The Wisdom Available From the Rear-View Mirror

The RSE teachings The Days To Come "TDTC" would have us believe that the world is going down the tubes with all sorts of doom & gloom.
That the Yelm area is protected.
See&E

The Wisdom Available From the Rear-View Mirror

Unread post by See&E »

Greetings EMF readers! Happy Hallow'Een Month of Things Designed to Scare, Frighten, or Entertain You...

As I was hiking in the mountains and foothills of Boulder this past week, I had the humorous, enlightenment and reflection-- which was granted only through exercise, nature, and the incense of Pi?on Pines, in the renowned "Enchanted Mesa" of Chataqua and the FlatIrons area of Boulder, Colorado.

The GIFT of Using the "Rear View Mirror" of Time & Space

For those readers who may not have been living (in a body) in the 1960's,
There was a time when "only Boulder & Tibet" were predicted would survive
some previous ?nd of times prediction in the Boulder=Tibet connection. People travelled,
moved, awaited the mystical, cosmic, mayan, prophetic event in which one had to be in
the location of these two areas on the planet, else suffer the fate & destiny of the planet.

Of course, the time period came and went, and life, society, the establishment, human life went on.

The benefit of the old Theosophy, Spiritualist, I AM Movements, Psychic Groups, had upon the Western World until recently, was the mystical allure of a far off place, where legends, mythic folklore, all manner of propagated stories were written about Masters, Gurus, Yogi's, Fakirs, from the East, the MidEast, the Himmalayans, The Tibetans, The Egyptians, you name it.

There were eras of facination & fear of anything having to do with Egyptian Pyramids, Mummies, and in England & America, the wealthy even used to have parties around unwrapping mummified remains allegedly transported here from Egyptologists, Archeologists, and the like.

There were the Spiritualist circles and movements, which have been discussed in many threads on the previous website and this one, which also address these historical groups & beliefs.

As I was hiking, however, I realized and contemplated the many, MANY, times that doom & gloom, cataclysmic, or earth-change, karmic retribution, or dire situations were upon us.

In only the past, and most recent six decades, from the 1950's to Present (as we approach the end of 2008), it has been a period of periodic, sometimes widely believed FEAR in all manner of circumstance which might end our lives, our families, our country, our world, over and over again.

In my youth, there was the ever-present Communist Threat. The "Russians" were a far-off people whose empire had infiltrated our entire country in movies, books, music, science, business, and were allegedly living among us waiting for the directive to take over our country.

This was in the pre-nine-eleven/homeland security reinvention, and the post 1930's & 1940's era, after the great-depression, where families (my parents & grandparents) remember having to paint the upper part of the headlights of their vehicles so as not to be seen by invading bombers who might come and bomb them during the night.

With the dropping of the Atomic Bomb at Hiroshima,
The Atomic Tests, in Nevada, and Elsewhere in the World,
During the so-called "Cold War" era, we as school children
Regularly, routinely had not only Fire Drills, but BOMB drills.

We had to alternatively duck and hide underneath our desks in
grade school, or silently-yet-swiftly go in lines down into the basement
or fall-out shelters of our school and sit in darkness in the drills similuting
the very real potential (we were told) of nuclear attack or warfare.

The world of recognized, organized religions, were only a handful in those days.
There were the Protestants, The Catholics, The Jews, The Others (All other religions of
Countries of people we knew very little about, and never were taught about the Muslims/Islamic/Arabic/Hindu World... only fictionalized, romanticized stories, music,
movies, fables. (Ali Baba, Aladdin's Lamp, Tales of Arabian Nights, Yogi's, Fakirs, Snake Charmers, People who Charmed Rope and climbed up the rope and disappeared in thin air).

We heard tales about the great World Wars (the "War to End all wars"). The Second World War against Hitler, the Nazi's, and the holocost. The rations, the hard way of life for Americans, and those in Europe. As a result of Pearl Harbor, those of Asian descent were sequestered away in camps in our own country.

There was much fear, mistrust of people, religion, and "isms" of every kind. Even among Christians, the Catholics & Protestants often had animosity or judgment from one group to another. You were not easily welcomed to be friends, date, or be considered a close friend if your religion wasn't the right kind of Christian, or even the right Church itself.

Race was a serious, segregated, and largely accepted result of God's plan. Groups, even as recently as Mark & Elizabeth Clare Prophet's groups, had various 'teachings' on race-root origins, and this was not even considering the whole topic of sexuality, whether only in thought, action, or involving other people or not.

So, to recap a bit, all the Taboo's, all the (pardon the use of People, Places, Things, Times & Events) pptte, in our lives, or world, and society had us fearful of each other, of diversity in race, nationality, religion, geography, sexuality, age, class/income, and strong divisions, later in the Vietnam War.

When you consider, that there have been in every decade-- sometimes many times/years, when we were on the verge of economic, national-security, cataclysmic threat, or prophesized predictions of cosmic earth changes, polar flips, earthquake predictions, continental drift readjustment, and oh yes, how could I forget, the Space Brothers or Aliens living among us, coming into our homes at night, and doing experiments upon us, being abducted, well, it has been a very bizarre system of beliefs to be subjected to in just one generational life time!

Remember the Harmonic Convergence of August 16-17th, 1987? Where the End of Time,
Mayan Calendar (previously), Edgar Caycee, Mystical, Alignment of Planets, in Age of Aquarius fashion, was going to require those of us (yes us in this very room) to be light bearers. Our thoughts, meditations, decrees/affirmations/fiats (CUT), and Crystals, all manner of New-Age Happening... but .... heavy sigh... nothing happened.

Here is a link, if you don't recall that:

Harmonic Convergence August 16-17, 1987

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonic_Convergence

Interestingly enough? The Days To Come teachings (JZR) came out in the same period of time, 1987-1988. Coincidence? Nah...

Time to build more/new/better bomb shelters, ug's, hide, take money out of banks, the end of the economic world was coming in May 1988. and then again later. And the BIG earthquake in California. And elsewhere in the country. And the great lakes were going to flood the central U.S...

And just a handful of Gold coins would be enough to pay off every debt you had, your mortgage, your land, your credit-cards would be forgiven...

Then, those years came and went, food supplies became spoiled, rodent infested, or all manner of flying insect. Undergrounds were not needed. The copper flakes, foil, and all manner of special precautions, not needed.

The bomb shelters in Montana were never needed for CUT either. Nor the stockpiles of ammunition, weapons, and the many militant groups, who by this time were told that income taxes were not necessary and they merely needed to stop paying their taxes, stockpile, and the patriot/militia era of Idaho, the Midwest, Texas, the South, was refueled.

Then, time for national and global scare... Y2K... The Year was Midnight of the new millinea. The year of 2,000. All manner of religions, legend, urband legend, prophecy, was coming to be the end of time, of life... The world might stop when all computers ceased functioning, and the world wide banking/economic system would make food supplies, transportation (air, truck, rail, you name it) impossible for a while.

That came and went rather lackluster. Maybe the clock on the VCR had to be reset. Many computer programs were rewritten in the business world, yes. But not the end of time or end of life as we knew it.

Now, here we are in the penultimate weeks before election in the U.S.

Like the collapse of the U.S.S.R. and the communist threat, and Russians now truly living among us, and working in all manner of companies. There children are going to school with our children. There are now Protestants and Catholics going to school together (gasp) in the same schools. No one accuses the other of you know you're going to go to hell, don't you. People of all different religions, race, origins, sexual preferences live together, are friends, and in the reality of our generation....

The first Afro=American Presidential Candidate has the popular vote of 'we the people' according to the national polls, and the completely integrated gatherings of the curious, the supporters.

With Hillary Clinton almost winning the Democratic Presidential nomination, and Sarah Palin, as the Vice Presidential Running mate of the REPUBLICAN party, we see that there is even evolution, hope, and change in treating Women in a more respected, manner than has ever before been done in non monarchy, aristocratic societies.

I offer these reflections, these real-life experiences, memories, and having survived all manner of doom & gloom event in these decades, for your consideration and reflection, when considering any group, cult, organization, religion, political party, or of even the illusionary 'societal NORM* *I think he was only a character on Cheers.

Yes, we are going through economically challenging times, but we have before!

Depending on what one wants to allow themselves to see, the vision, dream of "we the people
is to my experience, indeed, evolving. The song of "We Shall Overcome" popular in the Martin Luther King era, comes to my heart and mind.

Think of these scary times, not so differently than Hallow'Een is voluntarily celebrated in the U.S. and other countries. It too shall certainly pass.

All this wisdom is possible from doing "mirror work" (cough cough) of the Rear-View mirror in the highway of life. The road of our personal experience and our time, not of others.

To quote William Soroyan,

"In the time of your life, ... LIVE!
So that, in that time,
You shall not add to the misery & suffering of the world,
But shall smile to the infinite mystery and wonder of it!" :D
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

See&E posted, "To quote William Soroyan,

"In the time of your life, ... LIVE!
So that, in that time,
You shall not add to the misery & suffering of the world,
But shall smile to the infinite mystery and wonder of it!" "

OMG, See&E ! I should have read this post first ! Oh, you must be a runner for me (giggle), cuz I just described my trip to the living history museum, which added to me coming to this similar conclusion. I do agree.

To cite a cliche, "Is the cup half empty or half full ?" I think it's half full...well...more than half full. But you said it much more eloquently.
Another Dimension60

Unread post by Another Dimension60 »

See&E and Watcha.... runner=Divine synchronicity. Just prior to reading your different posts I read the following from a daily Buddhist email thing:So many veils and illusions separate us from the stark knowledge that we are dying. When we finally know we are dying, and all other sentient beings are dying with us, we start to have a burning, almost heartbreaking sense of the fragility and preciousness of each moment and each being, and from this can grow a deep, clear, limitless compassion for all beings.

Sir Thomas More, I heard, wrote these words just before his beheading: ?We are all in the same cart, going to execution; how can I hate anyone or wish anyone harm?? To feel the full force of your mortality, and to open your heart entirely to it, is to allow to grow in you that all-encompassing, fearless compassion that fuels the lives of all those who wish truly to be of help to others.

Very thought provoking posts. Thank you.
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

Absolutely thank you! :) :) :)

One thing that makes me "almost nuts" lol...are the "conspiracy" movies out there. Yes, the Federal Reserve is not a government agency, but come on! Zeitgeist is the newest, and the "addendum" with the "Venus whatever" utopian society would be, uh, utopian??? Who *are* these people? I did a google and found a lot of letters behind the names, (as with those who also "tested" jzrk"), but am working on political issues right now and haven't read through all of the links. This movie has gone "viral" in posts in other areas. I just want to scream when anyone sends me another link to it!..particularly because I, too, grew up during the era when we "hid" under our desks, the Cuban Missile Crisis, the cold war...and the wonderful undoing of the Berlin Wall. I'd like to hear some of the more encouring things of the human spirit, than the RSE-like "doom and gloom." Okay, I won't end this with, "to life"...(I don't want to offend anyone with my second language of "sarcasm"....but, let us live life to its fullest...and each of us lives life in our own manner...less we become "robots"....

"Live and let Live".... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972

Return to “RSE a Doomsday Cult”