more blah blah with Steve Klein

This forum will list the news articles relative to the topic of RSE, directly or indirectly.
tree

more blah blah with Steve Klein

Unread post by tree »

This guy has come out of the event with re-freshened ammo.
I am reading this with absolute incredulousness.
He REALLY can't see how he is sounding.
He will be utterly embarrassed down the road.

February 24, 2009
HARDING SPINS MISREPRESENTATIONS TO STATE LEGISLATURE ON WATER CASE

Yelm's Mayor Ron Harding answered questions on Tuesday, February 17, 2008 before senators in the State Legislature about State Bill 5867 stemming from the case of JZ Knight vs. City of Yelm et al.
CLICK HERE for information on the bill.

The Senate Environment, Water and Energy Committee asked about why the lawsuit against the city came forward.
Mayor Harding said the litigation is a land use issue.
He was asked if the case is in appeal and answered that was so.

Harding went on to say, "The opponent (JZ Knight) used water and water timing as a mechanism to stop growth in the area."

"What came out of the Superior Court was a vague ruling...
the opponent may feel they won,
yet we feel we won?"

Ed. Note:
Knight wants to stop growth?
She has made very clear this is about the city following the law on water appropriations from the State Dept. of Ecology. The court agreed with her.

Vague ruling?
There was nothing vague in the ruling by Superior Court Judge Wickham. The Court was VERY specific in the final judgment.

The city may feel it won, however, even The Olympian reported last November the city lost the case:
Judge says Yelm must prove it has water
Condition placed by city on subdivisions ruled illegal

"The city has lost the latest round in an apparent precedent-setting case that will determine when and to what level a city must prove it has the water to serve a planned development...."

Harding has not been so credible or truthful in his previous statements about this case.

Now, the Mayor has taken his spin to the State Legislature. One can only hope they do their homework on this case and find out Mayor Harding was not totally factual with them.
CLICK HERE to see Mayor Harding's comments before the Senators.

WHAT DO YOU SAY ABOUT MAYOR HARDING'S CONTINUED WHITEWASHING OF THE FACTS ON THIS ISSUE?

http://www.yelm.com/
Robair

Hello evryone

Unread post by Robair »

Hello

Hey Tree what is it with JZ and Steve to keep coming back on that issue,I know it is very important to Yelm,but they are like dogs on and old bone that just want let it go an rest for a while.
Could it be that they have some kind of hidden agenda that we do not know about.
Oldone
tree

Unread post by tree »

what is it with JZ and Steve to keep coming back on that issue
This was my point.
He got a reprieve of a half a day from the event (to extend into 9 more optional days,
of course, the staff will be working and half assed participating)
and he came on full guns.
It is like watching a caged animal gnash his teeth and salivating at every
word or nuance that comes out of city hall.

It is my opinion no one wants to put their money where their mouth is and run
for mayor or start their own newspaper.
But until then,
the poor towns people have to put up with their constant snarling.
blech.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

"us and them"

Unread post by David McCarthy »

the poor towns people have to put up with their constant snarling.
RSE must have an ?enemy without? to divert the attention away from the ?enemy within??!
Its classic doomsday cult behavior designed to separate its members from society by spreading fear and mistrust.

Steve does nothing and says nothing, without first Judith pulling his strings.
But you know what Steve?
Ron Harding and the people of Yelm know exactly what is going on here,.
But you are so utterly used by Judith... you can't see the forest for the trees,
She has sucked your Soul dry.

David.
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

I think it's funny and ironic that Steve unwittingly keeps giving Harding free press with his nitpicking attacks - I'm sure Harding just ends up solidifying his next term in the minds of the Yelm populace when they read the Steve Klein attacks..."oh, our Mayor took this up with the State Legislature? Good for him! Right place to be on behalf of Yelm"

Just the opposite effect Steve is going for.
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

He might want to do a "create my reality check." :wink:
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
tree

MAYOR PLACES 'FOOT IN MOUTH'

Unread post by tree »

not going to bother with a whole new post.
Steve has got a hard on for the mayor.
Will he never stop?
Splitting hairs if you ask me.
Like Steve has never made an inaccurate statement publicly.

February 27, 2009
MAYOR PLACES 'FOOT IN MOUTH' ON YELM LIBRARY FUNDING!

From the NVN about Mayor Harding's State of the City Address on the future of the Yelm Timberland Regional Library:

"One challenge the city faces is determining a new location for the Yelm Timberland Library.

Only a certain number of people are taxed for the library, but many more people use it.

'The library is a unique situation,' Harding said.

'There?s only so much 5,000 people can pay for.'

'I?m confident in the end there will be a library in Yelm.'

Ed. Note:
This comment by the Mayor should be an outrage for all of those property owners outside of Yelm's city limits who pay property taxes to support the Yelm Timberland Regional Library. Mr. Harding, more than the 5,000 people of the City of Yelm fund the Yelm Library, in case you did not know!
Property owners from the Timberland regional area and outside of Yelm fund Yelm's Library, too!

NVN Publisher/Editor Keven Graves penned an Op-Ed piece Friday, February 13th titled:
"Hoping that mayor seeks second term"
where he said:
"Just to make it clear, I also have a great appreciation for well-intentioned government watchdogs.
Open government is essential to a free and democratic society, and taxpayers have every right to know how their money is being spent."

That's right, Mr. Graves.
This writer sure wishes you & your newspaper staff were as zealous in investigating the comments of government officials of the City of Yelm as you are being watchdogs for the Cities of Roy and Rainier.

There is no question your loyalties lie with Mr. Harding, yet I am truly amazed your newspaper did not follow-up on Mayor Harding's ridiculous comment about Yelm Library funding and service area. You seem to be an intelligent and observant man and were present in the Chamber Forum when Mayor Harding presented this information on the library. Your and your newspaper's silence on the remarks of the Mayor about Yelm TRL Library's funding and future speaks volumes!
The City of Yelm always gets a "bye" from the NVN on important issues.

Mayor Harding touts planning for a community youth center while giving lip service to the future of a Yelm Library facility that has the largest youth participation in the whole TRL system.

And, the silence by City Council member and Yelm TRL employee Mike McGowan about a smaller library here is noted, as well.
Where was your newspaper's award-winning investigative reporting on this, Mr. Graves?

Interestingly, Yelm is not currently on the list for public meetings asking for public input regarding budget cuts.
THIS IS IMPORTANT!

If you want a local meeting, email: comments@trlib.org now!

The Yelm Timberland Regional Library serves a two county area including the cities of Eatonville, McKenna, Rainier, Roy, and Pierce & Thurston County residents, which includes many from Fort Lewis and those surrounding these communities.
tree

Unread post by tree »

The Nisqually Valley News has put up a new interactive website.

Personally, I think this is a very progressive change, much to the chagrin of Mr. let's-keep-blinders-on Klein.

http://www.yelmonline.com/articles/2009 ... 069276.txt

Return to “News Articles”