News Tribune JZRamtha - Horse Scam - Messiah Arabian Stud - Yelm

This forum will list the news articles relative to the topic of RSE, directly or indirectly.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

News Tribune JZRamtha - Horse Scam - Messiah Arabian Stud - Yelm

Unread post by David McCarthy »

This article by CR. Roberts published in The News Tribune circa 1986.
Gives an interesting glimpse into the marketing talents of JZ Knight trying to palm off Arabian horses at RSE .
One such horse she sold to Ernie Kanzler by "Ramtha" claiming it was the reincarnation of his beloved horse "Shamiradin" and managed to swindle over $500.000 in cash from Ernie.
Yep..that was not a Typo error...."Over Five Hundred Thousand Dollars".
Ernie eventually got banned from RSE for trying to get his money back..... :sad:

David
By CR. Roberts published in The News Tribune
Jeff Knight was 7 years old visiting his grandfathers farm when he first rode a horse — a pony — and he was 16 when he took his first
lesson. He remembers the name of the first Arabian he rode - Star Jur and he remembers how it was that his dream of becoming a top breeder and trainer grew, from the time he began giving lessons in California to 1984, when his $40,000 mare VP Kahlua won first place honors both at the U.S. Nationals and the World Championships in Paris
He remembers too the high prices that Arabian horses brought just a few years ago.
But things have changed. The market has gone searching for a bottom.
It may have found what it was looking for last Saturday night at an auction held at Knight’s Yelm stables.
The market is up and down” Knight said, after the sale. He characterizes the current situation as “very soft.” One spectator at the event characterized the prices as “disastrous.”
Knight casts blame for the swayback temper of the marketplace on recent changes in the tax laws, the Wall Street crash last November and “the oil crunch a couple years back.”
A couple years back, Knight’s operation housed more than a hundred horses. Now he’s got 13, with five in foal. He says that over the next few years he’d like to stay “in the 13- to 20-horse range.”
And instead of catering to buyers whose interests focus on profits or tax codes, Knight says now that ‘the kind of buyer we want is the kind of buyer who’ll be Involved.”
‘A horse is to be loved.
“We don’t like to see investors who won’t be active with their horses,” he says.
The “we” he uses refers to his wife, JZ the well known Yelm necromantic. Only once during the sale did Mrs. Knight appear, this while showing VP Kahlua, the mother of Lot No, 14.
The program listed a total of 19 lots, numbered 1-12 and 14-20. only four of the lots were owned by the Knights; the others were sold on behalf of investors syndicates.
The sale was held in a barn as big as the gymnasium at the local high school.
The ushers and the sales staff wore tuxedos. Many of the spectators and bidders wore suits and ties, sill and minks. Cowboy boots strode with high heels.
Sprinklings of denim stood beside suede. The air stewed with horse-smells and the scents of costly perfumes.
Wide as a thin country road and strewn with woodshavings. the stage ran the length of the barn. The audience of nearly a thousand sat either at tableclothed tables in rows of folding chairs. Spotlights and stagelights shone overhead. An auctioneer and an announcer sat behind a lectern, facing all.
Billed as ‘Messiahs Magical Sale/A Time to Remember Your Forgotten Dreams,” the event saw an admixture of show business and real business, with seven theatrical vignettes enclosing the actual auctioneering.
After explaining the terms of the sale and the availability of credit terms, the announcer introduced the first lot, a horse named Nite Luv.
She is beautiful. She is exciting,” he said. After asking for an opening bid of $50,000, the auctioneer settled on $8,000. Nite Lay went for $14,500.
“We talk of beauty, we talk of excitement, we talk now of Lot No. 2,” said the announcer.
Don’t be bashful now, here’s a dream come true,”
said the auctioneer. He wanted to start the bidding at
$20,000 but he settled for $1,000. The horse went for $1,750.
‘She is talented, she is athletic - - she has what it takes,” said the announcer, of Lot No. 3 From an opening bid of $3,000 — not $25,000 — the horse sold for $6,300.
And so on.
She is elegance, she is beautiful, she is Lot No. ~. She has the attitude she has the aptitude’
She went for $1,700. Of Lot No. 14: “He is beauty, he is elegance, he is a magical dream.’ He started at $3,000 — not $50000 and he sold for $5,100.
And without the dream, the question was asked, how can you make a dream come true?
he is a drinker of the wind. he is Style, He is our Dream 19.” He went for $1,000.
‘The reality is the final dream,’’ said the announcer, introducing the final lot, a nervous colt. The- bidding began at an alarming $500.
‘Think of the reality of the future,” came the plea. The horse fell to a hammer of $l,900
I asked Jeff Knight about the reality of the present. Was it worth the $30,000 he spent putting on the show? He looked tired and he answered with eyes empty of smiles.
“I think so,” he said.

CR. Roberts
The News Tribune
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
ex

Re: The News Tribune JZ Knights Horse Auction

Unread post by ex »

that was probably the day the knights realized their future turns out better running a spiritual scho eh scam. what was rse at this point in time?
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Hi ex, I agree...
JZ Knights Arabian horse scam fell flat on its face..at least with trying to fleece the general public...
Knight was ordered by the court to refund the money she had scammed, but it taught her that ripping off "Ramtha" devotees was easy pickings
especially under the protection of the Freedoms of Religious rights in the US. There was no RSE per say at that time, "Ramtha" was presented at so called "Ramtha Dialogues'.
Perhaps others have more accurate information from that period as I started RSE during 1989..

David
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
ex

Unread post by ex »

the article is about a failed business venture. the thing with earnie is something different that's a scam.
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

Thanks, David that was a great repost. You can see the seeds of scam that was to become RSE in the showmanship, technique and target audience described in the Tribune article.

I always hoped there would be something surface that would firmly tie JZ Knight to the Omega Investment scam. So far it looks like JZ kept it at sufficient arm's length to avoid being personally dragged through the mud. The Omega Investment scam is used as a teaching model regarding how such scams are orchestrated and executed, so I guess JZ knows how to pick her associates! It wouldn't surprise me if JZ was taking a kickback under the table, but concrete evidence isn't there (yet?).

Then there's JZ letting her property, including the RSE site, almost fall into foreclosure a few years ago due to unpaid Thurston County property taxes. Then there's the time JZ supposedly didn't pay her income tax, and having students toss donations into a barrel, only later to admit that the whole thing was a lie just to get cash.

What a great master teacher! - If you want to learn to be a con artist, that is.
ex

Unread post by ex »

is the investors syndycat her scam?
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

The way I se it, Ratha developd in 3 phases:
1977 -1980 JZ crafted her channeling act w the help of Ann M Bennstrom who ran a Hollywood spa thus attracting film stars like Rich Chamberlain, Shirley MacLaine, etc.
1980 she meets Jeff, changes name via marriage, and moves into workshop phase w Ramtha Dialogs and Church of I AM. Merv Griffin show gives her national notoriety. White Book appears and Arabian horses are big business worldwide due to many tax breaks, etc.
1986 tax laws changed collapsing horse business, JZ discovers Jeff may have HIV, they part, JZ goes on sabbatical, writes State of Mind autobio, and refigures the bright Light New Age theme into much darker Void theme. Inserts pseudo-yoga stuff with "seals" and borrows breathwork ideas from already successful breathing cults like 3HO 'breath of fire" yoga or Stanislav Grof trademarked 'Holotropic Breathing'. Also intoduces blindfold excercises...Rajneeshies used blindfolds in late 1970s - early 1980s, pagan dancing, eg. Ramps up her aleady Edgar Cayce-like dire psychic predictions about floods, earth axis shift, economic collapse.

Unwittingly, this third phase created a rapidly self-sealing system. JZ becomes a prisoner of her own devices. Ugly stuff gets worse...face lifts belie C&E as working to reverse death, escapism w drug abuse [prozac, etc] and into alcoholism. RSE becomes a manifestation of depressive psychosis and extreme necromantic theater.

Only this is not an off-Broadway play.
enchanted

Unread post by enchanted »

I was at that horse auction bought a horse for $6,000 with the last $12,000 I had. Dumb thing to do. I had to find a place that would board her. I was still living in a dream world about JZ and Jeff. At that event we knew they were splitting up.

When I first bought the first $250,000 colt I was told that they would train the horse at their ranch to become a champion. Months later Jeff called me to tell me they wanted to ship the horse to me so that I could take responsibility of finding trainers for the horse where I lived in Arizona at that time.

In looking back, I know that the horse people in Scottsdale thought I was loony as I had such hopes for this baby colt coming from Messiah.
Well, LOL my mind was so focused that this horse was either first or second in every show neck to neck with Wayne Newton's horses .Of course I had to give him up when my money collapsed and the industry collapsed.

Going back to the horse show... around that time, there was an event on Friday that was broadcast word of mouth. It was called the Gathering of the Eagles. I remember it well! Ramtha told us that he will not be channelled by anyone again AND if his woman continues to channel WALK AWAY, he said. WALK AWAY! That tape was NOT available for sale. Not everyone heard it or perhaps didn't want to. After that C&E started. I went to a retreat in Denver just to see if I heard wrong. Or I had a fear of giving Ramtha up. I was a Ramtha Junkie, sat on the floor in the first row, laughed the loudest, lined up at the door hours before events but he always acknowledged me. I was never part of the JZ inner circle but wanted to be.

After the first morning of huffing and puffing I felt I didn't want to do this. It didn't feel right.
During the lunch hour I walked along a narrow rocky creek trying to figure things out. The tenderness was no longer there in his words. He ignored me. It was SOOOOO different .It was kind of militant!~

Whoever or whatever came out of JZ's mouth in the early years was capable of sublime tenderness. That did not happen at that event.
Why is there a school? He used to tell us that all we had to know is that we are God. He also used to say "Entities, what will you give to know God?" I bet I was the loudest in shouting "EVERYTHING".Then he would tell us that we did not need to loose everything to know God but when we recreate our kingdom then indeed we will know we are God.

That was the HOOK that kept people coming after they made BAD financial choices due to his endorsements. WOW! Look how long it took me to GET THAT ONE! I walked away finally at that event.

I went to MAFU! Yikes! Another story from the very early days in Santa Barbara and the Ranch they built. The adventure was short lived.
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

Going back to the horse show... around that time, there was an event on Friday that was broadcast word of mouth. It was called the Gathering of the Eagles. I remember it well! Ramtha told us that he will not be channeled by anyone again AND if his woman continues to channel WALK AWAY, he said. WALK AWAY! That tape was NOT available for sale. Not everyone heard it or perhaps didn't want to. After that C&E started. I went to a retreat in Denver just to see if I heard wrong. Or I had a fear of giving Ramtha up. I was a Ramtha Junkie, sat on the floor in the first row, laughed the loudest, lined up at the door hours before events but he always acknowledged me. I was never part of the JZ inner circle but wanted to be.
Wow! If only there were tapes of that Dialogue available! I'd love to be able to play it for my friends that are stick stuck in Judy Knight's mind circus. It might not do any good though; I believe they're programmed to rationalize statements like those as some sort of trick by, "Ramtha," as a loyalty test to see how devoted the master students really are. Never mind that an enlightened being would not resort to tricks.

To me, the Gathering of the Eagles statement is game set and match! It is Judy's admission the whole horse swindle, Ramtha act and Judy's life are a complete sham.
enchanted

Excuse me. After the Gathering of the Eagles I went to a retreat in Colorado. That was the end for me because I did not want to huff and puff and blow any houses down.

Excuse me! I went back one more time to a retreat because I was afraid I was missing something.

At that time around 1987 a lot of people left because everything was different. They went to Mafu, Abraham, Solano, Zarathustra etc etc etc.
During events there was a great deal of conversation pertaining to the Ram. It was great agony and suffering for all of us for years . Some of our friends stayed with Ramtha but eventually walked away from all teachings.

Suppose some entity did come through her and decided to leave. There would be for certain a tremendous scramble
and concern about how to keep the money coming in.......hmmmm a school. Oh how clever!
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

Please don't read that the wrong way. That you, Enchanted, attended any other Ramtha events isn't what I was writing about. What I meant is that I whish the RSEers I know now could hear that. That's a pretty dramatic statement that if the allegedly channeled being is saying not to listen to the channel, then that is a pretty solid statement. I've tried to talk about inconsistancy and impossibility in RSE statements to my RSEer friends and get blow-back that those are just tests that Ramtha is giving them to see if they're paying attention. It is like the certain group of Bible literalists that computed the Earth is about 6000 years old, when asked about history that appears certainly older than that, blame it as a Satan distortion or trick. Rational logic need not apply.
enchanted

Okham,
I didn't write "excuse me"... because of a comment from you. I made a mistake in my post by saying I walked away at the Gathering of Eagles!

I was hooked into coming back for one more event just in case I heard wrong. The battle with oneself was a torment. Am I missing something by not going to events? What a battle! But I did not return after the Colorado event.
Thanks everyone!
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

Hi Enchanted.

Thank you. When I looked at my first posting, I was concerned that the wording was not careful enough.
enchanted

It is amazing how we feel compassion and love for one anther and the rest of the people who have gone through the experience. I cannot imagine the torment AND CONFUSION of the people from Japan.
Cheryl

Unread post by Cheryl »

Yes, I know someone who has four from Japan staying at her house. It is very sad that they are displaced so. Scrambles has a tendency to not close the cycle of something, and they probably await until further instructions ...that will never come because the next fear teaching comes in and takes over.

Return to “News Articles”