Global warming article mentions RSE

The RSE teachings The Days To Come "TDTC" would have us believe that the world is going down the tubes with all sorts of doom & gloom.
That the Yelm area is protected.
littlewiseone

Global warming article mentions RSE

Unread post by littlewiseone »

Here is the digg link to the article:

http://digg.com/people/Think_Al_Gore_is ... hange_Cult

Also fun to read some of the comments ;) Can't wait to see what happens when the rse staff gets wind of this and all the 'followers' are told to post their fervent defenses of the beloved school and teacher...
...and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...

- The Beatles
zyxwv

Unread post by zyxwv »

haha, i already responded in the other thread, but yeah, that's my article. The Ramster response made me laugh pretty heartily. (also because yes, I was one of the protesters who laid down in front of military trucks last year, heh). I would love for Ramsters to spam it with their responses. I'm sure that would boost its popularity :D
California Dreamin'

Unread post by California Dreamin' »

Loved the article. Any chance of getting it posted in Masters' Connection :P :P
zyxwv

Unread post by zyxwv »

hahaha, mayyyybe. my ex-girlfriend was in RSE and recently got out. She may still be registered on Masters. I might be able to ask her to post it there for me
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

zyxwv said, "my ex-girlfriend was in RSE and recently got out."

WOW !!!

are you going to share the story of how THAT came about, with us ? inquiring minds want to know !

gosh, i remember when you were first posting. it didn't sound like she'd ever get out. although, i know a number of folks who others never thought they'd get out...and...they DID. i'm one of them.

never give up.
tree

Last edited by zyxwv on Fri May 23, 2008 4:20 pm;

Unread post by tree »

Hey, so I used to post on the old board pretty frequently last fall, I don't think i've been back much since then. If anyone needs a refresher about me/my story, here it is:

I posted a lot about my then girlfriend who was getting into RSE pretty heavily. I was living with her (and one or two other Ramsters) and as I realized RSE was a dangerous cult, not just a "haha, look at those goofballs" cult, I got increasingly upset about her involvement. I asked for a lot of advice and even at one point asked for someone on this board to meet with us to tell her why RSE was a hoax, etc. We ended up breaking up, partially over Ramtha (paired with a general agreement that we were seeing life and our paths very differently and that there wasn't much use in carrying on a serious relationship when we didn't even share lifestyles, etc anymore), and I kind of stopped posting.

The relationship ended mutually and on good terms. We were still friends right away, and after a few months of awkwardness wearing off, we became even better friends. Anyways, I am SUPER glad to say that a couple months ago she decided not to go to her spring Primary, and last week she called me to say that she officially realized Ramtha is a cult and that she has severed pretty much all of her ties to it (mailing lists, etc).

We had a talk for a few hours and it went really well. She was only involved for a little over a year, so her freak out phase has been pretty short and mild, but I'm recommending her to EnlightenMeFree in case she needs any support. I don't know if she'll join the boards at all, but I just thought everyone would appreciate the update

Last edited by zyxwv on Fri May 23, 2008 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Return to “RSE a Doomsday Cult”