The Media not investigating

This forum will list the news articles relative to the topic of RSE, directly or indirectly.
LAB

The Media not investigating

Unread post by LAB »

I am so frustrated with the media not getting involved and investigating the situation at the Ranch. I honestly cannot for loss of job, family members etc...do much about speaking out. I want to shout it out but Im scared of the ramifications. What does everyone think of a picket in Yelm? Then the Nisqually Valley News would cover it!
ex

Re: The Media not investigating

Unread post by ex »

i understand your frustration. a action which calls only the local press is not enough. nissqually news showed several times that they don't wanna loose advertisement. fanatic ramsters believe in ramtha and jz. which is theire right. they have the right to be bamboozled. jzs weak point is that if the public knows what she says behind closed doors will alert people and diminish her to what she and her followers r. a insignificant minority who life in their self delusion.
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

There is too much reluctance in the local press to take RSE to task. Ex hit the nail on the head: being RSE-friendly keeps the advertising money rolling in. In the national and international press, Judy Knight just looks like another goof ball among hundreds, and she's got first amendment protection to say any crazy thing she wants as long as it isn't patently libelous.

It would be horribly horribly awful, but I think there would have to be a US incident of the ilk of the Phillipe Neniere and Agnis Jarde affair in Zambia before the press would take note. Let's hope nothing like that comes to pass.
Vanilla

Unread post by Vanilla »

Lab, why don't you make a video about your feelings? Post it online? I am sure alot of blogs will pick it up. That's a good idea. Just talk for ten minutes everything you feel. Write out an outline first. Most laptops have cameras. If you are so inclined to tell others what happened to you because of the school. Peace.
Hotdog

Unread post by Hotdog »

LAB wrote:I want to shout it out but Im scared of the ramifications...
The "RAMifications" - hahaha, sorry, that's just hilarious! :lol:
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

LAB
there is a story here but nothing as big as the 20/20 expose in 1988 has been done again. Perhaps to the really BIG networks Ramtha is old news or just another two-bit sideshow like the Camping thing a week ago. If it won't grab ratings, no producer will waste their time or the network's money. iow, it is properly a local story and Nissqually news is not sophisticated enough to take on a major effort or a potential lawsuit..

The second problem is this: Since the 20/20 expose [that Judy mockingly called "30/30" referencing the high caliber gun and bullet she felt after seeing the result] JZ and company, as much as they love the limelites [Larry King, etc], are very chary toward investigative journalism as in Dateline, 60 Minutes, or Frontline (is that still going?). One way to stop such snoopy shows in their tracks is to refuse to participate and threaten to sue if anything is shown without an "equal" opportunity to rebutt on the program itself.

eg, Dateline 1998 did a great expose on a bizarre, comparatively innocuous cult in Sedona, AZ called Aquarian Concepts Community led by "Gabriel" (Tony Develin). It is another New Age sect that involves channeling, reincarnation that I have had clients from:
http://www.rickross.com/reference/acc/acc3.html (DEAD LINK)
http://www.nhne.com/misc/food0002.html
http://nhne-pulse.org/videos/video-date ... of-sedona/

My guess is that most of the readers of EMF never heard of Gabriel or ACC....such is the state of Ramtha in the public awareness as well. No more hard hitting journalistic shows were done on ACC either.

Return to “News Articles”