RFK Jr. at RSE - can someone help?

For general chit chat on RSE related topics. You are walking through the woods and come upon a group socializing around the campfire. Pull over a log to sit on and join us. Introduce yourself here! Pages 1 & 2
G2G

RFK Jr. at RSE - can someone help?

Unread post by G2G »

I know RFK Jr. spoke at RSE several times. Were any of you there, and would you be willing to correspond with a third party who is interested in this?

People "in the real world" are unwilling to believe this.... Need a confirmation and anything related.

Thanks!
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

G2G,

I'm sure you already have this info...
But ?.I will post it here for others to ?peruse the ruse?!

David.

MyDD :: Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Pals around with destructive cult leaders.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. pals around with destructive cult leaders.
by benjaminsp, Thu Nov 06, 2008 at 03:17:38 AM EST

On November 18th, CNN will present a documentary on the Jonestown Massacre where 913 people lost their lives because of their blind devotion to a charismatic (destructive) cult leader. Among the dead were over two hundred children.
There have been many (destructive) cult leaders and just about all of them paid for access to politicians and celebrities to help get favorable reviews in the MSM and to get new recruits. Jim Jones, used this recruiting technique quite well alligning himself with U.S. Representatives Phillip and John Burton, Assemblyman Willie Brown and Mayor George Moscone. The Fall of 1976 seems to be the time Jones achieved his peak of power. The Burtons, Willie Brown, Williams, Moscone, radical Angela Davis, lawyer Vincent Hallinan, Lieutenant Governor Mervyn Dymally and publisher Carlton Goodlett toasted him at a testimonial dinner. And later Moscone gave him a seat on the San Francisco Housing Authority Commission.
Another (destructive) cult leader J.Z. Knight heads the "Ramtha School of Enlightenment." She claims to give lectures at the UN, sponsor a "Humanity Foundation" working with "Women World Leaders" and also to be good friends with Linda Evans and Shirley MacLaine.
In 2005, J.Z. Knight paid a fee to Robert Kennedy Jr. to speak at the "Ramtha School of Enlightenment."
I wrote Robert Kennedy Jr. on hearing of his trip to the compound.
Open letter to Robert F. Kennedy Jr.
By Benjamin Spector, New York
First Published March 21, 2005
Cult News from Rick Ross
"I am an environmentalist, liberal and former cult member and am very sad that you spoke at the "Ramtha School of Enlightenment."
You may not be aware of this, but J.Z. Knight will take full advantage of your attendance at her school and use your name, your reputation and the reputation of your father and your family to promote her group.
Maybe you need an education about what a [destructive] cult is?
A [destructive] cult is the most fascist, dictatorial type of group known to man.
In America, you and I and all the liberals and environmentalists have the freedom to speak out against our government and to change that government in a democratic fashion.
Also, within mainstream religious organizations from the Catholic Church to the "Religious Right," members may express their own points of view to a varying degree and debate the relevant issues.
At Riverkeeper, you and your associates probably debate issues and have disagreements.
However, there isn't meaningful debate or disagreements in a [destructive] cult.
A [destructive] cult is an organization where typically one person is held as "God-like," infallible and essentially above the law.
Followers do not seriously question leaders like J.Z. Knight, Reverend Moon, and Sri Chinmoy, who was once my leader. In fact no dissent is really tolerated. Either you swallow the group dogma, hook, line and sinker, or you are out and will be ostracized and shunned forever by all your former friends and associates that remain involved.
That is totalitarianism.
You were quoted in The Olympian to say, "Someone who doesn't like you very much told me I was speaking at a cult"... "I guess it would be OK if I spoke at Bob Jones University."
I don't recall a Kennedy ever speaking at Bob Jones, but I remember your Uncle Teddy speaking at Jerry Falwell's school. He was treated quite courteously, although everyone there knew he didn't agree with Mr. Falwell.
The "Ramtha School of Enlightenment" may seem like a "New Age" alternative education, holistic kind of place, but in reality the dogma is much more rigid and dissent is probably less tolerated there than at Bob Jones University.
You would never have been allowed to raise questions or encourage debate within the Ramtha group about its leader or her absolute authority.
[Destructive] cults expect their members to obey the leader at all times.
At the Ramtha School perhaps students feel they are not actually obeying Ms. Knight, but rather the 35,000-year-old spirit from the lost continent of Atlantis named "Ramtha" that she claims to channel.
Do you know what "Ramtha" has said?
In one channeling session Ramtha reportedly said, "Mother Nature" wants to "get rid of" gays."
And "Ramtha" has recommended buying Ms. Knight's Arabian horses as an investment.
It is said that you are considering running for New York Attorney General. Maybe one day you may even run for President. This is why I am so deeply concerned about what you said at this recent lecture.
You told the audience at the Ramtha School, "I was really excited; because I just really wanted to see this place...You're good people with good values, and all the values this country is supposed to stand for."
But to me the freedom to express one's point of view and to speak out against injustices of any kind are the fundamental pillars of any democratic society. These are the "good values," which forms the basis for our society.
However, at the Ramtha School the leader isn't democratic and other views are not really tolerated.
How can you support and commend this, and then condemn George Bush or the Republican Party?
Please let me know where you stand concerning [destructive] cults.
Much like battered women, the followers of charismatic cult leaders often remain loyal unless they find some way to break free and begin to reason and reflect again independently.
Believe it or not, the followers of cult leaders are very frequently well educated, sophisticated and sensitive, but authoritarian leaders rob them of their ability to think independently as individuals and dominate them.
I urge you to examine the "Ramtha School of Enlightenment" and research its history.
J.Z. Knight has been called a "cult leader."
It is hard to believe that a Kennedy would dine with such a person in a palatial mansion probably paid for largely though the pain and suffering of cult victims.
Her followers paid $1,000.00 each to attend the retreat you lectured at and an additional $30.00 to hear you talk.
They buy her tapes; books etc. and probably serve Ms. Knight in many other ways. Some may have left their homes, given up jobs and even their families to help her there. Whenever they finally move on many may not be employable and perhaps they won't be able to afford health insurance.
My one-time leader Sri Chinmoy encouraged many of us to work below the minimum wage and without benefits, at businesses owned by senior group members in New York and other locations. Many workers were illegal aliens.
Do you think that this type of behavior represents "good values"?
As New York State Attorney General would you do anything to stop or prevent such bad treatment?
Or will you stand idly by allowing cult leaders to become rich at the expense of their followers, often illegally abusing and exploiting them?
Are these "the values this country is supposed to stand for"?
I really want to know where you stand on these issues."
Note: After repeated inquiries Robert F. Kennedy Jr. finally responded to Mr. Spector March 28th.
His response read
"Thanks for your note. I would gladly go to Bob Jones, Ramtha or Liberty College to spread my message, which is anti-fascist, pro-democratic and pro-environment. Ramtha School has been involved in several successful battles to keep developers like Wal-Mart out of Yelm. Those are the values I was applauding."
FAILS
Ask McSarah Failin'. You can find her at the Nieman Marcus in Wasilla.

by QTG on Thu Nov 06, 2008 at 07:01:43 AM EST

Re: Robert F. Kennedy Jr. pals around with destruc (none / 0)
And so it begins. . . sigh

Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.
by jsfox on Thu Nov 06, 2008 at 08:25:00 AM EST

Reply (none / 0)
It is a virtue to associate with all types of people, even people that you do not agree with. A republican family the Annenburgs founded an educational project and had Barck Obama as its director and Bill Ayers as a member.
The meetings of the Annenburg project discussed educational issues in Chicago. There is no guilt to Barack Obaama or the Annenburg for this association.
Robert F. Kennedy was informed that the J. Z. Knight compound he was going to speaak aat was a cult. The reporter from the newspaper "Olympian" said that he told the group "Someone who doesn't like you very much told me I was speaking at a cult"... "I guess it would be OK if I spoke at Bob Jones University."
He never brought up the Top - down society in the cult where JZ Knight lived in luxury and her followers were brainwashed into servatude.
I know I am biased when reporting this, having been in a cult for 20 years. I know how cult members are taught to stop using analytical thinking and it really bugged me when Robert F. Kennedy said
"I was really excited; because I just really wanted to see this place...You're good people with good values, and all the values this country is supposed to stand for."
This is like telling a wife of a husband who aabuses her and takes away her self esteem that the couple has good values and they represent what America stands for.
The readers here and Kos think I am a nut case and/or a troll. If you go to my web site http://newpoliticus.blogspot.com/ or look at other articles I have written on MyDD and Kos or my twitters "benjaminspector" you will see that I have always supported Barack Obama.
Some said I am a kennedy hater. That is false. I love Ted Kennedy. I support appointing Caroline Kennedy ambassador to the UN or the Court of King James. I like Patrick Kennedy and maybe he would be a good appointment for the EPA or something like that.
But Robert Kennedy gave a flippant answer to my letter concerning his "praising" of a destructive cult and I feel he does not have the sensitivity to understand the needs of people and mother nature.
I want Barack Obama to pick the right people for cabinet jobs. Robert F. kennedy definitely doesn't get it concerning victims of destructive cults. If he doesn't get this I doubt if he really is sensitive enough to all the ramifications of environmental policy. If they want a Kennedy, I am all for Patrick or Caroline.
After twenty years in a group like JZ Knight's I still have trouble with thinking things out rationally, I am very impulsive, I have a hard time handling money and keeping jobs.
For twenty years it was drilled into me that there was someone who was all powerful, my leader, who knew everything and always had the right answer for me. I was taught that I didn't have to worry aboutthe world because I had everlasting life with my teacher. This knight and other leaders of destructive cults teach.
Robert Kennedy Jr. was wrong when he did not head the warning of his friend to cancel speaking at JZ Knight's compound and he was wrong when he lauded the "values taught in that group as "American Values".

Democrats never agree on anything, that's why they're Democrats. If they agreed with each other, they would be Republicans. - Will Rogers
by benjaminsp on Thu Nov 06, 2008 at 12:11:25 PM EST

Victims of destructive cults. (none / 0)
I read the response you call "flippant" and find it more "innocuous" than anything else.
"Thanks for your note. I would gladly go to Bob Jones, Ramtha or Liberty College to spread my message, which is anti-fascist, pro-democratic and pro-environment. Ramtha School has been involved in several successful battles to keep developers like Wal-Mart out of Yelm. Those are the values I was applauding."

I don't see anything there that would disqualify Mr. Kennedy from the EPA Post.
I'm sorry you fell into the cult, but your efforts to retaliate against them and anyone who refuses to join you in your battle may indicate that you would benefit from some professional counseling.

by QTG on Thu Nov 06, 2008 at 07:59:27 PM EST

Link
http://www.mydd.com/story/2008/11/6/31738/1801

JFK nephew speaks out at Yelm school

http://www.rickross.com/reference/ramtha/ramtha19.html
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
tree

Unread post by tree »

yes, I was in attendance when he came to speak.

JZ heavily promoted his latest book concerning the environment.
AT the time, I did not see her reasoning for bringing him in as she was pro repbulican and had taken
a full page ad out in the Olympian saying how much she and the school supported Bush.
Now , I see. :idea:
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

Thank you, David and Tree.
This has to go public, due to his consideration for head of the EPA.
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

yes, i was there too and can vouch for the comments that have been posted.
littlewiseone

Unread post by littlewiseone »

A well written letter by Mr. Spector. R. Kennedy has lost much credibility in my eyes, although I guess his visit to rse could be considered a forgivable mistake.
...and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...

- The Beatles

Return to “Pages 1 & 2 - General Chit Chat & Social Forums”