Computer problems

For general chit chat on RSE related topics. You are walking through the woods and come upon a group socializing around the campfire. Pull over a log to sit on and join us. Introduce yourself here! Pages 1 & 2
ordinarymind

Unread post by ordinarymind »

Hi David .. .I have a small request I?m hoping you can respond to. I?m noticing that some of the message board topics, like this particular one, don?t fit on my screen and in order to read the posts, I need to keep scrolling back and forth across the screen. Is that something you can fix at your end? If not, I?m finding that there are many posts I?m just not reading now .. the Homeopathy is the other one .. . not because I?m not interested but because it is too cumbersome to read.
Thanks,
Ordinarymind
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

OrdMin: If you're using windows, you probably have three small boxes on your monitor's upper right corner. Within these boxes is first a _ and the next has either one large "box" or two smaller "boxes" entangled with one another. The next one is Red, and has an "X" in it. Try clicking on the middle box with the two boxes "entangled" (or could also be the one large box). This resizes the "window" you are viewing. If you see just one entire "box" within, you are viewing on "full screen." This might cause some problems with viewing the forum. Try minimizing your view to this forum by clicking it when you see the two "entangled" boxes. This will make your viewing area smaller, and all should fit nicely. (I hope - worked for me - but I'm a mac user whose mac is in for repair and I'm using my husband's "windows" computer). I hope this helps, and since I'm not a computer wiz by a looooong shot, maybe someone else can add something more helpful.
:) :) :)
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Thanks for that G2G,

ordinarymind..
Also, look for the scroll tab on the the right edge of your screen, it will be light blue.
Hold down the left click of your mouse over this scroll tab...and move the curser up and down..
see what happens.
Also..depending on your monitor/videocard, you may want to increase the resolution settings to accommodate
more display.

I hope this makes sense.

David. :idea:
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
ordinarymind

Unread post by ordinarymind »

Hi David and G2G . . .thanks for the suggestions . ..increasing the resolution does allow the full text to fit in the screen but then the print is smaller and not so user friendly for these eyes that have ?always seen 20/20, for as long as I can remember?!! . ?the other suggestions don?t seem to work ?I do have those three boxes at the upper right of my screen but when I adjust them, the window get?s even smaller!! ?and left clicking while holding down the scroll tab doesn?t seem to help . ?but the thing I wanted to point out is that most of the other topics on this site fit just fine on my screen ?like for instance the one on ?a note about yelm.org? . ..so I thought it might be something to do with the settings at your end ?..but don?t worry, if no one else is having the problem, I can either change the resolution or manually scroll them ?.thanks.
California Dreamin'

Unread post by California Dreamin' »

Ordinary Mind -

I'm having the same problem as you appear to be having on my computer which is a Mac.

C.D.

Return to “Pages 1 & 2 - General Chit Chat & Social Forums”