Cults - The Wave .. a Movie

What experiences led to your opinion that RSE is, or isn't, a cult ? Address issues; no flaming tolerated.
Wakeup-Call

Cults - The Wave .. a Movie

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

I just watched this... referenced by Tree in the old forum

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=% ... itesearch=#

Yep, I think RSE is a cult.

From my observation, Tree has certainly been treated the way the girl who speaks out in the movie is treated.

Tree, just want to extend my personal thanks that you've publicly shared the details of your experience. I didn't give the EMF forum much thought until I heard a few years ago that you were posting on it.

I never saw you being a "glory hound" but a very devoted student and mom. If it had been Sir Robert posting here, I would've assumed he was taking another stab at infamy. He seems to grab it however he can get it. I will also add my two cents here that I found it quite plausible that the man you described raped you. My every encounter with him in 10 years was that he was an utter, pompous, condescending jerk. Never saw him happy in his duties. I always wondered why he even stuck around RSE.

Well... kudos to you for living up to the "teaching" about paying the price for truth and freedom.
tree

Unread post by tree »

:oops: um...thank you.

the price has been steep, but I think after a year and a couple months,
I actually have much of my former brain and emotions intact.

I am going to post here that since my hiatus here at EMF, I have moved very far away from Ramsterville.
I cannot express to the ex-students who still live in Yelm, how freeing it has been.
I thought I was on the path to freedom when I left RSE.
I got educated about coercisve persuasive groups.
I got a very good and understanding therapist. (First two were know-it-alls).
I posted my progress (pretty much as a therapy and outlet) on EMF.

But then, one day, I said enough.
I put all my stuff in the car and I just left.
I moved away from all the gray clouds and chaos of survival.

I was near theColorado River when I realized, for the first time in 20 years I could actually read the sports section of the paper that I once so enjoyed and not be lambasted about having fun about betting on the odds of putting a little ball in a hole or making a fantasy football team.
I realized I could go to ANY town or city and not be afraid that the world was going to cave in on me.
I realized I could go ANYWHERE in the world, and I was going to be safe and alright.
I tell you, those invisible bars came unshackled right there in Arizona. I will NEVER forget it.

To KNOW , once you are out of such a group, that they made these invisible barriers in your brain, and to endeavor to find
your way out of that maze is a trip unto itself.
I KNEW those neuro nets had been placed there, and I was diligently working on finding the map and then navigating my way OUT.
It wasn't until that river of epiphany that those invisible crossbars came shattering down around my feet....and I was numb.
I was numb with awe at how imprisoned I had actually been, even though I was out.
I was numb with the vastness of literally everything that lay in front of me.
I was numb with tears of absolute joy of having re-discovered the real me BEFORE I found RSE.
I wished the producers had been there at that moment to capture, what I would reckon a prisoner of war feels like when a rescue team
finally arrives. It was beyond anything I even anticipated or even thought could happen. It was very over whelming.

I pray, or send good thoughts, or whatever word you want to interject here that all people can be mentally and physically healed
from such an indoctrination of ANY group of this kind.
I know I can't help the thousands of scientologists, nor the hundreds of FDLS women and children, nor even the hundreds of people that
have been duped by the character 'Ramtha.'
If just being myself has helped one person on the road to understanding,
my journey has been worth it.

-Tree
Marie

Unread post by Marie »

Tree.... Awesome.

I'm so happy, proud of you.......You have a great amount of courage and are an inspiration to many.
journeythroughramthaland

Beautiful!

Unread post by journeythroughramthaland »

I tell you, those invisible bars came unshackled right there in Arizona. I will NEVER forget it.
Your whole description is so moving and real.

When it happens, it does seem instantaneous no? An amazing process.

Thank you.

PS
I vote for stickiness
"I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education."
-William Mizner
HumblePied Piper

Re: Beautiful!

Unread post by HumblePied Piper »

journeythroughramthaland wrote:
Your whole description is so moving and real.
With my partner, I often wonder if she "feels" anything when talking about the disciplines. It seems canned, and perhaps, she can't tell if it is real or not. I hope she can someday read this thread and understand the freedom, the joy and the real experiencing of her own emotions.

Brilliant description, Tree. I am awed.
Stopped going to the hardware store to get milk.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Thank you Tree..and everyone.......

So many new posters lately... from those with courage to fly free from the RSE cage.

No need for remarkable powers... to live a remarkable life..
No need to "manifest' a feather..when we have wings....

David. :D
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

Tree said, "the price has been steep, but I think after a year and a couple months,
I actually have much of my former brain and emotions intact. "

That's funny.....you have much of your former brain intact.....that just sounds funny !

I think your posts do show a big difference between what you were going through, and a peace and humor that you seem to have found at THIS point in life ! That's good for any of us, and inspirational and hope giving, to others. I expect that there are others who read here, that were where we were back when we were leaving RSE, each in our own ways. It seems overwhelming, and in ways it is for a while. But after the storm...the sun comes out again.
aussiegirl

Unread post by aussiegirl »

Tree, that was beautiful. Emotions are great, I am always telling my partner emotions make us human, lets feel them and embrace them. It so wonderful to read your joy at finding your freedom again.
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

Tree - your description defies description. That was prose! After reading a post where it's quoted jzrk states, "there are no seatbelts holding you here," you have so eloquently described the true shackles of the mind. Just glorious reading it. I can imagine the awe at feeling free after so many years!!!!
Have you considered your memoirs of that sham of a school?

I am so happy for you. The "you" that you are is wonderful. Thank you for sharing this with us.

:) :) :)
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
littlewiseone

Unread post by littlewiseone »

Very touching Tree. Can you imagine, I've been out of the school for 7 years and I still often don't feel as clear as you put it. I guess recovery can be very confusing at times. You certainly have been an inspiration to many here and I'm sure many more who never even post.
...and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...

- The Beatles

Return to “Is RSE a cult ? What is RSE? Its purpose? Post your opinion.”