We are still here

The RSE teachings The Days To Come "TDTC" would have us believe that the world is going down the tubes with all sorts of doom & gloom.
That the Yelm area is protected.
Lost in Space

We are still here

Unread post by Lost in Space »

Looking through "TDTC" prophesies from other sources on Religious Tolerance.org - a great source of impartial information - I came accross this page, listing many many future disaster predictions from all over the world, from many different groups and faiths. They never happened, and some of them are laughable. I post this link here to lend perspective on the RSE TDTC prophesies. If even just one person is led to relax a wee bit regarding future prospects, I will have done my job.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrld.htm
I also attach this quote, from predictions of the end of the world as we know it after 2020, purely for comic relief:
2047-SEP-14: According to The Church of !BLAIR!, the human race will probably be terminated at 3:28 AM (Soho, UK time). The church teaches, with tongue firmly in cheek, that if the human race does not discard their plastic conformity, then the Gods will withdraw their protection. The Gods don't want us to worship them; they don't want sacrifices or even offerings. They just want us to rid itself of our excessive "Normalcy". At that time, Astro-Lemurs (extra-terrestrials similar in shape to lemurs, but with rainbow colored bodies) will attack the entire human race and beat them to death with gigantic burritos. You have been warned. ;-)
WofthesunEofthemoon

Re: We are still here

Unread post by WofthesunEofthemoon »

Love the story about the rainbow coloured lemurs, Lost in Space. So obviously true, and I am taking measures, even as we speak, to protect myself and family from 'Their Furrinesses' with the giant burritos! :lol:

Great link, too. I had been to a similar site, recently, offering much the same sort of information. (Having been particularly curious to know from where the idea of this 21 Dec 2012 date had originally come.)

I do hope there will be many who will follow your link and really consider everything that can be read there.
Lost in Space

Their Furrinesses, lol.
In an effort to reassure and subsequent research, I have stumbled on a vast array of conspiracy theories, predictions, prophets, etc. I don't like to think of people living in fear, particularly when it seems as though there is an agenda behind the raising of fear spectors in the minds and hearts of the devout or sincere - a nasty prank played on the seeker, for sure! There are enough things in the modern world to contend with, without having people deliberately hyped up.
I remember my neighbour, a follower of a certain Christian sect, telling me that there were evil spirits in my house - that sort of thought raises serious questions about the validity of a teaching - I mean, even if there were, what did he propose to do about it? Was he offering to save me? Yet, I couldn't get angry at him for I believed he was sincere. It's quite another matter to consider that sort of talk from somebody who is deliberately trying to scare people into submission or adherence. Reminds me of charlatan fortune tellers saying that they can avert the dire things they have predicted for a person, if that person pays them x amount of cash. Sickening.
WofthesunEofthemoon

Aye to that, Lost in Space.

Your story about the person telling you that you had evil spirits in your house rather reminds me of other stories - where palmists, tarot card readers, or whatever, have what they believe to be 'bad news' for their 'clients'. There are times when, surely, discretion must always be the better part of valour and that they make the decision to say nothing, even if they sincerely believe, themselves, that they have 'seen' something ominous looming on the horizon for the 'sitter'. I suppose there are some that feel that they can give 'advice' to ward off the problem, but..............? To me, this is all a very pernicious practise.

I, too, am very concerned to find any means available, information on the internet, etc., to give reassurance to people who have been made to feel very frightened indeed by all the 'doomsday' prophesies that are abounding right now. Everyone has enough to deal with, in their everyday lives, and with problems that are very real in the world today, without all this terrifying nonsense being added to it. Grrrrr :evil:
appealing

Unread post by appealing »

Dang I wondered what that rainbow coloured furry thing outside my house holding a large mexican food specimen was doing! Who the heck do i call about this one!? Ramtha never warned me about those!

Anyway, one of my favourite sites at the moment is http://www.2012hoax.org/ which has got a very funny link to Penn and Teller on the bottom left, one of the most enlightened things I have seen thus far about 2012. Be warned the language could be described as a bit coarse. Having said that, if you have been in an audience with JZ you won't find it anything unusual. Very funny and insightful.

Now I must go and eat something, looking at that lemur's burrito has made me hungry!

:D Appealing
WofthesunEofthemoon

Yup, Appealing, there have been reports from rather confused people about space-ships, in the shape of enormous tacos, clouding the night skies over London. Even reports about pieces that have dropped off, which have been very tasty and consumed with gusto. One poor old lady on a zimmer-frame was led gently away repeating: "Yes, big furry things, all different colours, with some Mexican-type thingamy-job, which came from that great, big floating thing up in the sky!". It's all true. Why has Ramtha missed this? A complete mystery. LOLOL :lol:
Lost in Space

Just to throw us off, some appear in the form of inedible objects, like Frisbees....Appealing and W.E., this is such fun, seriously though, I am dealing with a family member who has so lost his usual good sense, he really does think that the end is coming soon. I doubt that he would even have found the burrito reference, or "their furrinesses" amusing, so profound is his sense of angst. I believe this sort of doom and gloom is becoming prevalent in many sectors, not only at RSE. I'm going, though, with that scene in Harry Potter where you are supposed to visualize that thing which you most fear, and then with the power of imagination, render it ridiculous to yourself.
WofthesunEofthemoon

Hi, Lost in Space,

I am so sorry that your person is too full of worry an angst to even have a look at an amusing prospect. That far too often happens to us when we are overcome by fear. I feel for your loved one, and for you.

With regard to how to overcome your fears, by making them look ridiculous (and here I do not intend to sound as if I am wiping away the seriousness of how your loved one feels, by any means), please may I share with you a very British idea of how not to be in awe of 'powers that be'? Sometimes we Brits like to take the mickey out of the Queen. Don't ask me why, we just do. In order to really do this, you have to imagine her sitting on the loo. The accompanying script could be anything like: "Oh, Philip, dear, do please shut the door. You know how you put me off when you are hovering. I do need to concentrate. I have such dreadful constipation at the moment." All spoken with a mega-big plum in the mouth, of course.

The only thing to do with fear is not to succumb to it. Someone once remarked to me, a long time ago that 'fear is the door through which evil enters'. It is certainly the door which renders us helpless and incapable.

OK, so we might all be dead in two years' time. But, what if we are? For myself, I don't believe that for a moment, and would do my utmost to put anyone's fears at rest, especially young people who have heard these rumours and are terrified out of their wits, which is outrageous. But, what if we are? What does that mean for other people on the board? Because, for anyone who has fear of this, they need to understand what that fear really is, and what it means for them. I don't have those answers for them, but I have looked at what it might mean for me. I believe, and am sure, there is multiple proof out there, that this is all a whole load of rubbish. If I get run over by a bus tomorrow, then I get run over by a bus tomorrow. It's simply no use at all for me to get my knickers in a twist over the possibility of that happening today, thereby ruining my life with the fear of something that may never happen.

Lots of love

W.E.
Lost in Space

But I like the Queen! She bears a striking resemblance to my Mom. Thanks for that story, though, W.E., it does graphically illustrate that our monarchs are human, like the rest of us.

I am not so much, for myself, afraid of death. I am afraid of losing people, though. And seeing the Earth torn apart, even if I and those near and dear to me survive, in some major catastrophic event, would be horrible.
Personally, I agree with several people on this board who have expressed the idea that once the foretold horrific event does not materialize at the end of 2012, it seems likely some of our beloved RSE students will move towards a more hopeful view of the future.

And thank you, W.E., for your customarily empathetic words about my family member. He seems to be feeling somewhat better; however, he has taken life altering and dramatic steps to prepare for an event which may never, and probably won't any time soon, materialize - a potential calamity in and of itself.

Showing my own New Agey and somewhat woo woo stripes, if enough people focus on the end of 2012, they may actually effect some sort of dramatic event! We must work hard to see to it that they focus their gifts and energies in some direction more beneficial to themselves and the rest of us.

Love to you too,
LIS
appealing

Unread post by appealing »

Hi LIS, and others B)

Although I mentioned the Penn and Teller link on the 2012hoax.org website, actually most of the website is really credible sources of information about why the various doomsday threats are not worth worrying about - eg. polar shift, solar flare etc. It makes for very interesting reading and was created by scientists and researchers, both amateur and professional, who wanted to let people know that being scared was not serving any purpose.

There is just too much amazing stuff in the world to worry about what isn't even real yet. And this is spoken by someone who has now lived through 2630 odd earthquakes in the last 2 months. It is only human nature to worry. No other animal carries any other fear with it any longer than is needed to deal with immediate threat. Hmmm. I'm thinking those lemurs truly are enlightened!!! And again the thought of burritos has made me hungry!
Vanilla

Unread post by Vanilla »

Appealing-

Penn and Tellers show making fun of people who believe in the Apocalypse is here. I laughed so hard.

Just press play, you dont have to sign up for anything, just press the green arrow

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=V2RUW7K2

Return to “RSE a Doomsday Cult”