Here is an article on channeling I thought was interesting.

Wonderful on the outside Treacherous on the inside....! Cults have millions of members around the world who also thought they were immune.
FreeNow

Here is an article on channeling I thought was interesting.

Unread post by FreeNow »

Keep the greater good at heart.
Lost in Space

Unread post by Lost in Space »

I thought that was very lucid and, yeah, interesting.
Thank you for that.
:D A much gentler, more balanced view of the human psyche, spirituality, out of body experience, channelling, gnosos, Supreme Being and Intelligence, and all that, than I am accustomed to seeing.

While I don't agree with every single thing in that essay, on the other hand, I see no harm in other people agreeing with any of that, and it is not likely to cause harm.
:D
FreeNow

Unread post by FreeNow »

I find these kind of websites interesting. I think of them as THEIR point of view. I take it all with a grain of salt now.
Keep the greater good at heart.
IUB

Unread post by IUB »

From article: "Of course, there is nothing knew in all this; all through history humans have stupidly worshipped lower astral formations and projections of their subconscious as "gods".

Now how simple, can that be, to see and know, that people are only following some so-called channels, 'lower astral projections' from their own subconscious mind. This is what I call, a wake-up call.

Again, Ascended Masters, don't, and wouldn't use a human body to commuicate their message. Why? It would be like the Sun (our star) moving into the body of a human being. That channeler would explode. Ascended Masters -- if you believe in such thing -- would in no way, have anything to do, with, channeling through another human being, if the 'Master,' really has, ascended. Also, an Ascended One, would never use the word "Master," as a title because again, it would see all, equal, in the whole cosmic flow. Any channel that uses the Word(s) Ascended Master, only see the devotee, as its slaves, never to free them, but to hold them in bondage, through new-age rhetoric, and fear.

A channel that uses the word, 'Ascended' is simply saying; I'm better then you because, I see myself as above you, and you are below me, so there. These titles Ascended Master, are only use, to make the channel feel so important, and so above it all, and so know it all. Where I hear the word "Master," its opposite comes to mind --- "Slave."

Even if the Sun, didn't move into the body, and only communicated from, the area of the channelers brain, no human can withstand the extreme power of the Sun: such would be the case, if Yashua Ben Joseph (his other post modern name, being Jesus) where to communicate, through a human being.
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

I read that article on channeling.
here's how it ends:
"What this means is that you, a "mere" human being, have the potential for far, far more knowledge and insight and truth and wisdom than all the Ramthas and Mafus and Lazaruses and Ascended Master Jesuses and all the rest rolled together. Think about it. And it is certainly much better to follow one's inner light and intuition, rather than some channelled being that is considered superior for no other reason than because it does not have a physical body. Of course, to follow one's own truth is also a much harder path, because most people tend to be spiritually lazy, and hence prefer to be told what to believe by a bible or priest or pope or guru or channelled "ascended master" or some other big daddy in the sky. But for those with the courage and the strength and the ability to follow their own gnosis, the universal Truth and understanding that comes from within, the reward is certainly great."

The writer uses circular logic and offers no realization, in my view.

The naive prejudice in Gnosticism and in most New Age babble is that all important knowledge" or truth comes from within." The other prejudice is that all knowledge from some other source, especially [godwithin forbid] from an established church, is somehow wrong or controlling.

If you accept the occultist's motto "As Above, So below" then the reverse is also reflects reality from "above." You could say "as within, so without."

Jesus told his core apostles, "whatever you [as an anointed, democratic group] shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." He reversed the prejudice that we must rely on some single prophet or divine source [within] for all revelation. "Where two or more are gathered together in my name, there I am." He stated that the 'Holy Spirit" would guide the group in their deliberations, thus as a group they would make more sense for the whole. The Apostles voted on changes. They did not depend on "channeling" Jesus through Peter.

The reason the Amercian system works as well as it does, when it does work, is because the constitution recognizes this universal prinicple of a democratic republic or the best elected minds working together in dispute and resolution.

Human beings are not angels. They are social creatures in bodies that need feedback from one another [communication through language, art, music, religion, etc]] and the environment [science] to understand themselves in the environment. If you limit that feedback to the restricted "inner" view of one person [JZ/R] you may very well and easily fall into a self-sealing system that restricts your ability to relate to others and the environment.

If you look at the success of the better Buddhist or any religious system, you find this group approach at work. Whenever a Tibetan sect like the Yellow Hat seeks a new "reincarnated lama", they elders work as a "group" to question a prospect. They may visit many youths before choosing one that seems to have the requisite abilities and the sacred ability to "pick" the previous lama's personal effects.

The Catholic Church of a billion people works because there is no infallible source for how it runs . Yeah, I know about the papal infallibity but that only occurs rarely when the pope ,after due consdiration before a board of 60 or so cardinals and bishops, states something about faith and morals--it is not just 'the pope' speaking. 99.9% of the time, popes can be fallible and are in what they say.The best minds manage the church and insititute reforms. Without that Catholics would never have overcome the Inquisition and science resistant popes and policies.

Cults like the early Mormons survived and thrive because they stopped leaning on the private revelations of Joe Smith after he was shot and died. Yes, they still rely on that "burning in the bosom" and spirit apparitions to "prove" their faith privately, but moreso they began to organize socially and eventually developed a group/constitutional approach through a board of elders. Of the elders, only one was/is permitted to make "divine" revelations [from within] now and then. No Mormon leader can babble-channel like JZ/R or similar cults.
Lost in Space

Unread post by Lost in Space »

Very lucid yourself, Joe...one problem I have with your depiction of the Catholic Church...if it is a "collegeum" of the "best minds", where is the voice of right thinking, proper Catholic women??????
I am not slamming the Church, but perhaps you can understand what I sometimes find offensive in that sort of argument.
Are you saying, for example, that a coven of Witches is not a democracy, and the college of Cardinals is? forgive my analogy, I get carried away with ideas sometimes.
And to lump all "occultists", "new agers", "theosophists", "pagans" to gether, is that any different from likening the Catholics to the Mormons, and making blanket pronouncements about both???

Return to “Destructive Manipulative Sects/Cults/Corperations, Cult Leaders Other Than RSE/JZ Knight”