the continued bashing by Ramsters

This forum will list the news articles relative to the topic of RSE, directly or indirectly.
tree

the continued bashing by Ramsters

Unread post by tree »

I m posting the story/link from Steve Klein's website.
http://yelm.com/2009/02/mayor-hardings- ... he-ci.html (DEAD LINK)
Not totally necessary to read the entire article,
mostly I am posting for the comments of the people who posted.I know 3, for sure, are ramsters. The 4th one,
I am fairly certain, but the attitude rings as such.

Now, to refer back to blueheeler's post:

this continuous lashing out at people is pretty obvious in this article that Steve posted (well,
his humble opinion commentary) as well as the lashings out
by blueheeler.
It is a mode of thinking, and once one breaks out of the group,
it might behoove someone to get some help to rid oneself of this insidious nastiness towards others.
It is not really very sightly.

I posted a comment, that of course, needs approval by Steve, the administrator.
But, I hope I made a point.
Whether they get it or not,
they HAVE to think at some point,
"wow, she was in the group for so long and such a dedicated student.
Why the turn coat?"

Well, I can hope that thought might slip through.

eeh gad, they make war where there was once peace.

February 10, 2009
MAYOR HARDING'S STATE OF THE CITY ADDRESS

UPDATE
Tuesday, February 10, 2009, 2pm
Here are some of the key points Mayor Harding discussed to a full house of almost 100 people at the Chamber Forum today:
- There is no reason to highlight traffic & water; we're working on those.
Let's talk about the good things. Harding had so many people come up to him in Las Vegas at his daughter's Miss America pageant telling him they know about Yelm because of Janet being Miss Washington from here.

1. Economy
- Cash reserves are well established now to maintain current level of services. If the economy continues a decline, we'll have to assess service cuts by year's end. Revenues were up only 3% in 2008; we expected higher.
- We are expecting a continuing economic decline.
- Gone to a biennium budget (every 2 years) that looks fine for the next 2 years, though we can amend at any time.
- Working to draw new jobs, businesses, industry here for when economy picks up, in cooperation with other organizations like Thurston Regional Planning, Thurston EDC, etc.

2. Transportation
Seems to be the topic of the day based on the NVN's Question of the Week.
- Projects completed in a 3-4 year window are a gauge of our accomplishments. I stood before this collective three years ago and said we were going to spend alot of money on our roads. We did! (listed all of the road improvements)
- All of this would not have happened were not for our partnerships, i.e. Yelm Community Schools
- We built 60,000 feet of sidewalks - 5 miles.
- We built 15 streets in the city that we did not have in our grid previously
- Next phase is to plan east /west connection south of Yelm Avenue, just like we did with the Inner loop north of Yelm Ave., with a goal to make more of our grid connect.
- SR 510 Loop is a big project, one that is not a city project, rather the State's. We have no control on how that will take shape or be funded. "I feel we'll have a partial phase constructed this year... If the $11.3 million in funding stays in place, we will have construction on Phase 1 this year!"

3. POLICIES
- We need to answer the critics within the city and keep moving forward, balance regulating development and provide affordable housing. This area is known for homes that are lower than most in Puget Sound, and people are attracted here for that reason.
- Governing is not all about providing tangibles, the philosophy is important, like thinking outside of the box. We did that in 2008 by cutting costs and improving service, making us more efficient. Two areas were the animal license fees being eliminated. The hope is more animals will be licensed so there will be less expense to provide care from the city. Water late fees were eliminated, because the $5 fee cost more than the office-expense to go after those.

4. CHALLENGES
- "The biggest demand on the city for services comes from outside of the city. Our city serves 5,000 people, yet demands are placed on our roads, parks and facilities from a lot wider area. The difficult part is making those outside of the city understand that someone in the city is paying for services you are using. The library is an excellent example. I am confident in the end, there will be a library in Yelm, but what it will look like will be far different. The issue is how much can 5,000 people provide for an area serving multi-thousands? Timberland Regional Library has approached us with changing this facility (Yelm's Library). We do not know yet; it may be in the same place or maybe not."
- Bottom line: 5,000 people can't provide a home for the Library that serve so many more!
[Ed. Note: Does Mayor Harding NOT know that there are thousands of property owners who pay property taxes in Thurston County outside of the Yelm City limits to fund the Yelm Library, to Yelm Community Schools, to the Yelm Cemetery? Fortunately, 2 Timberland Library representatives were in the audience to hear this comment! This writer asked them if they had heard the same comment. Yes, they did! ]

5. Water
- We are doing a good job on water rights transfers that are in the works.
- We are working with State agencies in partnership on this issue.

6. Protection
- Area youth are a big issue.
- Planning will start on a Recreation/Community Center this year -- not construction.
- Working on Youth Safety Policies identifying Youth at Risk.
- Focusing more on networking with Youth Services not here in Yelm, i.e. seeking to get a Big Brothers/Big Sisters Chapter here.

7. Questions from Audience
- Megan Hansen of the NVN asked about plans for a traffic study.
Grant Beck, Community Planning Dept. answered: traffic study counts were done last month. He gave no details.
- Tom Dewell of the Yelm Food Co-op asked about how can someone help like himself who lives outside of the City, since he pays no taxes as a resident here. The Mayor said locating the business in the city limits affords the city to garner a 30% business tax, which is a tremendous help.

8. Closing
The Mayor asked how he could do things different for this presentation next year to make interesting.
[Ed. Note: For Mayor Harding to do this next year would mean he ran again for Mayor this Fall and won. Right now, no one has come forward to throw their hat in the ring to oppose Mayor Harding, if he chooses to run again.]

Copyright ? 2009 Stephen R. Klein. All Rights Reserved

UPDATE:
In his weekly Op-Ed piece on newsstands February 12th, NVN Publisher Keven Graves says"Hoping tat mayor seeks second term"

Mr. Graves, that's a slam-dunk! Mayor Harding WILL run unopposed and your newspaper will not have to conduct a Town Hall Forum, one again, IMHO.

4 Comments
Bettye Johnson said:

Regarding Item 4 - Challenges. Mayor Harding missed the boat regarding the library issue. If it were not for ALL the people living outside the city limits who use the library, the city revenues would suffer. I live outside Yelm and when I go to the library, I shop, purchase gas and also occasionaly dine there. Those of us who pay our dollars in Yelm and pay property taxes for the Timberland Regional Library are the backbone of the economy in Yelm. If by chance the library was to move to another location outside of Yelm, he would certainly learn very quick how important the library is to the city of Yelm.
February 10, 2009 7:46 PM
Liz said:

Sounds like a waste of time for folks again, with plugs for his daughter and the projects she's involved in, Big Brothers, Sisters. Do the intelligent folks in Yelm really buy into all this lip service?
February 10, 2009 8:05 PM
Jackie Jo Reid said:

As usual the Mayor makes short sighted comments.

I live outside the city limits but pay 36% or more of my Thurston County taxes to the Yelm School District. Has anyone noticed how far over that bar goes over? I also pay for the Timberland Library, etc.

As Bettye said, we might not live within the city limits but we sure buy within the city limits and pay taxes for what is within the Yelm city limits.

I guess the current Mayor just doesn?t want to hear anyone who will not be a yes person to what he wants or is someone else running the show? That is too bad as there are a lot of good ideas. Anyone who takes the time to comment is thinking about how they can help Yelm.

How could he skip over and not comment on a very, very important issue that is affects everyone? WATER? I now serve on the Thurston County Surface and Storm Water Advisory Board (SSWAB) and I believe that water is so important to all life.

Will the mayor ever learn that what Yelm does affects everyone surrounding the city limits of Yelm and not just the folks within the city limits?
February 12, 2009 2:15 PM
liz said:

The more this fool speaks the more I am amazed he is actually mayor. Those INSIDE the city pay for services that those OUTSIDE the city uses??? Is this man serious? And gets away with these stupid comments without queston? He needs to learn to shut his mouth, what comes out of it doesn't make any sense and makes him look more of the fool he is.

February 16, 2009 6:00 pm

Tree said:
all above comments are highly critical and with a cutting edge to them.
All Ramtha followers?

Maybe a lesson in
getting more with honey than vinegar might be worth it
to see how "win-win" might
be a better approach
than the 4 given above.
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

A few things come to mind when reading this ...

1) Generally speaking, Ramsters believe they are the radical few (read: special and know more than the lowly villagers), so they adopt a Ramtha-like critical attitude which presents itself in the fashion cited above at the mtg. What they fail to realize, is how bad it makes all of RSE look. We are judged by our acquaintances. Or at least made suspect.

2) With regard to this comment, ""wow, she was in the group for so long and such a dedicated student.
Why the turn coat?" " .... Did it ever occur to a Ramster that there are people who leave the school, even after a long time "current status", who are not turncoats, but who struggled with doubts and perhaps a little bit of their critical thinking still intact, such that they could be sincere and dedicated to the CORE MESSAGE OF THE TEACHING, but be confused and experience doubt because of the ACTIONS and WORDS of discrepancy and contradiction from the uncertified "teachers", Rambles/JZ, and related staff people ? I say, a resounding "YES." The message of "love and light" is not born out in RSE. Much of it remains and is ingrained, in the first three seals.

But, when you are red in the rainbow, they don't see themselves; the outsiders see the insiders very clearly. Gotta step back and view the entire picture.
Robair

Hello

Unread post by Robair »

Hello
I find it very interesting and funny at the sametime that ramsters want to put their noses everywhere in the runnning of the town,but do not want anyone from outside in there affairs,I think it would only fair :lol: for the Mayor of Yelm to be invited to be part of the decisions making regarding the ranch after all what happen at the ranch affect the hole community according to many. :) :)
My two cent
Oldone

Return to “News Articles”