BURLINGTON FREE PRESS/RAMTHA ARTICLES

This forum will list the news articles relative to the topic of RSE, directly or indirectly.
joe sz

BURLINGTON FREE PRESS/RAMTHA ARTICLES

Unread post by joe sz »

several articles

http://search.burlingtonfreepress.com/s ... rds=ramtha

here is an excerpt from Alril 18, 2013
RUTLAND — Malcolm “Mac” Parker and Louis J. Soteriou, partners in the doomed “Birth of Innocence” movie project, were together again on Thursday, but not in a way either one might have imagined.

Soteriou, 55, of Middlebury, Conn., appeared at U.S. District Court in Rutland on Thursday morning and pleaded guilty to two felony charges connected with an alleged fraud scheme involving hundreds of people — mostly Vermonters — who invested $28 million in the still unfinished film.
As Soteriou entered his pleas, Parker sat several feet away and watched, accompanied by his two brothers, Alan Parker and Scudder Parker Jr., the 2006 Democratic gubernatorial candidate.
Soteriou and Mac Parker, who once regarded Soteriou as his spiritual mentor, had a falling out in late 2009 when Soteriou was unable to deliver on promises to repay investors money they were owed.
They had not seen each other since — until Thursday.
Neither man spoke to the other at the hearing and appeared to avoid looking at each other face-to-face. When the hearing ended, Parker and his brothers promptly departed the courtroom.
Parker declined comment as he walked out of the room. Soteriou separately also declined comment as he left the courthouse later in the day.
Prior to the start of his hearing, Soteriou spoke informally with a reporter about his ties to the Ramtha School of Enlightenment and what he said was his ongoing quest to transport himself through time and space.
Asked if he had anything to say about the legal case, Soteriou shook his head and said he’d been advised by his lawyer, Steven Barth, against doing so.
“It’s frustrating, frustrating,” he whispered.
Under terms of Soteriou’s plea deal, he entered guilty pleas to charges of conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, plus money laundering. In return, federal prosecutors agreed to drop 16 other counts pending against him.
Thursday’s plea deal means there will be no trials connected to the case that state officials say was perhaps the largest fraud scheme in Vermont history. Soteriou’s case had been slated to go to trial later this month.
(Page 2 of 2)
Last year, Mac Parker accepted a plea deal from federal prosecutors that resulted in guilty pleas on conspiracy to commit wire fraud and filing false tax documents counts. As part of his plea deal, he agreed to help with the government’s investigation of Soteriou.
According to court documents and recent interviews with Mac Parker, Soteriou came up with the idea of making the movie while the two were attending a retreat at the Ramtha school in 1999.
At Soteriou’s direction, Mac Parker agreed to raise money for the film, oversee its production, but not tell any of the investors about Soteriou’s role in the project. Soteriou was responsible for shaping the spiritual message of the movie, meant to exhort people to embrace their inner, innocent selves.
As part of their understanding, Mac Parker also agreed to provide Soteriou money — $4.3 million over 10 years — to fund Soteriou’s purported mission to transcend his earthly body and as Soteriou said to an FBI agent, “activate your gene code to become immortal.”
Court documents show that Mac Parker, a well-known Vermont story teller, raised $28 million between 1999 and 2009 by promising to pay investors double-digit interest rates on their money.
The movie itself cost $1 million but was never released. Last year, a group of investors filed an involuntary bankruptcy case against Parker, hoping it would lead to them gaining legal control of the film. The matter remains pending in U.S. Bankruptcy Court.
Soteriou faces up to a seven-year prison sentence, according to terms of his plea deal. Parker could receive up to a six-year prison sentence based on his plea deal.
Soteriou’s tentative sentencing hearing is set for Aug. 5. No date has been set for Parker’s sentencing."
freemysoul

Re: BURLINGTON FREE PRESS/RAMTHA ARTICLES

Unread post by freemysoul »

Thanks Joe,
Here is yet another example of the tremendous and permanent damage JZ Knight inflicts upon her 'students' and the outlying effect of collateral damage on those who may have innocently interacted with them. Not dissimilar to the pain and suffering I caused my friends and family at Judith's behest, those who invested with Parker unknowingly entered into JZ's world of 'there is no wrong', and 'victims don't exist'. I don't condone or support what either of these men have done, but I honestly don't see their acts as I see the malicious mind control JZ Knight had over Soteriou and possibly Parker. JZ's perverted dogma is the root cause of this entire situation. I am willing to bet that Soteriou honestly believes he can and one day will, alter his gene code to immortality and traverse space and time, only because JZ Knight convinced him he could. It is JZ Knight who is culpable in this sickening display of greed and delusion, as she planted those ideas in Soteriou, warping his mind in ways only a clever cult leader can.
Soteriou will die in prison, his family and friends will grieve, and JZ Knight will keep infecting the minds of her masses, justifying Soteriou's situation as a self created one, as will be his death.
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

freemysoul

I agree that JZ deserves all the blame she can get for infecting her devotees with diseased information but do not give her too much credit. She is not THAT bright or clever :roll:

JZ is a speck, one 'viral meme' in the historical milieu of bogus gurus with ideas that support purely selfish motives either based on delusion or willful deception or both.

I have many pages of rse notes from retreats in early 1990s (I got them by remote viewing :P )
Ramtha said: "Would you rather sit for four days to pay for your house or work for thirty years?" (Nov 1991)
"A butterfly can transmute into a dog, a dog into a bird, a bird into fire. The greatest change comes when the body is in NO TIME and it is motionless." (Mar, 1992)
"Man's meddlesome attitudes are called science." (Mar 1993)
"The brain can pick up micro-waves, television and radio waves...the brain receives these signals and makes images, and then you think they are your thoughts but they are not." "To get rid of demons, you have to go to the next level." (Mar 1993)

those are examples of viral memes that can make you brain sick for life :shock:
seriously

Unread post by seriously »

Thanks for posting those quotes Joe. I like to see things like that because it reminds me of the bat$hi! crazy place i was in for a few years. It also makes me appreciate where I am now. I recognize those quotes as complete ridiculous nonsense. However, JZ aka Ramtha ramblings like that caused a lot of heartache in my life and problems with my family.
Shocked

Unread post by Shocked »

Seriously, I agree totally with you when you read the post from Joe is really does help me to realize how ridiculous it all sounds!!! I am understand your heartache and my thoughts are with you!!!
freemysoul

Unread post by freemysoul »

I got them by remote viewing :lol:
That is a valid point Joe, great description of how contagious just a few carefully picked words can be.
It definitely takes a special kind of bastard to do so.
The reams of notebooks I had full of them went up in 8 foot flames on my BBQ last summer..........very cathartic.

Return to “News Articles”