Julian Assange

This forum will list the news articles relative to the topic of RSE, directly or indirectly.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Julian Assange

Unread post by David McCarthy »

“"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence and thereby eventually lose all ability to defend ourselves and those we love.
In a modern economy it is impossible to seal oneself off from injustice.

If we have brains or courage, then we are blessed and called on not to frit these qualities away, standing agape at the ideas of others, winning pissing contests, improving the efficiencies of the neocorpora¬te state, or immersing ourselves in obscuranta, but rather to prove the vigor of our talents against the strongest opponents of love we can find.

If we can only live once, then let it be a daring adventure that draws on all our powers. Let it be with similar types whos hearts and heads we may be proud of. Let our grandchildren delight to find the start of our stories in their ears but the endings all around in their wandering eyes.

The whole universe or the structure that perceives it is a worthy opponent, but try as I may I can not escape the sound of suffering. Perhaps as an old man I will take great comfort in pottering around in a lab and gently talking to students in the summer evening and will accept suffering with insouciance.
But not now; men in their prime, if they have convictions are tasked to act on them."

-- Julian Assange, 03 Jan 2007”
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
freemysoul

Re: Julian Assange

Unread post by freemysoul »

Here here! The only reason Julian is being persecuted is because he stepped on corrupt, powerful toes and embarrassed the status quo. The only people not impressed with this man are Fox News enthusiasts and powerful men with a closet full of skeletons. I also find it disgusting that it is blind accusations against him that find the headlines and not the hundreds of thousands of outrageous acts of proven treason he has uncovered against our constitution and humanity, which go unabated.
Here is to Julian Assange, and standing up to The Man.
hidesert

Re: Julian Assange

Unread post by hidesert »

I agree with you freemysoul. The courage to stand up for what one believes is definitely what this world needs more of....and it seems to me, more people are actually doing. Power to the people!

Return to “News Articles”