templeofpresence

Wonderful on the outside Treacherous on the inside....! Cults have millions of members around the world who also thought they were immune.
joe sz

templeofpresence

Unread post by joe sz »

on another thread MC and pseudoscience I mentioned a reform sect of CUt called Temple of the Presence.
here is a very short clip and a longer one of the leaders talking about "the God within, the I AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/TOPGreatCom ... 70cNYdY_pI
http://www.youtube.com/user/TOPGreatCom ... ktKvRdol3E
notice any similarities? :shock:
Vanilla

Re: templeofpresence

Unread post by Vanilla »

That stuff is so scary my goodness.

":God is I am, everything you to say to yourself, you say to god." says the blonde with the red lipstick
whatatrip

Unread post by whatatrip »

Can we say CREEEEEEPY?????!!!!!

oooohhhhh, made my skin crawl....
Vanilla

Unread post by Vanilla »

She looks like a Stepford wife
Lost in Space

Unread post by Lost in Space »

I also see differences...their broadcasts are free. And there is no mention of any events or gatherings or conferences that I could discover, although, maybe I didn't look hard enough.
Joe, was membership in CUT expensive? I mean, financially, as opposed to other intrinsic costs?
Lost in Space

I goofed...I have discovered that they do have conferences and gatherings...and I expect they are paid for.
Still wondering, Joe, was CUT expensive?
ex

Unread post by ex »

remember?: the list one of the rse thought disciplines. one requirement was to start every statement with 'i am'. guess we have the true inventor of this self hypnoses here.
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

Temple of Presence leaders are former CUT members, breaking with the group in the early-mid 1990s about the time Eliz Clare Prophet was losing members like rats abandomning a siunking ship, esp after the precited and failed "apocalypse" never happened in 1990 and the her dementia slowly took over---Dx finally in 1997. ToP leaders have so far avoided the aggressive mind control/money stripping of members practiced by their presecessors Mark and Elizabeth Prophet, but they do encourage donations all the time---so what is a "true believer" to do :?:

guilt, guilt, guilt---
erase it by giving more more more...
til thou art poor and have no more :shock:

CUT was a more sophisticated organization in some ways than RSE, [more books, more music self composed, more teaching centers, more political connections, and certainly better UGs! for the survival game. One could hold 2,000 for a year in Montana--it is now rodent infested to my knowledge.

More than 4,000 typically attended quarterly conferences 1978-1991. CUT had a "permanent staff" of maybe 800 at its peak and staff was given maybe $75 a month for spending money plus room and board in bunkhouse style living. Staff were expected to give up everything, all inheritance, assets, etc to the cause so when any of them left it was generally a move to Poverty Village. Common members were hit with pleas from "the Masters" [imagine 36 or so Ramthas with different names channeled by Lizabeth!] for donations continually. The ruling family lived quite lavishly compared to staff.
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

LiS

was CUT expensive?
Not so much to get in to conferences, their main indoctrination enterprise, but once you were there, the magic began to work and people could/would be writing checks for everything imaginable. CUT had several levels of 12 week indoctrnation courses that were affordable for most working people at the time--again, it was what you did after indoctrination with your money. One young lady I attempted to exit counsel gave up a $5 million inheritance after the 12 week course, for example.
Lost in Space

Twelve weeks??? And how did they convince people to spend twelve weeks? This boggles the mind. Sounds a bit like boot camp.
And, giving up one's inheritance does not sound like something one would ordinarily do with one's free will intact.
Thanks for your answer, Joe...I wil look into CUT further - also, inspired by communications on another site from a person I believe to have been a member, who still appears to be 'keeping the faith'.
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

CUT called it "Summit University" making it sound like an esoteric college with courses---lots of spoken out loud decreeing/rapid chanting of mantras and pages long invocations for power, health, money, wisdom, political change, judgment of enemies [moi! for example] at least 2.4 hours a day but more like 4-5 hours while at SU...most people were sucking on throat lozenges after a week of being there. No one at SU could keep up with the demanding workload of reading and listening to old lectures, going to licten to ascended masters speak through the "messenger" Elizabeth, getting to bed often very late at night then up early---sleep deprivation was a common experience. I never went but almost did before I "snapped" and dug my way out...

Return to “Destructive Manipulative Sects/Cults/Corperations, Cult Leaders Other Than RSE/JZ Knight”