Steve's Beef about 103rd near Walmart

This forum will list the news articles relative to the topic of RSE, directly or indirectly.
tree

Steve's Beef about 103rd near Walmart

Unread post by tree »

This guy never quits.
He can make a mtn out of a mole hill.

November 23, 2008
YELM WAL-MART CONNECTOR TO 103RD NOW OVERDUE TO HAVE BEEN BUILT

From the Yelm Community Blog of May 24, 2008:

Last year on Friday, July 20, the Nisqually Valley News reported about Yelm's new Wal-Mart opening and noted the official opening on July 18, 2007. The City of Yelm said then about the store's requirements to mitigate traffic, "Wal-Mart will also pave 103rd Avenue from Creek Street to the new connection, which must be built within 10 months of the store's opening."

That 10 months was up on May 19, 2008...

Not seeing any connector, this writer wrote to Yelm's Community and Government Relations Coordinator
Cindy Teixeira for an update for Yelm Community blog readers.

Here is her response:

"The land use approval and MDNS required the connector be constructed within 18 months of the purchase of the right of way. The State DOT closed on the property June 22, 2007, with the deadline being November 22, 2008. Wal-Mart contributed nearly $220,000 to the purchase of the right-of-way and the construction plans are in for review.

Wal-Mart has also submitted a letter of credit toward construction of the connector road."

UPDATE: November 22, 2008
NOVEMBER 22, 2008 has come and gone and not seeing any construction on this connector last week, I again wrote to Yelm's Community and Government Relations Coordinator Cindy Teixeira for an update. Lately, I have received NO answers from the City to my requests for information and this one is no exception. What is one to conclude when the City does not address these kind of issues, regardless of their opinion of me? What else are they hiding from the public? The only option left to get the City to answer is to paper them with Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests, to which by law, they must respond!

To reiterate, the Yelm Wal-Mart was ONLY permitted to be built by using the Yelm Bypass to mitigate its traffic.
The connector to 103rd was supposed to assist in that until the Bypass is built. As has been reported here ad nauseum, the Bypass was unfunded then and now and may be unavailable to mitigate Wal-mart's traffic for 8-10 years after the Superstore opened in 2007. Why was Wal-Mart allowed to be built with an unfunded Bypass to mitigate its traffic?

DON'T YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY WAL-MART HAS NOT FULFILLED ITS AGREEMENT WITH THE CITY AND FOLLOWED THE LAND USE APPROVAL AND MDNS REQUIRING THE CONNECTOR TO BE CONSTRUCTED WITHIN 18 MONTHS OF OF THE PURCHASE OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY?

WE CERTAINLY NOW KNOW THE CITY DID NOT FOLLOW THE LAWS OF LAND USE FOR 5 SUBDIVISIONS, AS THE THURSTON COUNTY SUPERIOR RULED ON NOVEMBER 7TH.
THE MAYOR SPOKE UNTRUTHS ABOUT THAT ISSUE IN THE NVN LAST FRIDAY.
IS THE CITY'S SILENCE INDICATIVE THE LAW WAS NOT FOLLOWED WITH WAL-MART, TOO?

DON'T YOU WANT TO KNOW???

So a through road was not contructed adjacent to Walmart.
It's not even a PRACTICAL matter in regards to traffic flow.
He is just being a pain in the a $$.
tree

Unread post by tree »

DON'T YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY WAL-MART HAS NOT FULFILLED ITS AGREEMENT WITH THE CITY AND FOLLOWED THE LAND USE APPROVAL AND MDNS REQUIRING THE CONNECTOR TO BE CONSTRUCTED WITHIN 18 MONTHS OF OF THE PURCHASE OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY?
Steve-
You're getting just about as good as the channel for riling up the mass Ramsters.
What are you going to do with all that self-righteousness?
You are definitely not going about it with a "win-win" attitude.
It is all about being right and pointing out someone else wrong.
If you reflect back Steve, on your time at American Airlines,
you DON"T get very far by pointing fingers and chastising them in a public domain.

If you REALLY want to influence the people around Yelm, and NOT just the Ramsters,
maybe try a civil way of communicating.
Until then, you look like a pain in the a$$.

"There are more than 9 ways to skin a cat"
has been around alot longer than you have.
Try it on for size.
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

You know, Steve, why don't you write a series of Letters to the Editor telling the people of Yelm something you think was done right for a change?

Show that you notice more than just what you perceive as a screw-up. Or just send in letters that begin with "I should be major and not the other guy...and here's the latest reason why"
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

Wakeup, exactly spot on, imo. You said, "Or just send in letters that begin with "I should be major and not the other guy...and here's the latest reason why" ".

Well, Rambles told Steve he'd win the election. Then, after Ramtha was WRONG and Steve lost, Ramtha told him (and the audience), that what is really was, is that he's going to win another election !

ROFLMAO !!!

I think I've missed my calling. I'm going to start a psychic business, make predictions, and then when they're wrong...I'll just say they didn't happen YET ! Wonder what my hourly rate for consulting can be !
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

""You know, Steve, why don't you write a series of Letters to the Editor telling the people of Yelm something you think was done right for a change? ""

Great idea. I just keep wondering why RSE, including you, Steve, continue to "manifest" such things. Uh, let me guess. "You needed that experience." Right?

You know, deep within, that YOU know better. I realize how frightening it would be to give it all up, but that's where life actually begins, and the "real" tests begin - to have lived through RSE and exit, learning who you truly are after such.
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
tree

Unread post by tree »

Well, Rambles told Steve he'd win the election. Then, after Ramtha was WRONG and Steve lost, Ramtha told him (and the audience), that what is really was, is that he's going to win another election !
Or just send in letters that begin with "I should be major and not the other guy...and here's the latest reason why"
no wonder why he has upted the ante.
Elections are in 2009 I believe.
I guess he has his new slogan: "Dear Town Locals,
I should be the new town leader because you are all wrong and I am right.
Just admit it.
And I will tell you again at the town meeting tonight.
So Be it."

November 25, 2008
YELM COUNCIL PUBLIC HEARING TONIGHT - WILL RAISE YELM PROPERTY TAXES!

On the City Council Agenda tonight:

1. Ordinance No. 896 Ad Valorem [in proportion to the value] Property Tax to add 1% to property taxes.

2. Ordinance No. 893 Year End Budget Amendment
to amend the 2008 by almost $2 million dollars.

Won't you come out tonight and share your views with Mayor Harding & the City Council, who are looking after Yelm property owners' future with the 2009-2010 budget?

TONIGHT'S AGENDA WILL BEGIN AT 7:30PM AT THE PUBLIC SAFETY BUILDING...
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

"Rambles"....hahaha...that's so funny and appropriate

Return to “News Articles”