made by steeping twenty-one chili peppers in kleren, a potent alcoholic beverage. If the "chwal" consumes the piment without showing any evidence of pain or discomfort, the possession is regarded as genuine.

Of course. anyone who is a good hypnotic subject could pass this test, so it really would prove anything more than that, but there would certainly be pain after the subject came out of trance. Like Shirley MacLaine said in Dancing in the Light when she had a private session with Ramtha who was drinking copious amounts of wine at the time: Ramtha got drunk but JZ woke up with the headache!
Another Dimension60

Unread post by Another Dimension60 »

Thanks Joe ? I forgot to include another, to me, stunning passage from the book ? in which Alourdes/the woman Priestess said: ?One little glass of wine and my head begin to spin?. But what I don?t understand, is how the spirit can drink. Papa Ogou come, he drink a lot of rum. He drink but? when he gone, I don?t feel nothing.? ? ?You don?t smell no alcohol on your breath, nothing! Maggie added?.?
(The book, Mama Lola, from which I?m quoting is written by a professor of Sociology of Religion at Drew Graduate and Theological Schools and is a result of over 20 years of study and research in Haiti and in the NYC Haitian community. In other words, to me anyway, it?s a credible source of information.)
And JZ?s body vomits on stage?!
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

AD60, A dear friend of mine was sitting in the front row when "Ramtha" was so "in control of the body", that "he" vomited all over the stage. My friend never returned. Not the sort of God he was interested in learning from, LOL.

Return to “Pages 1 & 2 - General Chit Chat & Social Forums”