RSE Students spend $2,031,884 in County in1st 3 qtrs

This forum will list the news articles relative to the topic of RSE, directly or indirectly.
tree

RSE Students spend $2,031,884 in County in1st 3 qtrs

Unread post by tree »

another inflated paid advertisement of crap
2 million dollars? you have GOT to be kidding me.
They don't HAVE 2m in discretionary income to spend.

Ramtha?s School of Enlightenment Contributes to Local Economy

A large number of RSE students from the United States and all over the world
traveled to the City of Yelm and surrounding community during the first three
quarters of 2008 to participate in their classes at Ramtha?s School of Enlightenment.
RSE students from thirty-nine foreign countries ? from South Africa, Romania,
Thailand, and Brazil, to name a few ? made their way to our community, many
for the first time.
RSE conducts a demographic survey regularly to measure the economic impact
RSE students make in our local community during school events. According to the
data collected at these events by those students who participated in the survey,
the total purchases and expenses in our local community reached the record high
of $2,031,884 during the first three quarters of this year alone. (These figures do
not include the RSE event registration fees.) This constitutes an increase in local
spending of 38.75% from what we recorded last year, which is very significant
given the many challenges we are facing in today?s global economy.
Students who participate in this survey during events in Yelm are asked to list
the amount of money spent locally in the following categories: transportation
(car rentals, local airport shuttles, RV rentals), gasoline, groceries, restaurants,
lodgings, camping supplies (tents, sleeping bags, clothing, other supplies),
purchases on campus (not including event registration costs), house/pet sitting,
storage, and childcare. International RSE students visiting from abroad also
participate in this survey, as simultaneous foreign translation in six languages is
offered during events as needed (Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and
Spanish). These demographic records are open to the public for review and audit
upon request.
In the third quarter last year, a total of $167,945 was spent by 670 RSE students,
an average of $251 per student. This year, during the same period, the economic
impact of RSE students to the local community increased to more than half a
million dollars, $516,625, to be precise, an average of $316 per student. The
number of students visiting the community who participated also increased to
1,635, more than double from last year.
Ramtha?s School is very pleased that its students are supporting the local
businesses in the Yelm area, making our local community a thriving and more
prosperous place.
We appreciate all the local businesses that supported our students with their goods and
services while they visited our area. Thank You!
Sincerely,
Ramtha?s School of Enlightenment

http://www.ramtha.com/newsletter/vol4/i ... _11-08.pdf (DEAD LINK)
ex

Unread post by ex »

there you have it black on white jzr is a lier.600students per event now it suets her to state 670.[number of students visiting the community who participated also increased to
1,635, more than double from last year.]so sewage got more too.how much got spent in buing your seat, paing for translation limosine sevice from jzrs sun,inflation....yes please provide the studie.i bet you dont get it even on request.
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

Let's see JZ is probably counting the money that went for the auctioned private time with Ramtha...and this year's amount of labor that went into the diamond heiress' new home.

Two million dollars, give me a freakin' break... I'm sure there is some interesting accounting going on to come up with that number.
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

I agree with you! :) The "accounting" would appear to be simple addition of the figures students "guesstimate" and fill in on the questionnaires distributed at the very end of the events. I certainly didn't see anyone pulling out their receipts for local purchases, but a lot of people hurrying to complete the forms, pack up and get out. The forms simply ask people what they spent, and the people fill it in. That's it. No proof, no attached receipts, just people guessing what they spent. Then RSE adds the numbers together, and voila! It's in the local newspaper.

It still doesn't make it Truth. :wink: :wink: :wink:
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

G2G has a good point here.

I was there when the entire audience is handed out forms and told to fill them out quickly and to the best estimate of their ability...being generous. We were told it was being used just to gather information about the school and to see what we spend in the area. I felt that the PURPOSE of what the data was going to be used for was oversimplified and minimalized, compared to the long term, ongoing marketing campaign that it was used for. I never once got the impression that accuracy was the goal. Not at all.
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

I agree about those forms. People had so many questions, especially the people who didn't speak English.

I'm a trained accountant and had problems with the categories and the explanations. Plus, these forms were filled out toward the end of events if not the end of lengthy fieldwork so we were are pretty tired.

I know I tried to only put down what I spent in Yelm but the instructions were confusing.

At any rate, the numbers published are overblown just like JZ's ego in her marketing about being one of the greatest minds of the century. It's all so over the top that it's not credible.
California Dreamin'

Unread post by California Dreamin' »

I remember filling out those forms and having it "suggested" that when in doubt about the amount of $ spent, embellish. Pavel used to hand out those questionnaires. Whatever became of Pavel?
Whatchamacallit

Wakeup...another good point. I do also recall that there were a lot of questions from the audience. They weren't answered. The students were patronized and the GOAL was to get the data. Fast. Just shut up, fill out the form and return it to the staff. I remember JZ's accountant came out, all dressed up fer work, explaining to the audience why we wanted to fill these forms out, all official-sounding he was.

....rolling eyes....

I actually recall being asked to do this on a few occasions and one of the times I just snuck my papers into my folder and took it home. I didn't fill it out. The first time, like a good student, I was compliant. I happily exaggerated the amounts I spent, just like we were encouraged to generously do. I probably have a copy somewhere in my copious volumes of notes. I really should scan some of the junk I have, onto this site. As embarrassing as it is, it just proves so much.

Idiot of the Year; I deserve that award. UGGGG.
I'm so glad I'm out; repeat.
I'm so glad I'm out; repeat.... LOL
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

Now THAT's an idea! Scan in some of the more telling "notes" we took! We OWN our notes. :wink: :wink: :wink:
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
California Dreamin'

NVN Article, 11/28/08-MAYOR CALLS KNIGHT AD MISLEADING

Unread post by California Dreamin' »

It appears as though Mayor Harding is reading EMF message board. Either that, or he's really got JZ Knight pegged.

Mayor calls Knight ad misleading
Yelm officials this week called a full-page ad placed in the Nisqually Valley News by channeler JZ Knight ?standard propaganda.?
Posted Nov 28, 2008. E-mail this article to a friend.
By Megan Hansen
Nisqually Valley News

Yelm officials this week called a full-page ad placed in the Nisqually Valley News by channeler JZ Knight ?standard propaganda.?

The paid advertisement, which appeared in last week?s newspaper as well as the Nisqually Valley Shopper, responds to a decision made in Thurston County Superior Court regarding Knight?s appeal of five Yelm subdivisions.

Mayor Ron Harding denounced the ad in a letter to the editor published in this week?s edition.

?Normally I don?t engage in the back and forth,? Harding said. ?There?s a lot of misinformation out there.?

?I wanted the community to know that their elected officials are doing what?s right.?

The court?s decision requires the city to prove potable water at final plat approval and give Knight special notice when water is issued in those developments.

?Knight and her handlers have employed many tactics to impact the progress of our city,? Harding said in his letter. ?The latest strategy is to challenge the city on water issues. Knight?s money and influence have been used in attempts to manipulate public policy.?

Former mayoral candidate Steve Klein, a spokesman for Knight, declined to comment Tuesday.

Though told what the letter says, Klein said he could not comment without reading the letter itself.

?The matter is far from resolved, despite what Knight?s ad may say,? Harding said in his letter. ?Our democratic process is still at work.?

?The most recent court ruling is just another step in the progression to resolution and the basic issue of water rights is still in question.?

Harding said he doesn?t want to get into a big public debate over the water issue and Knight?s court case, but claimed there was too much information in the ad that he believes is misleading and false.

?She (Knight) effectively wants the city to reserve water for her use sometime in the future,? Harding said in his letter.

?The latest court decision has elevated Knight above the rest of our citizens by requiring special notification on projects just for her benefit.?
tree

Unread post by tree »

I think Mayor Harding as well as the NVN are fully and bravely onto her now.
Thanks to people coming out and speaking what their experience was at RSE.

You can't have THAT many people disenchanted, as it were, and speaking about their
experiences very evenly and without retaliatory and accusatory tones in their voice
without having a modicum of merit for their stories.

"power in numbers" swings both ways.
Whatchamacallit

Mayor Harding needs an EMF business card.

Return to “News Articles”