The Skeptic's Dictionary - JZ Knight -Ramtha

This forum will list the news articles relative to the topic of RSE, directly or indirectly.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

The Skeptic's Dictionary - JZ Knight -Ramtha

Unread post by David McCarthy »

The inclusion of The Skeptic's Dictionary - JZ Knight Ramtha - well deserves its inclusion on EMF :idea:
David.
Knight has rewritten not only the book on neurology, she has also rewritten the book on archaeology and history. The world was not at all like the scholars of the world say it was 35,000 years ago. We were not primitive hunters and gatherers who liked to paint in caves. No, there were very advanced civilizations around then. It doesn't matter that there is no evidence for this, because Knight has rewritten the book of evidence as well. Evidence is what appears to you, even in visions and hallucinations and delusions. Evidence is anything you feel like making up. So, when you are told that Ramtha came first from Lemuria in the Pacific Ocean, do not seek out scholars to help you understand that ancient civilization because the scholars of the world do not believe Lemuria existed except as a fantasy. When you are told that Ramtha led an army of 2,500,000 warriors into battle even though that number exceeds the number of adult males 35,000 years ago, do not seek out scholars to help you understand this fantasy. When you are told that the Lemurians were a great civilization from the time of the dinosaurs, do not expect to be burdened with evidence. There isn't any evidence. The only mammals around at the time of the dinosaurs were primitive and non-hominid, very much like lemurs. Maybe the Lemurians were really lemurs. No, the Lemurians came from "beyond the North star," according to Knight, which may explain why all humans ever since have looked to the sky with longing.
And he looked at me and he said: "Beloved woman, I am Ramtha the Enlightened One, and I have come to help you over the ditch" And, well, what would you do? I didn't understand because I am a simple person so I looked to see if the floor was still underneath the chair. And he said: "It is called the ditch of limitation", and he said: "And I am here, and we are going to do a grand work together."*

Apparently, the first rule of the wise is: beware the ditch of limitation. Knight's husband-to-be must have fallen into the ditch. He was there at the time Ramtha first invaded his girlfriend's body, but he was so busy lining up pyramids with a compass that he didn't see Ramtha. He did feel The Enlightened One's magnetic charm, however; for, according to Knight (and who wouldn't believe her?), the compass needle was spinning around madly and they saw "ionization" in the kitchen air.

JZ Knight -Ramtha - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com
http://skepdic.com/ramtha.html
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
Vanilla

Re: The Skeptic's Dictionary - JZ Knight -Ramtha

Unread post by Vanilla »

:roll: That author is so funny I laughed while reading it. Thanks for posting. Indeed Master! ahaha INDEED
So might it be.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

So might it be.

As it is is seen now in my time in counting $$$$ :roll:
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

The first paragraph of the Skepdict.com article quoted above really hits the nail on the head about what bugs me about JZ Knight's philosophy: the notion that all reality is merely a manifestation of energetic vibrations in the synapses of our own brains. Such thinking wrongly absolves us of our childish/uncaring/harmful behaviors, believing they are merely our internal manifestations. It doesn't take much to see that philosophy is unworkable. Think about what would result if you punched your friend in the face. The RSE philosophy of reality quickly devolves in to creating a completely recursive universe of imagination where nothing is real; not even one's self.

I am convinced there is such a thing as objective reality that exists independent of thought. The matter that makes up you and the matter that makes up me is real, and the intersection of our existences is an objective reality that is the same for both of us. One might argue there could be other dimensions and realities that may exist either in parallel or independently. Regardless, the fact remains that we share a common reality. Objective reality makes it possible for a boulder in Montana to roll down a hill and knock over a tree whether or not I think about it, whether or not I even know about it. Plenty of things happen every day that don't require any manifestation in the synapses of my brain. To paraphrase Forest Gump, “Stuff happens.”

I agree that I don't experience reality until I perceive it, however conversely that doesn't imply that reality does not exist unless I perceive it.

I believe the universe is actually a much more fascinating place if reality is exists independently of one’s own thought. I would like to think that there is more that exists out there than what is already in my brain.
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

Ockham
as usual, your analysis is great.

we looked at solipsism before, but it is spelled out well here on wiki
The term comes from Latin solus (alone) and ipse (self). Solipsism as an epistemological position holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure.
Philosophical solipsism as pathological

Solipsism is often introduced (for example "Philosophy made simple", by Popkin and Stroll) as a bankrupt philosophy, or at best bizarre and unlikely. Alternatively, the philosophy is introduced in the context of relating it to pathological psychological conditions.
[edit] Solipsism syndrome

Solipsism syndrome is a dissociative mental state.[citation needed] It is only incidentally related to philosophical solipsism. Solipsists assert that the lack of ability to prove the existence of other minds does not, in itself, cause the psychiatric condition of detachment from reality.
[edit] Infant solipsism

Developmental psychologists commonly believe that infants are solipsist,[4] and that eventually children infer that others have experiences much like theirs and reject solipsism (see Infant metaphysics). (my bold)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism

reductio ad absurdum
subjective idealism is an absurd consequence of the yogacarya system in Mahayana Buddhism and
the scientology goal: "Operating Thetan"
David McCarthy
Site Admin

The first paragraph of the Skepdict.com article quoted above really hits the nail on the head about what bugs me about JZ Knight's philosophy: the notion that all reality is merely a manifestation of energetic vibrations in the synapses of our own brains
Hi Ockham,
Just how far into this madness does JZ Knight/Ramtha push this mindset?
Here is an example the RSE teachings/philosophy circa 1992, ...
We were taught that nasty humanity had been abandoned by the Gods and doomed! "Ramtha" admonished us for our failings and laziness to do the "disciplines"
that we should be very grateful to a selfless and powerful "Master" who did his disciplines everyday upon a mountain top to ensure the sun would rise that we may continue to study at RSE.
Very impressive we all agreed.... and so honored to be learning such sacred and powerful knowledge at RSE :oops:

Anyone else remember this insanity?

David
Rooster

Unread post by Rooster »

I remember, but as far that teaching goes, what has changed?

Return to “News Articles”