Derren Brown?s Science Of Scams

Educate yourself. Videos - Interviews - We address the topic of RSE, Cults and Recovery.
Open for discussion and exchange of views.
Caterpillar

Derren Brown?s Science Of Scams

Unread post by Caterpillar »

?Introducing Science of Scams ? Derren Brown?s next amazing project aimed at teaching Derren?s younger audience about scam science.? (That?s us? The excellent 7 videos cover PSI, Ghost, Brick breaking, Ouija board, Chi energy, Telekinesis and Psychic reading. RSE?s remarkable students may NOT be remarkable after all!)

Quote:

Everyone is fascinated by the paranormal. Subjects like UFOs, Tarot cards and ghosts excite people worldwide. And behind it all there?s a massive industry. There are books, magazines, TV shows, live events, even psychic phone lines and websites all profiting from our fascination with the unexplained. The paranormal industry makes millions of pounds every year. And yet there?s actually no solid scientific evidence that anything paranormal exists. Are we all just falling for a big psychic scam?

We have all had the experience of absolutely believing something which turned out to be untrue. That so-and-so hated us, that we were about to die, that we had our wallet with us when we left the house. Sadly, how deeply we believe something has no necessary correlation with how true it is.

Derren and his team have released 7 hoax videos which appear to be paranormal phenomena. In fact they?re all based upon real scientific principles and there?s nothing paranormal about them at all. Over the past few months that hoax footage has been posted over the internet in the attempt to find out if people would accept the footage as genuine or question it in an attempt to discover the real truth.

http://derrenbrown.co.uk/blog/science-scams/
ex

Unread post by ex »

well kate how do you explain putting a pyramid on the hat and seeing a 35000 year old gost.........thats realy good
Sad Grandfather
Location: Joe Reeves, Carthage, Mississippi http://joesue.com/

Unread post by Sad Grandfather »

About 30 years ago, I went through a transformation, following a major accident, of having all the answers (as given to me by a church), to having NO answers. As I came to have doubts about all their BS, I was threatened with burning in hell for eternity.

I came to realize that, since the world is full of religions, denominations, cults, etc, all contradictory, that obviously they could not have the true "answers". From that I realized that they were ALL either deluding themselves OR running scams. Once I accepted that NO ONE had all the answers, in fact VERY few answers, but lots of wild speculation, I realized that I was not supposed to have these "answers".

Compared to the infinite and eternal universe, we are totally insignificant. Our world is a tiny speck of dust, revolving around a very minor star in the vast universe. Anyone who claims to have the answers is either deluded or a scam artist.

PT Barnam was a genius! "There is indeed a sucker born every minute", or was in his day. Now it must be, at least, every second! Imagine my frustration that my own daughter has fallen for one of the most absurd scams in recorded history! Ramtha, the world's greatest teacher? How about Judith Hamton Knight, the world's greatest scam artist!

My apologies to the recovering Ramsters here! I have studied her scam enough to realize how seductive it is to those who really believe there are "answers" and that the "right" teacher can provide them.
Down with Judith Hampton Knight!

Return to “TV Interviews - Videos -Documentaries - Educate yourself”