Do we create our reality ?

If you feel you've benefited in someway at RSE and would like to share your experiences, This is the only place on EMF for you.
Outright proselytizing for RSE is not permitted and will be removed without notice. Please take the time to read our EMF POSTING GUIDELINES here > viewtopic.php?f=39&t=272&p=1389#p1389
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

My current VIEWPOINT, based on science, (NOT PSEUDOSCIENCE) and based on experiences in RSE and the like, is that we do not have full control of our reality experiences in these physical bodies, in this lifetime.

Needless to say, this is a controversial topic. So, I am posting it here in the Debate Forum for those who choose to explore the subject further.

QUOTE: ?In order to understand reality, we must recognize that quantum common sense is not everyday common sense. There is a connection between these levels ? quantum and everyday ? but the connection is not what the advocates of "mystical physics" claim it is. Strange quantum effects on a small scale (with individual particles) disappear on a large scale (in systems with a large number of particles) due to randomization and probabilities. In fact, the strange small-scale behavior produces the normal large-scale behavior that we experience in everyday life.?

It is my opinion that this author makes a good case for unraveling the disconnect that exists in the common New Age dogma that ?we create ALL of our reality?. It explains why those tsunami victims, or terminally ill people, or abused people, or raped and abused children, do not ?deserve?, nor did they ?create? their reality.

There are multiple articles here to read, for those who care to search deeper into the new age claims. You won?t find pseudoscience here. You may want to get a nice hot cuppa, sit down and read, read, read and learn...and...post your thoughts about this TOPIC.

http://www.asa3.org/ASA/Education/views/quantum-z.htm
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

Thank you!
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
Another Dimension60

Unread post by Another Dimension60 »

Whether or not "victims" somewhere sometime somehow "chose" to experience the violence to them does NOT mean that our hearts are to stayed closed -- how many Mothers have watched their child do something stupid/create their own reality and get hurt - do you love the child less? do you not care or have compassion for their pain? .... Perhaps, in what ya'll call "New Age" thinking, the "victim" chose that reality/experience to open our hearts!....
Again, whether our "realities" are chosen or not, does that make rape and abuse and murder and violence and theft etc ok? -- Or is it a call to each of us to say NO, to open our hearts, to recognize we are all connected, to choose another way of seeing and living.
Meanwhile - God or not, we can't even 'create' a grain of sand - how in God's name/or Whoever do we think we can "create" reality. We can manipulate to the nano level, we can choose how to perceive, we can choose how we want to respond... but ain't none of us made something from nothing....
As ya'll say - just my opinion/2 cents...
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

Wow, AD60, what an great post !

You put into words some of the thoughts I've had and you described it so well.

Exactly...for the sake of debate, let's say that we do create our reality all of the time, even for unknown reasons.
It would absolutely stand to reason that if we are evolving to HIGHER levels, rather than DEvolving, our hearts would only open more and more until we arrive, singularly and collectively, and we can arrive at a place where we are beyond the need for ourselves or to teach others a lesson, in ways that would include any "contracting energy" (negative, painful, hurtful, etc), experiences ever.

I've posted before that we do not have to taste pickles, to know that ice cream is sweet. It's like that. We don't need the drama of mass death.

As you said, too, we sure don't need to (and I know I don't want to) be at a point in my spiritual life where I am closed down to difficult experiences that anyone has, and just shrug my shoulders, chalking it up to "well, that was the reality they created !" TO ME, that seems heartless and cold, not loving and compassionate. Yet, with the tsunami as an example, I do remember the news reporting that there was an UNprecedented outpouring of love and compassion like never before, along with Hurricane Katrina, exemplified by record setting donations of money and items for those affected.

Also, as you said, whether we're God or not, in the new age sense of the understanding, then we're the tip of the iceberg. Folks aren't pulling chocolate out of the ethers, so I'm not impressed ... giggle...we need to be humble and know that we have a LONG way to go, and would do well to keep our arrogance and delusions about what we do/don't control, seriously in check.

Two more cents. ;-)

Return to “For those who hold a positive experience of RSE - You are welcome to post here.”