David Albert interview, re: what the bleep

Post your comments about this movie.
littlewiseone

David Albert interview, re: what the bleep

Unread post by littlewiseone »

10 minute interview with David Albert, one of the 'talking heads' from what the bleep, explaining his perspective on how he was misrepresented and had his comments taken out of context. Apparently most of the 4 hours of footage filmed of him for the wtb was of him politely trying to explain that science does NOT support the theory of C+E=R as they so desperately try to 'prove' in the film. Of course, his explanations were cleverly edited to suit the agenda.

http://bloggingheads.tv/diavlogs/12123? ... t=00:21:06

and another what the bleep review:

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2 ... lt-science
...and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...

- The Beatles
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Finally David Albert is speaking out.

I personally spoke to one of the producers of the movie WTB,
she actually agreed with me that the science was bogus...!
but defended it as necessary..
"because it gets people to think"...!

scary..

Thank you littlewiseone...

David.
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

The following isn't David Albert, but it's a good article addressing the PSEUDOSCIENCE topic, and WTBleep.

http://skeptically.org/spiritualism/id14.html you can read the full article.

Here is an excerpt that caught my eye (below). It is the same mindset that can dismiss the lives of all those people who are deserving of their deaths in that Indian Ocean tsnuami. What cold heartedness.

"In April of this year I invited one of the film?s directors, William Arntz, along with one of his science consultants, Joe Dispenza, to Portland State University. To put the question of free will and responsibility to the test I put up a photo of a child with Downs Syndrome. I asked if this child was free to create any reality he wanted. Was this child responsible for his condition, I queried? Arnzt responded that in fact he is to blame for his disorder?he is paying for transgressions in a previous life. This is the same doctrine of reincarnation and karma that justified the caste system in India. The same logic blames the patient for their cancer.

What begins as promises of freedom of thought soon evolves into demands for correct thought and behavior. As Satinov says in the film: ?People ought to be instructed to make different choices.? The source of the correct ideas is the prophet. The promised payoff for adherence to the dogma is freedom from the fears of death, disease, and misery. The fact that these are deep fears that we are all vulnerable to, sets the stage for rampant exploitation and abuse by charlatans and cults. As J. Z. Knight asks, ?Have you ever stopped for a moment to look at yourself through the eyes of the ultimate observer??
"
Whatchamacallit

Dr. Rory Coker, professor at the University of Texas, has plenty to say about PSEUDOSCIENCE and Ramtha and JZ Knight.

This is a really good read !

https://webspace.utexas.edu/cokerwr/www ... osp05.html

LWO, see what you started, hahaha.
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

One thing I find alarming is the amount of young people, say around 20-ish, who are REALLY into "What the Bleep" and "The Secret." These are bright kids with hearts wanting to change the world, many without the physics background. I can't say whether or not they know about RSE, I only know what I've read in myspace and facebook. At best, all one can do is post a link to the wonderful sites you all have posted. No one wishes to change anyone's desire to live in a peaceful and loving world, but this movie is a huge disservice using wishful thinking as to just HOW to go about it. You have to get out there and DO it, not walk blindfolded in a muddy field. That's akin to walking blindfolded through life, just wishin'..and hopin'.. 8) Reminds me of the story of the fellow stuck on a rooftop during a flood when a boat and helicopter come by to rescue him. He refuses, saying "God will help him." I really don't want to see a generation wiped away because they missed the boat, thinking they were going to "ascend" instead (maybe if they'd taken the helicopter). :wink:
8) 8) 8)
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
Whatchamacallit

G2G said, " really don't want to see a generation wiped away because they missed the boat, thinking they were going to "ascend" instead (maybe if they'd taken the helicopter)."

I think you really struck upon something here. I'll even tie this response in to the title of this thread (apologies for it getting off track, JTR).

Students are told they will attain ascension if they "do the Great Work" because the disciplines are DESIGNED by Ramtha TO work. So, they dutifully hush themselves up, and do the work - the expect they'll attain enlightenment (Godhood in flesh).

JZR as "Ramtha" said that he wasn't here to save us because we didn't need saving. Then, students are told to build UG's because they can't save themselves. Then, they are told that the elite of the school (which remains UNnamed, so everyone hopes the heck they're among the select), will be taken up on his ship, Miriah-Ah-Moon or whatever spelling it is....dunno if anyone ever got THAT correct.

Anyway, just more mind games.

I like my garden, the deer, skunks, muskrats, groundhogs, turkeys, squirrels, all manner of birds in our birdhouses, chipmunks....REAL life...people...friends and family...life on planet Earth in the 3rd dimension that is very real. Grounded. Don't need Ramtha's ship to save me. Or hope that it will.

Oh, thank goodness that is all over with. In my life, the journey out of RSE has BEEN my enlightenment. It's so freeing, and so mind opening - open minded, free from the restriction of being told what's real and what to think/do/be. It's sad that they believe they are so openminded, but they are very closedminded, dictated by the big dude/ess.
tree

Unread post by tree »

the journey out of RSE has BEEN my enlightenment

This one liner has got to be the post of the month

" free from the restriction of being told what's real and what to think/do/be. It's sad that they believe they are so openminded, but they are very closedminded"
Whatchamacallit

yeah......and the fear they live in.

i sat next to a staff person at one event that i never forgot. i just sat there, dumbfounded. i should have left then, dingbat me. ohhhh...smack self on head !

well, this guy is sitting there on the aisle seat. i'm right next to him so i can't avoid hearing this:

another staff person (male), walks up to the guy sitting next to me. he said to him something along the line of why did you tell jz blah blah blah. apparently, this guy messed something up by accident and was trying to cover his tracks, but he got found out and he knew he was in some deep doodoo. he was terrified !!!! so the two guys bantered back and forth, clearly trying to figure out how best to deal with this pickle.

i also heard a conversation from one of the kitchen queens, talking about how jz would have temper tantrums and ripped her a new one, because she tossed out a bowl of oatmeal ! whoa. heck, she oughta have some more kids - my kids will dump food on the floor ! the garbage would be easier to deal with !!! LOL

then another time (not all that long ago), m.marie was on stage for i dont' remember what acknowledgement (tree u probably remember this ?) and she was hugging "ramtha", telling her story about a computer and jz. well, she also commented that "i'm more afraid of jz than of you (ramtha)."
very, very telling comment, i thought to self.

i did not know her personally (thank goodness), but i've heard enough that it seems clear to me that she has quite the temper and her staff is in fear of her. a MALEVOLENT dictatorship.

good grief. i rethink this stuff and say to myself, what in the world took me so long to get out ? ack !!! the handwriting was so clearly on the wall.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

David Albert

Unread post by David McCarthy »

David Albert, the professor from the Columbia University physics department who was featured in the film, is quoted in Salon.com saying:
I was edited in such a way as to completely suppress my actual views about the matters the movie discusses. I am, indeed, profoundly unsympathetic to attempts at linking quantum mechanics with consciousness. Moreover, I explained all that, at great length, on camera, to the producers of the film ... Had I known that I would have been so radically misrepresented in the movie; I would certainly not have agreed to be filmed.
"Bleep" of faith - Page 2 - Salon.com
http://dir.salon.com/story/ent/feature/ ... ndex1.html
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....

Return to “The Movie: What The Bleep”