Epictetus' (born ca. 55) Freedom

For general chit chat on RSE related topics. You are walking through the woods and come upon a group socializing around the campfire. Pull over a log to sit on and join us. Introduce yourself here! Pages 1 & 2
Compassion

Epictetus' (born ca. 55) Freedom

Unread post by Compassion »

Check information on him at 'From Wikipedia, the free encyclopdia'...

I have many ingredients of personality in my kitchen of mind. Therefore, in my massage chair and coffee quiet AM time, I have many different readings to start my life appreciation breadfast 'This Is A Good Day!'. This is one. I usually let it open where I need to be.

'THE BOOK OF LIFE' the master key to inner peace and relationahip harmony. A new interpretation of Epictetus's Handbook. Edited and interpreted for a new millennium by Gay Hendricks and Philip Johncock

For Example:
page 52, FRAGMENT 3
It's universal law that all things obey and seve the universe--earth and sea, sun and stars, plants and animals. Your body, likewise, obey its laws, both in sickness and health, and youth and old age, as you pass through the stages of your life.

It's reasonable, then, that those things obey and serve you, namely your judgments, obey and serve you and the universe. For the universe is powerful and superior to you, and it has done even more on your behalf than you can imagine by embracing you in its bigger picture of existence. To act against the universe is to align yourself with a lack of reason, futile harassment, pain, and sorrow.

Compassion
PS I use to swing with the exchange of appreciation with my twin (who left to go to RSE). My grief judgment of SELF is 'I miss my giving'. Now, I have appreciation of all on this 'breakfast' website by quoting from the movie, 'You Got Mail.' Thank you.

Today Is A Good Day!

Return to “Pages 1 & 2 - General Chit Chat & Social Forums”