Editor-wannabe

For general chit chat on RSE related topics. You are walking through the woods and come upon a group socializing around the campfire. Pull over a log to sit on and join us. Introduce yourself here! Pages 1 & 2
tree

Editor-wannabe

Unread post by tree »

Dang, Steve.
Why not just toss some of your money in a newspaper and the flagrant and excessive criticisms
you continually make and produce a paper yourself?
Will you never quit with your self righteousness in a public domain?
Truly spoken like a troll.

NVN STOOPS TO NEW LOW - EVEN FOR THEM !

These sensationalistic headlines on January 24th 'above the fold' on the front page, plus a header on the online edition within hours of the January 17th accident shows the NVN must be desperate by using the misfortune of others to sell newspapers.

"Driver hits RSE wall after falling asleep at wheel"
"A Yelm man got quite the wake-up call after he fell asleep at the wheel and crashed into a wall fronting the home of channeler JZ Knight and her Ramtha School of Enlightenment."

"Joshua A. Lambert, 28, was driving home from work around 8:30 last Friday morning when the accident occurred.

He fell asleep, stayed straight in the curve and left the road, said Washington State Patrol spokeswoman Brandy Kessler."

While the NVN quoted the Ramtha School of Enlightenment public relations firm's statement,
"Despite this extremely unfortunate event, we are pleased to report that the driver, although shaken, suffered no injuries and we extend our thoughts and well wishes to him and his family,? nothing was said of the true story they COULD HAVE reported from a compassionate, human-interest standpoint.

Mr. Lambert is a Yelm resident working a graveyard shift to support his family in Olympia/Lacey and recently-returned Iraq War Veteran in service to our country.

As the NVN's local contact for the Ramtha School, reporter Megan Hansen called me for comments. I asked Megan to have compassion on this man as he was shaken enough, as anyone would be, especially with an NVN photographer at the scene just minutes after the accident. I suggested the newspaper not use the engagement of the RSE wall from the misfortune of a serviceman & night-shift worker to sell newspapers with Ramtha's and/or JZ Knight's name.

Ms. Hansen said, "We have to report a story."

Interesting, the NVN chose NOT to mention anything nor send a reporter to cover new County Commissioner Sandra Romero's first public open house in Yelm last Monday, as a vital story to report on the front page!
That Monday was a national holiday and they could not send a reporter does not hold water!

Nisqually Valley News newspaper Editor-Publisher Kevin Graves printed an editorial in the January 10th edition touting his studies that instilled in him proper journalism practices...
"Having studied journalism - things such as journalism ethics, reporting and news style - I take great care to keep this newspaper's coverage fair and objective.
I believe it's up to readers to interpret the facts of a story, not to have some egomaniac bloviate and twist information to serve his or her own ends."

HOW CAN THE READER INTERPRET THE FACTS OF THE STORY, WHEN KEY FACTS ARE OMITTED?
WHERE IS THE ETHICS IN PUTTING A SERVICEMAN'S ACCIDENT ON THE FRONT-PAGE?
tree

my comment to our dear Steve

Unread post by tree »

I sent him a comment.
We'll see what he does.

Steve-
You are continually criticizing and flagrantly making accusations of how inferior the NVN news is performing.
1) who died and made you god almight and chief judge?
2) why not make a business out of printing a newspaper yourself, since your view is
the best one in the Yelm area?

Why not give it a rest?
People in town get tired of hearing the same thing
week after week.
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

Steve Klein objected to the report of a news story, which would have made front-page in a larger newspaper? Or is it simply - jzrk's
"create your day" didn't have this "event" on her list? Blatantly contradicts the RSE teachings.

"Oh yes, let's have an Iraq veteran, working the nightshift, crash in to my (stupidly placed) wall today."

Doesn't look good for RSE's "create your day."
That's the real deal, right Steve? C'mon. You're a better person than this. You have the ability to be kind, yet refuse to look within.
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

That's exactly my thought, G2G. Stevie-boy and JZ didn't like the story on the front page because it got every single student's attention in terms of the "create your day" teaching.
Who created the crash into the wall?? Huh? Huh? Will there be an inquisition by JZ of her staff? Who fantasized about the walls tumbling down??

Bravo for the NVN for their subtlety. I think the editors must have known exactly what they were saying in their "teaching without words" (Rambles was so found of that phrase for a while)
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

Hmmm...

Is Steve a victim ? Is JZ a victim ? Creating such things !

Oh. There is purposeful good in the wall being smashed, right ? You know, like those dead tsunami victims. The deserved their reality, too, RIGHT ????

It's a blessing that such hypocrisies arise for people to see.
tree

Unread post by tree »

she made a HUGE statement building the wall in the first place.
secondly, this is NOT the first time someone has hit that wall in that exact place.

several other times in the past, this wall has been reported as being hit.
and now Steve wants to bring out a "human interest" story" regarding a vet?

Pullleeeeze....

He could have just come out and said,
" Hey buddy, we can teach you HOW to create your day so (*&&^* like this
wouldn't happen." :roll:
Give him a free week or 2 at the Ranch.
See THEN how an Iraq vet responds to RSE.
tree

Steve replies:

Unread post by tree »

(posted chronilogically from the bottom up)

Gail said:

I agree. Another resignation I have not seen much information about is County Commissioner. I just called their office and was told they expect a decision this week from the Governor as to who she will appoint for the third Commissioner.

January 26, 2009 10:08 AM
Tree said:

Steve-
You are continually criticizing and flagrantly making accusations of how inferior the NVN news is performing.
1) who died and made you god almight and chief judge?
2) why not make a business out of printing a newspaper yourself, since your view is
the best one in the Yelm area?

Why not give it a rest?
People in town get tired of hearing the same thing
week after week.

January 28, 2009 9:16 AM
Steve Author Profile Page said:

Hello Tree of Hobbit House, (my e-mail I use)

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your views. So nice of you to add to the visitors of the Yelm Community Blog all the way from Reno, Nevada. I appreciate your having done so.

You ask why I don't start a newspaper? I have been asked by many and finally
started this Blog in Spring, 2006, because people said we needed another source of information around here & I had gathered alot of knowledge about the community.

Not everyone will agree with my views, hence the blog is able to have an immediate discourse.
That is what is so grand about this medium of information.
NVN editor/publisher Graves is certainly not shy about speaking out about me personally or my blog in general, and I see no letter to his newspaper from the public printed about that.

I happen to find the NVN a valuable community asset that has missed the mark on sharing key points with the community on many issues & I am not afraid to speak about that. This Blog takes no advertising dollars, is beholding to no one, you do not see its headlines on newsstands throughout town or in Reno, has no print deadlines and does not use sensational headlines or front-page stories on the misfortunes of others to sell newspapers. You have to want to come to this site. Don't click on this link if you are so inclined; access is totally up you, the reader.

I find Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr's quote sums up the reason I write on the subject you address:
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

I am grateful for your interest and for writing me & do hope you are enjoying life after your move from Yelm.

All my best,

Steve Klein
January 28, 2009 7:27 PM

Liz said:

Very well said, Steve. I should mention people in town get tired of the NVN front page stories that show narrow and small-minded views, week after week, month after month. NVN has wasted their full potential as far as reaching the many who want to be informed of the important issues which affect all of the Yelm community.

Come back and visit us any time, Tree.
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

Quote: ""Very well said, Steve. I should mention people in town get tired of the NVN front page stories that show narrow and small-minded views, week after week, month after month. NVN has wasted their full potential as far as reaching the many who want to be informed of the important issues which affect all of the Yelm community. ""

This person demonstrates, at least to me, the blind-faith and insane "narrow mindedness" of RSE students outright refusing to see any other "view." Theirs is the "only right way," and that's that.

So who's really narrow-minded? :wink:
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
California Dreamin'

Unread post by California Dreamin' »

TREE SAID:

"she made a HUGE statement building the wall in the first place.
secondly, this is NOT the first time someone has hit that wall in that exact place.
several other times in the past, this wall has been reported as being hit."

I was just thinking about the fact this wall has been hit in the past in the same spot. Did any other hits produce an actual "hole" in the wall????

Remember when we were taught about the power of symbols??? Well I believe the current hole in the wall might very well "symbolize" a chink in the armor of the great walls surrounding the "Great White House" which were originally built/supposed to keep doubters out and the scam of the channel protected. Perhaps us heretics have brought an energy/awareness to the deceptions perpetrated by JZR and the the proof of this is symbolized as the walls of deception are finally breaking down.

(I hope this makes sense. I had difficulty articulating it. :oops: )
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

CA, good point.

Makes me think of Humpty Dumpty.
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

:wink: Goo goo g-joob!
tree

Unread post by tree »

Did any other hits produce an actual "hole" in the wall????
yes, at east on 2 other occasions while I worked there.
And I know of a few others before my employed timed there.

The thing is, this is "Nothing new under the sun, Horatio" as Rambles loves to quote.

I think the timing (another borrowed term for the teachings about "ladies in waiting" several years ago)
and the tongue n cheek title, along with the front line of heretics (haha! I liked that one :lol: )
has added bit more fuel to the fire.

The one thing that has been going on in my mind lately is
if 3 past lovers of JZ have never been heard from again,
shouldn't people start looking at that track record?
Jeff did his google video/interview with Joe Sz.
JO is pretty much ostracized to Spain.
And now James has been tagged with the word "pretense."

Come on people! Don't you wonder why the 3 people in the past 20 years to JZ,
not to mention the dentist and the father of JZ's children,
what they must know but have been silenced by some mean$$ ??!!
She has been through more men than I have cars in the same time period.
SURELY, she could not have a long list of lemons!!
Oh wait.
She forgot to add the men to her list?
How can they be the greatest thing since sliced bread
("JO has held the channel and the school together during these trials")
and then be silenced? Don't you wonder what she is really like to live with?

nah. forget it.
Just keep writing letters to the editor about how "small minded" people in the Yelm
vicinity are.
Your words speak volumes of your own thought reformed ignorance.
One day, you will be embarassed to see what you wrote.
tree

2 more cvomments from the article

Unread post by tree »

Tree said:

Steve and Liz-
Thank you for your kind regards.
I just don't see how one reader can interpret someone as having a traffic accident
as having missed "a human interest story."
I have plenty of stories that could make the front page of the NVN, but I am not into promoting my own interests.
As you have quoted, MLK, Steve, I too, will not be silent in what it takes to bring injustices down.
But I don't need the NVN nor a blog representing all of Yelm to do it.
It was a minor traffic accident. wth?

Good luck in promoting what you see as inadequecies in Yelm and how it is run.
January 30, 2009 6:52 AM

liz said:
The NVN consistently writes negative articles about Roy and Rainier and yes, their city government has suffered greatly because of budget issues and constraints. Frankly, I?m tired of seeing it on the front page news every few weeks, pointing fingers at anything which may reflect them in a more negative manner. Where are the positive stories about them on what they have and or trying to accomplish on their budget restrictions?

Where are the real stories and reports on Yelm city government, over-staffed police department, and the inefficiencies in Yelm city government? If NVN ?has to write a story? they need to start in their own back yard, addressing and investigating the Yelm community issues and concerns on the front page too.

I for one, would like to see other Yelm young women on the front page. Miss Washington is addressed every few weeks in the NVN, give it a break. Surely we have other news-worthy, dedicated and talented young women in the Yelm community who are worthy of front page news and deserve to be addressed and congratulated by this community.
January 31, 2009 6:54 PM

Return to “Pages 1 & 2 - General Chit Chat & Social Forums”