Steve Klein's "prattle"

This forum will list the news articles relative to the topic of RSE, directly or indirectly.
tree

Steve Klein's "prattle"

Unread post by tree »

this is amusing and validating that he does indeed read EMF. LOLOLOL!
Any way, his NEW response and continuing saga.....
does he EVER get tired of the drama??

November 14, 2008
MAYOR HAS EGG ON FACE - NOW SAYS HE TAKES ISSUE WITH JUDGE'S RULING!

Dear Readers;

I know that some of you may have issue with my "prattle," yet no one else around here has even dared to stand-up and speak to the truth about the several issues here, especially the water case covered on this Blog several times.

Mayor Ron Harding was quoted on the front page of the Nisqually Valley News on October 10th saying that Thurston County Superior Court Judge Wickham's Letter Opinion about the case of JZ Knight vs. City of Yelm et al amounts to "Business as usual." And the City of Yelm Press Release of October 10th says "The City of Yelm is pleased with Judge Wickham's decision..."
Read the Press Release for yourself. CLICK HERE!

In the same story, City Administrator Shelly Badger said,
'In light of the vast time and money dedicated to this case,' said City Administrator Shelly Badger in a press release, 'it is ironic that the decision equates to Yelm doing business as usual.'

'The permitting process isn?t changed.'?

The permitting process has now changed and changed big time, Mrs. Badger!

To quote the NVN in their November 14th edition, "In the judge's findings, the city is required to prove potable water at final plat approval and notify Knight of water issued of these developments."

Yes, that is the key determination affecting the City of Yelm, a city that says they should not have to prove water availability until the building permit phase and that was in the Letter Opinion issued in October.
Where was the Mayor on this very issue then? That changes the permitting process for the city in a major way!

And, the NVN out on the newsstands today has quite a different headline from Mayor Harding now that Judge Wickham issued his final decision in this case on November 7th. Mayor Harding takes issue with the Judge's decision and says he "disregarded everything the city suggested."

What happened between the Judge's Letter Opinion and the Final Decision, which was virtually unchanged?

Readers of the NVN were not afforded that information until today, yet Yelm Community Blog readers not only had ALL of the details, they had access to the Court documents to read for themselves since this began in July, 2007!

Pastor Jeff Adams says in his NVN column today:
"In recent years, the losers of elections have acted so disrespectful and dishonoring of our elected officials. If our candidate loses, we act as obstructionists - like spoiled children who throw tantrums when they don't get their way.
May I encourage you to show character whether your candidate or his/her opponent is in office.
It's okay to disagree on issues and even let your disagreements be known.
However, if we cannot show proper respect when doing so, we taint our cause.
We mix foolishness in and undermine the very things for which we stand."

Pastor Adams, I could not agree with you more; have respect for our officials, yet speak up when one sees things differently!
Our government requires, indeed demands participation from the public. Dissent is the hallmark of a Constitutional Republic like ours.
Subjugation and subversion of the truth by officials we voted into office is not to be tolerated by anyone, period.
I find speaking up and calling our leaders on issues affecting our area to NOT be "disrespectful and dishonoring of our elected officials." Indeed, for city officials and the newspaper to keep facts from their constituents IS "disrespectful and dishonoring" of the public!
And last month, the city's "Business as usual" press release and NVN story kept the facts from the public, as I told the City Council on October 28th.
If the public does not want the truth here; if the public is not interested in what city officials are keeping from them, please let me know.

I will be interested to see if the City of Yelm honors and respects the Court's final decision, which means that the city may NOT proceed with these five subdivisions [Tahoma Terra Phase II, Divisions 5 & 6; Windshadow I; Windshadow II; Wyndstone; and Berry Valley I] until the City of Yelm proves water availability, that the State Dept. of Ecology says the city does not have.
Of course, the City has until early December to appeal.

The NVN reported in today's edition the "City tightening its belt for 2009-10". That would be wise, for now on top of the economic downturn, the city can expect no further tax revenue from building permit fees, home sales tax and future property tax revenue from these 5 subdivisions, until it gets it's water issues straightened out, which could be a long time.

And, the City still has alot of explaining to do. The City Council has always said they will not use public monies to fund private developments, yet that is exactly what they did in funding the Thurston Highlands water study to the tune of over 2/3 of a million dollars. City Administrator Badger said the Thurston Highlands Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) will address how the Yelm taxpayers get repaid. One certainly will be interested in that because with the State Dept. of Ecology saying the City does not have sufficient water now to support all of the building permits already issued, how is a 5,000 home development going to get approval to build?

WHAT SAY YOU?

UPDATE [Friday, November 14th, 4:40pm]: The NVN published only on their website JZ Knight's Press Release in response to last week's NVN story about developers' Bloom/Chamberlain complaints on RSE campus sewage.

The Mayor said in the NVN story the city "will look this week to decide if we want to appeal.?

Who will take the appeals case when the Judge said the City of Yelm was not following:
- the RCW
- the Washington Water Code
- Yelm's own Municipal Code
- An Amicus Curiae (friend of the court) Brief filed by the Washington State Dept. of Ecology & the State Assistant Attorney General stating Yelm did not have enough water rights to support existing building permits, much less any new ones?

Mayor Harding said, ?I?m confident in the end, the city will prevail.?
Prevail against the laws of the State of Washington meant to protect the public?

WHO WILL TAKE A CASE THEY ARE SURE TO LOSE AGAINST THESE CODES?
tree

and the Ramsters comments.....

Unread post by tree »

:roll:

go ahead, Steve.
get 'em all charged up in a frenzy.
The Ramsters are acting as if the Kool Aid is kicking in.
Say one thing and they all jump on the bandwagon.

liz said:

Keep prattling Steve, you are doing a great job! I learn more from this site than the NVN.

Are you able to post the article from the NVN in relation to Harding in which he states he has issues and disregards everything the city suggested??
November 14, 2008 9:37 PM
Bettye Johnson said:

Kudos to you Steve for your brilliant reporting regarding the Yelm city government. Thank you for all you report. You are indeed a blessing.
November 15, 2008 12:13 AM
Steve Author Profile Page said:

The NVN posted them this afternoon & they are linked now.
November 15, 2008 2:56 AM
Liz said:

Harding is a total fool. First he is happy with the Judge's decision and now thinking about appealing. Oh yes, let's save money by not purchasing a computer or desk but not cut FTE's.
November 15, 2008 4:16 AM
liz said:

Improper opinions by the Judge?? Harding failed to mention unlawful actions by the city. Harding needs to remain silent, the more he speaks, the more untelligent and foolish he looks. Wait, let him keep going, the folks here will finally see what the leaders are all about in Yelm and how they really operate. He needs to make more cuts and save it for the lawsuits that will be on his desk soon. Oh yeah, he is expecting less revenue..is that because they can't hand out building approvals as they have been doing?
November 15, 2008 4:34 AM
Steve Klein said:

Liz,

Obviously the citizens of the City of Yelm prefer subjugation of truth and outright lies to having leaders serve in an honest fashion.

Otherwise, Ron Harding would not have been voted best elected official in the NVN's Best of the Nisqually Valley.

The citizens of Yelm want to be fleeced for almost a million dollars funding a private water study, told they can not utter the word Wal-Mart in City Council chambers, told the city has plenty of water when the State says they do not, used hotel tax collections improperly to pay rent for the Historical Museum in a private building, and placed a moratorium on citizens demanding a building moratorium here. These are but a few and the list just keeps on growing on issues where there has been little to no response from Yelm citizens!
November 15, 2008 3:34 PM
Rory said:

It's not that the citizens of Yelm prefer the subjugation of truth, but that they have been conditioned with lies. . .by their own city officials and the ONLY newspapaer in town which has an obvious bias. This blog is performing an amazing service in educating those that are aware of it, but that awareness needs to be expanded! Or, maybe the time is ripe for a NEWspaper in our city that has integrity and reports the news accurately, not biased accounts or total omissions based on the editor's bias towards some local officials and developers!
I for one would like to see a lawsuit brought against the city for misappropriation of taxpayer monies in funding that private water study for the developers of Thurston Highlands!
November 15, 2008 5:44 PM
Liz said:

Rory, I agree! Steve, you should start a newspaper or get the word out that we need a real one. As for Harding, I am amazed that he was even voted in, but then again, Yelm is corrupt and will continue to be until the greedy good ole boys are exposed and out on their ear. They have gotten away with it for so long that they think they are untouchable. I hope JZ brings a lawsuit against the city, they certainly deserve it and its the only way citizens will get the real truth and exposure on how this community has really been been run. I am truly disgusted and ashamed of how Harding and City Council have ruined the community, lead with dishonesty, treat its citizens and run things behind closed doors. Let's get some of these issues posted in the Olympia newspaper, the NVN isn't going to print the truth! I
November 15, 2008 10:14 PM
Steve Author Profile Page said:

In 2009, Mayor Harding and several City Council members will be up for re-election, if they choose to run again.

They have until July, 2009 to announce their intentions. After that date is the time to bring all of this into greater light for the public to be reminded and discern for themselves.

So many people are newly registered voters here since the 2005 election, so will add to the mix of voters wanting to know about these issues, as well.
November 15, 2008 10:22 PM
Liz said:

I am sure they will run again, they are the big fish in a little sea, their taste of power and ego would not allow them NOT to run. There is no time like the present to begin to enlighten the public and have them really know how things are done by city leaders. If they run again, it will be more of the same, they have proved that. I am also posting it the Olympia newspaper every chance I get!
November 15, 2008 10:32 PM

http://yelm.com/2008/11/mayor-has-egg-o ... l#comments
Another Dimension60

Unread post by Another Dimension60 »

with the exchange of (RSE) for the City of Yelm- Klein's words speak truth:
Subjugation and subversion of the truth by (RSE)officials ?. is not to be tolerated by anyone, period.
I find speaking up and calling our leaders on issues affecting our area to NOT be "disrespectful and dishonoring ? (only unallowed and impossible at RSE). Indeed, for [b](JZ/RSE)[/b]? officials and the newspaper to keep facts from their constituents IS "disrespectful and dishonoring" ?!
And last month, the city's "Business as usual" press release and NVN/(the RSE) story(ies) kept the facts from the public?. If the public does not want the truth here; if the public is not interested in what (RSE)city officials are keeping from them, please let me know. ?. ??I?m confident in the end, the city/ (RSE)will prevail.? Prevail against the laws of the State of Washington meant to protect the public?
Steve, please explain how JZ's plants in the Dept. of Ecology had Yelm's water rights reduced.
Steve said:What happened between the Judge's Letter Opinion and the Final Decision, which was virtually unchanged?" - Whereas in fact the the Judge's final decision was completely different from the Judge's Letter Opinion - and Yelm officials sincerely understood it was business as usual. How much did JZ pay the judge to include what was not brought up in the hearing.
Steve said: "Dissent is the hallmark of a Constitutional Republic like ours." - then how come dissent from former JZK Inc customers is considered victim whining?
Liz said:"Subjugation and subversion of the truth by officials we voted into office is not to be tolerated by anyone, period." - but is to be tolerated by JZK customers?
EMF says: Subjugation and subversion of the truth by RSE officials is not to be tolerated by anyone, period.
Steve: "Obviously the (RSE customers)/citizens of the City of Yelm prefer subjugation of truth and outright lies to having leaders serve in an honest fashion. .... It's not that (RSE customers)/the citizens of Yelm prefer the subjugation of truth, but that they have been conditioned with lies.
"they are the big fish in a little sea, their taste of power and ego ..." - like JZ, you're telling on yourself here Steve, and your boss.[/i]
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

haha - that is so funny! I'm with you, Tree. Yep, really hit a nerve with Steve.

Ok, Steve, so if you're reading....and now we know you are....my point is you need to be more succinct if you want to be read and have a better chance of being heard. People like me stop reading you because
1) you don't write less than 20 paragraphs at a pop
2) you have only the one "volume" of three exclamation points - "I'm the only one who cares about this town!!! RSE is persecuted!!! Big city is running over small town!!! The end of the world is nigh!!!"
3) you say the same thing over and over again

My advice to you - shorten up your letters to the editor, make a new point, make it in a new way. Then I'll read your letters again.
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

I can't even get through the posts on this area regarding this because, Steve, it's really too long and RSE ought also be looking out for the greater good of those in the community who are also not RSE students. You must surely still have the kind heart, deep within. You know what it's like to work where you are. You don't need a nasty "meanie" to tell you what to do - because God is within, without, everywhere.

Just take a glance..then a longer look, Steve. So many of us are "free" to do that without guilt or the idea of "ramtha watching over our shoulder" and ramtha-wrath.

For the greater good of all of the Divine Essence creation.....without C&E...look within and examine RSE.

My wishes for you all are to be "sprung" from the cage of guilt, not any different from so many "religions." We were created to be free, and to live without divisiveness and caring for others. I know if you spend the time to look deeply within and beyond, the truth of the truth will offer itself to you for thought and peace.

Peace to you and your family. There is no reason for these problems, is there, other than your employer's own manifestations? You can help the greater good....it IS within you. Look at the elderly plodding through the mud...dragging oxygen containers, sitting in the frigid wet mornings outdoors....this is not where I found "enlightenment." The only enlightenment I learned at RSE was I can walk with a blindfold without winding up in someone else's tent, and the enlightenment I found....was the Golden Rule...taught but difficult to follow. Love one another - do unto others as you would have done unto yourself. There is no one and no entity who surpasses the ultimate, and whatever ramtha is, we know it's not the ultimate. The ultimate is the free will and unconditional love of our creator...

May you experience that love again and flee the cage, however difficult it might be.
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

G2G said, "There is no one and no entity who surpasses the ultimate, and whatever ramtha is, we know it's not the ultimate. The ultimate is the free will and unconditional love of our creator..."

This rings so true for me, G2G. It makes me laugh to remember how many, many times jzRamtha said we ought not to put a priest before God (in confession), and similar things. As the term went, not to "give our power away" to other human beings who would claim they had a special position to be our spiritual authority. Not.

I know what the Catholic position is about the priests being given their role, all the way back to Jesus' time, to carry forth with his teachings. I just disagree that any modern day person/human being is legitimately capable in any way, to hold my spiritual life in their hand. Not.

God just is. A personal relationship... a direct line, if you will, from me to God, and vice versa. No human being need apply.

My 2 cents.
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

<<<<No>>>>>

Whatcha - I love it. Very simple and elegant.
There are a few priests I'd like to lock inside of the confessional...just for kicks...<okay, it's from that darn catholic programming, but I daresay it would be funny!) Oh, the stories we kids had when they used to line us up for "confession" during catechism. You'd always wonder why "some" were in there for sooooo long... (the priest probably fell asleep).. These days, they're probably texting or emailing... then three Hail Mary's and people are out! These days, too, it's "face-to-face." How incestuous, that would feel, in a way.

I feel more love, understanding and compassion since I've found God by looking within than I ever felt back than! All I remember is guilt and fear.
I used to play the organ, and I'd fill in at my old church (of course, as a "volunteer" in the name of the church!) The person who took over was a gay man, who would leave the organ (placed at the front of the church) during communion. I talked to him years later, and he had moved on, he said, "leaving the mean people." I can only imagine what he endured at that place. He was so extremely talented and I could just sit and listen to him play Bach forever. I remember asking my parents to come to hear me just once, and my knowing they were in the congregation that day...well, I produced a multitude of errors...so largely magnified over the state-of-the-art speaker system, I put my head down on the keys and cried after mass. I had actually played a diminshed chord where a major, major chord was to be at the "height" of the song. I never went back to play, not even to fill in when they called me. There was just something about -being there- that just didn't feel right. I could glide through everything at home, but not there. I have no fear of public speaking, so I don' think it was "performance anxiety." Just something deep within that is nudging one to something else.

Getting back to those of you who grew up catholic - the "confessionary" tales are so funny! I wonder if anyone's written a book about the whole thing. :shock:
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
truster

OOOO that Dark Confession Booth

Unread post by truster »

Yes I do remember after 1st communion we all lined up for confession at catholic school.
it seemed so fake to me.

I remember when my ex-wife wanted our justice of the peace marriage blessed by the catholic church, so she insisted we go to church.
Every time a hym was sung i sung at the top of my lungs like a goofy retard.
she asked are you going to do that every time afterward. o heck yes i said.
We never went to church again.
truster has his ways.
wolfman

Unread post by wolfman »

Truster.........

Sounds like you are somewhat of a living gargoyle perched on the limbs of your own gnarly tree,,,, "In The Garden Of Allah." ....don henley

The Wolfman loves to lurk under your tree and I bet the Church runs for other cover when you spout off.

"To each their own in their time of awakening".

Return to “News Articles”