A New Kind of Thankfulness

For general chit chat on RSE related topics. You are walking through the woods and come upon a group socializing around the campfire. Pull over a log to sit on and join us. Introduce yourself here! Pages 1 & 2
tree

A New Kind of Thankfulness

Unread post by tree »

As Thanksgiving Weekend is looming, I am thinking of the last year and in particular this year,
why I am thankful I made it out of RSE.
Last year, just a few months after discovering RSE was actually a cult,
I was thankful in a desperate sort of way.
Desperate to be further along the recovery path (which, until New Years of THIS year, I did not really think
this whole exiting was in fact a recovery. People fling that word around too much without having total
knowledge of what that means).
Desperate to move away and get away from the small town that beckoned me for the "Days to Come"
the were later labeled : "The Days That Are Here."
The town that was touted as the only safe haven on the face of the earth.
The town that later needed (RSE student engineer) Ed Wiltsie's stamp of approval that your little piece of
heaven was indeed "SAFE" (according to Ed's selectively chosen statistics).
The town that later, chastised me for speaking out as to the atrocities that actually happen in cults.
The town that housed the channel who purportedly was an ascended God.
Heck, I vividly recall skipping a half day of work to " go drink wine with an ascended god for the bargain
price of $200!!" Gee, I felt INCREDIBLY lucky, because all around me were these unenlightened idiots
who did not know any better, and who had better things to do like make good on a project with Dell
that afternoon rather than take the opportunity to "drink with a God."

This year, although the financial strains of moving from such a hell hole and the physical day to day
challenges of seeking employment ("why do you have so many jobs in such a short time span?"
change is good and considered evolving, don't you know? "why is your credit
report so below average?" because in RSE, you are encouraged to rack up the credit lines to buy
food, etc for the Days To Come, and since everything in the market place will go up in smoke,
it won't matter if I file for bankruptcy anyway
"are you ok?" in reaction to a 60's song blaring in the
mall that is now reminiscent of a wine ceremony
the challenge of renting to Ramsters (which, I will never ever do
ANYMORE!!) who justify everything in the name of "being in the moment" and "this is how I see it now", so binding contracts
mean crap to them, etc

I am just thankful to the core of my being for having made it out alive and now my brain, emotions and mental health are
all in tact. Without these items, you might as well start shoveling a hole 6 feet under.

I am thankful for all the friends and new acquaintances who have met under less-than-desirable circumstances.
I am thankful for the internet that makes all these connections possible.
And I am thankful for the few people who understand this process of cult recovery.
I am thankful for TRULY caring people, who understand those two words: truly caring in a more meaningful
way than what we were taught at RSE.

Blessings to you all.

Tree
ordinarymind

Unread post by ordinarymind »

Happy Thanksgiving, Tree and everyone ?I?d like to add my gratefulness to all of you who keep posting here on EMF ?.I don?t post very often myself, but I do check in every morning . ..in fact, it?s my new way of starting my day ?much more ?real? than how I started my days last year, sitting outside, wrapped in my blanket gridding the sky and mesmerizing myself with the droning message of ?Ever since I can remember, I have always been a master? ?.whatever does that mean anyway!

I hope you have been able to find work, Tree and have found a community of friends and neighbours that appreciate you as much as we appreciate you here on this site.

Thanks for all your great posts and your willingness to share your thoughts and experiences so freely. You have helped me a lot in my journey of recovery ? a journey that is not yet finished . .like you say, it really is about ?recovering? not just exiting.

Ordinarymind
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

Hear, Hear.

Thanks to the creators of this forum and for everyone who has published their real experiences, keep the info coming that explains JZ's latest spin and to all of you for your support during this process of recovering from the lies and general "messed-up-ness" of JZ Knight.
truster

Happy Turkey Day

Unread post by truster »

I hope everyones Turkey is splendid all the way through the leftovers.

I am most thankful myself to begin my journey again of knowing myself.
I am thankful over 800 rse webteam viewers have seen a view to the light of truth from trusters angle, before rse acted in fear and had youtube send me spam warnings. But I hit them out out of the blue nonstop on every ramtha video that exists while they slumbered. Yeeeeaaahh!
That's trusters way- in the dead chill of the night, the fridgid rains, and snows is when I'm comfortable and rise to action.
May at least a few purchase this program or take notice to eye movements to see the scam, and let the phones ring with a domino effect to close down rse.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Happy Turkey Day
We are having homemade chicken curry..Hot..
Chuckle..

I am determined to reply to several EMF posts..
later this evening.. enjoy a blob out movie in front of the TV.
That's my plan, lets see how it goes.

Have a heart nourishing holiday everyone..welcome to EMF 'blueheeler ".......

:D chat real soon,

David.
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

David writes: "We are having homemade chicken curry..Hot"

I envy you!!!!!! :) (But, we have Navratan korma, chole, raita and parathas...although I'm not certain how "hot" is "hot" in each individual's perception!!!
On a "scale of one to ten" - I'm about a seven. But then, I've been in "training" for nearly 25 years! (and south Indian foods are a different scale altogether. I'm a "seven north." :wink:

Happy Thanksgiving to all. In view of the sadness and violence imposed on India this day, I offer my thanks that all I know and love are safe.
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
Optimystic

Unread post by Optimystic »

A Special Happy Thanksgiving to EMF & Everyone!
"I was Blind but NOW I see. I was DEAF but NOW I Hear!"
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

.....and David's wife is a REALLY good cook !!!!!!!!!!!!

We had a delightful day. My very pregnant daughter (MY first baby), is complaining about being a beached whale, having no room to eat the food her eyes want. She's got a little ways to go still...so I told her this is just the warm-up ! She's gonna slug me ! LOL !!!

I can't wait to be there when the baby is born, in the delivery room !!! Woohooo. Gonna bring a tiara for the lil' princess. hehe

We had an unusual day in that it was SUNNY out ! Not common on Thanksgiving; it's usually a rainy and gray day.

I think I feel a turkey sandwich attack coming on soon...with roasted peppers, cheese and lots of mayo, warmed up in the nukolater. YUM.

I'm a wimp...I love curry, but not "hot". David, I am surprised at you !!! I never would have guessed you are a spicy kinda guy ! 8)

Hope everyone has full belly, especially with DESSERT !!!
California Dreamin'

Unread post by California Dreamin' »

I just want to take this opportunity to acknowledge and thank all of you EMF members. I feel very fortunate to have you to share with me this amazing journey called "Life After RSE."

Happy Thanksgiving.
truster

Maybe I'll and a curry twist to my turkey

Unread post by truster »

I purchased an injector to keep the meat really moist and full of flavor. I planned on just making up a marinade of sage, rosemary, thyme ,garlic, hot peppers , and butter to inject into the turkey.
But with all this talk of curry I think i just moved to a new neighborhood.
I think i'm changing my marinade injection to: coconut milk, butter, ginger, garlic, and shan brand -korma curry mix. that makes it over 20 flavors, That should take my mind for a ride.
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

truster said, "But with all this talk of curry I think i just moved to a new neighborhood."

yeah, david....... tell the wife we're all coming over..........for curry.......

new year's day at david's.
littlewiseone

Unread post by littlewiseone »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :-) I am thoroughly stuffed and pleasantly satisfied! I'm thankful for my family most of all, and for the time we share together.
...and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...

- The Beatles
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Wow..
That curry was really good..hot hot hot
ya all invited over....
Thanks to my dear wife...my stomach is singing..

truster said, "But with all this talk of curry I think i just moved to a new neighborhood."

yeah, david....... tell the wife we're all coming over..........for curry.......

new year's day at david's.
Yea baby...

Lets have a LARSE curry party... :shock:
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
tree

Unread post by tree »

"But with all this talk of curry I think i just moved to a new neighborhood."

ROLMAO!!! :D :D

Return to “Pages 1 & 2 - General Chit Chat & Social Forums”