Has anyone ever asked "The Ram" what exists prior

For general chit chat on RSE related topics. You are walking through the woods and come upon a group socializing around the campfire. Pull over a log to sit on and join us. Introduce yourself here! Pages 1 & 2
G2G

Has anyone ever asked "The Ram" what exists prior

Unread post by G2G »

...other than the void?

Did "he/she" answer if so?

I think I'll just wait for the LHC and see what it brings forth. :wink: Perhaps there is more than one "point zero?" Maybe there are big bangs occurring all the time, and it wasn't just one? We don't hold the patent on all that is- and neither does he/she.
8) 8) 8)
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

G2G,

Rambles told us that s/he never went past Point Zero (which is why s/he couldn't teach beyond it), but that s/he knew some others that did go "into" Pt. 0. Poor R was stuck with us low lifes on this side of the void and s/he couldn't break away from us to go. So, Rambles doesn't know what's on the other side of Pt. 0. That'll have to be another lifetime for the Big Guy/Gal. LOL

Check this out:

"An enormous idea
So we come away with the incredible thought that the solar system?and the rest of the universe?might be filled with tiny black holes, each carrying the signature of the fourth dimension. And in the next year or two, GLAST should make it possible to look for them. It is worth noting that if we don't see the characteristic interference patterns right away, it doesn't automatically mean braneworld gravity is wrong; it could just mean primordial black holes are rare.

If we see even one case of interference, though, that's when the fun begins. We would immediately know that tiny black holes exist. We would need to analyze the data carefully before drawing firm conclusions about gravity. But we would dive in with gusto, knowing that we were on the trail of something physically small but philosophically enormous. As large, perhaps, as a whole new dimension of space.

Your neighbors could have a pet black hole, and you might not realize it.

A close relationship exists between the mass of a black hole and the wavelength of light it can affect. If the Randall-Sundrum model is correct, tiny primordial black holes could exist and produce interference patterns in light from the short-wavelength, gamma-ray portion of the electromagnetic spectrum. By contrast, if general relativity is right, no primordial black holes below a few hundred million tons should remain, and hence no interference patterns should appear in gamma-ray light.

After calculating the interference effect, we scratched our heads and asked each other, Is there any hope of measuring it? We knew that tremendous natural explosions in deep space called gamma-ray bursts produce light of the right wavelength. The question was whether any telescope today could measure this light.

It turns out that the perfect telescope is on the way: the Gamma-ray Large Area Space Telescope (GLAST), which is scheduled to be launched on a spacecraft in August 2007. A joint effort among NASA, the U.S. Department of Energy, and institutions in France, Germany, Japan, Italy, and Sweden, GLAST will be exquisitely sensitive to high-energy gamma rays?and able to measure interference effects from any primordial braneworld black holes."

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/blackhole/tiny.html
ex

Unread post by ex »

my washingmaschine creats black holes were my socks dissapear...
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

Ex, I think you must have a wormhole in your washing machine, not a black hole, since extra socks show up in my machine.

Wow, another mystery solved here on EMF. We should charge $30,000 for an account.

Whatcha - yes, that is so right about Rambles story about what's beyond point zero. His friends had gone on for this huge adventure but he, because of his love for us, was still here with his loser, slackers waiting for someone to become a Christ. But no, he's not a victim, no way.
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

Your washing machine? It's my dryer! We've been wearing "unmatched" socks at home for a long time now. :lol:
Anyone find a pair of knitted pink socks with a squeaking bunny on the back? I also believe our basement is the receipient of objects arriving from a blackhole. Each time I go down, I see more and more objects piling up. I thought we had a black hole in our family room until I discovered our Schutzhund had his own "private stash" of our socks.
:wink: :wink: :wink:
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

GLAST - thanks for the information. I find this a lot more fascinating than Judith regurgitating onstage.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

Whatcha wrote: 'Rambles told us that s/he never went past Point Zero (which is why s/he couldn't teach beyond it), but that s/he knew some others that did go "into" Pt. 0. Poor R was stuck with us low lifes on this side of the void and s/he couldn't break away from us to go. So, Rambles doesn't know what's on the other side of Pt. 0. That'll have to be another lifetime for the Big Guy/Gal. LOL '

So much for the "all-knowing god!" So he/she has no clue what's beyond 'point zero.' Duh - headthump. LOL!
:roll: :roll: :roll:
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

my washingmaschine creats black holes were my socks dissapear...
ex,

Yes.. washing machines are the source of black holes..
It's all that spinning..
But what very few people on the planet know is... where do they end up...?
Look very closely at the "Rings of Saturn"..
and you will find everyone's lost socks, and luggage too.

David.
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
tree

Unread post by tree »

my washingmaschine creats black holes were my socks dissapear..
another black hole a few thousand miles away ex here to my place.
Hey! let's document that! It's more that any documentation by RSE standards.

But even worse. I think it will be a difficult theory to prove because once I open the
lid, the machine stops.
cha-ching! 30K right this way <---------- To Tree's end of the black hole :twisted:

Return to “Pages 1 & 2 - General Chit Chat & Social Forums”